[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick queston

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1998-grand-cherokee.jpg (95KB, 1051x780px) Image search: [Google]
1998-grand-cherokee.jpg
95KB, 1051x780px
How do you go about measuring the curve in wheel well? i'm trying to build this subwoofer box for my vehicle, but im stumped as to how you measure the curvature. thanks in advance!
>>
>>1166330
>how to use tape measure

0/10
>>
File: IMG_20141025_165359126_HDR-L.jpg (275KB, 338x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141025_165359126_HDR-L.jpg
275KB, 338x600px
Template it out with cardboard first.
Trim until you get desired results.
Use that template to cut the MDF.

Get the right volume for the sub you're putting in. Adding poly-fill can help if you're on the smaller side.
Wood glue on all the joints.
>>
-Get a piece of poster board or cardboard
-Rough cut it to get it in the ballpark
-Temporarly attach it to the side of the vehicle
-Measure up (vertical) from the surfaces (including the flat,easy part) an equal amount all along the contour about every inch or so. A small block of wood or something about the right size, is a lot quicker and more accurate than using a tape.
-cut out curve (and flat) and use it for a template to mark the wood.
>>
>>1166331
He asked a quick question and got a quick answer.
>>
>>1166344
This. Poster board template /10. Almost always the best and easiest unless u wanna break out the fiberglass
>>
>>1166330
Just buy the insert, poorfag. It's a jeep xj, everything is already on eBay for ten dollars or less.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.