[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where should I buy flooring online to install? I'm interested

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: o.jpg (56KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
56KB, 750x1000px
Where should I buy flooring online to install? I'm interested in vinyl planks, but I'm not sure what the best place is to get them. I'd like to avoid the really cheap faulty stuff.
I don't trust talking to retailers who work in the industry, as they usually just try to sell you their own brand.
>>
Trafficmaster Allure Ultra, you can buy it from home depot online. Make sure it's the "ultra" type though as it is thicker than the lower grade they offer, somewhere between 3/8" and 1/4". Last I checked I think there was like 20 or 25 variants they made.

I installed some in my construction office about 5 years ago, which sees a ton of traffic including a couple of large dogs, and it still looks like new. It's for the most part indestructible. It would probably outlive you.
>>
>>1165910
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll see if I can convince my family to go for one of these.
https://www.lumberliquidators.com/ll/c/Dark-Hollow-Oak-EVP-Coreluxe-XD-EVPDKH7/10041439
My family's heart is set on this. I'm a bit skeptical of lumber liquidators, though. Especially since this has no reviews. The 50 year warranty seems promising, however.
>>
>>1165910
Seconding this. I use Allure Ultra in all my rentals and I never have a problem. For a bit of added protection, you can paint the subfloor with Kilz before you install the planks. It costs a bit more per foot than laminate or sheet vinyl, but it's well worth the cost in the long run. I don't even bother with carpet in the bedrooms anymore.

If you get 10mm, or thicker, planks, you can even swap them out if one of the planks gets scratched. They're practically indestructible though.

Another alternative is self-adhesive vinyl tile. If one of these gets damaged, you can just heat it up, pull it off, and slap in a new one. They're about half the cost, but they don't look as good IMO.
>>
Stick to the main retailers on this one. There's a lot of competition going on in this little product sector lately, and it's steadily improving. The big three are competing to have the best lineup, and it's making LVT a very good option.

Home Depot is rebranding a product called IsoCore as it's own "lifeproof" brand, but it's the exact same thing. At the moment, you can get the isocore-branded product for ~$2.07/sq while it's being closed out for the *exact* same product to be sold at ~$2.99/sq.

This is happening now, so snap it up if you like it. It's the premium stuff, thickest planks, best wear layer, and attached underlayment. The texture actually matches the printing too.
>>
>>1165851
Dunno but i laid miles of it. Not aure if fad or actual best.

Hand scraped pre stained oak.

Do this

Get paid.

Get laid.
>>
>>1165922
>The 50 year warranty seems promising,

Only if you expect the company doing the warranty to be around for that long.
>>
File: 0316172059.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
0316172059.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
>>1165851
In LVT, anything 4mm or thicker is gonna do just fine. Be careful of the darker colors, they will show dust more, and light scratches will show white.

Lumber Liquidators is a legit company. I wouldn't worry about buying from them.

carpet-wholesale.com sells LVT. Tons of brands to choose from and compare.

I installed Mohawk Noblesse Toasted Walnut (pic related) recently in my basement. But my wife works for them so it was Cost+10%. I compared it to a lot of other brands, though, just to make sure it wasn't false economy to buy the company product.

Honestly, once you get up into the thicker planks (4mm and up) there's not a lot of difference. If they're lock-together, they all use the patented "Uni-clic" system, they just call it different things.
>>
>>1165851

The ISOCore product is really nice to install because of the drop edge on it. That makes it a true plank by plank install.

Some of the other plank vinyl you have to click all of the short ends together and then angle the whole row to click it into the previous row lengthwise. Huge fucking hassle if you're doing a large area.

Plus it's durable as anything and as the other anon said, it's got the pre-attached underpad for a price pretty well the same as other luxury plank vinyl.
>>
I've used "builddirect.com" with good results. Wide variety of product. Vinyl, hardwood, laminate, ceramic. I've put their Lamton brand laminate in several houses. 12mm/13mm (about 1/2 inch) planks. Solid stuff. Free delivery if you meet quantity limits, pallet discounts too.
>>
>>1165963
>>1165910

I got this stuff for my whole bottom floor (800 sq ft) and it's the shit
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.