[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leather armor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: m.jpg (44KB, 480x651px) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
44KB, 480x651px
Anyone has a complete guide to making leather armor. I plan to make one and sell it.
I need a DIY hobby cause i'm really getting bored.
I've come here for help because someone else might point me in the right direction faster than if i researched for 10 days.
Maybe if it fits me well i'll wear it IRL and be a supersperg.
>>
File: LEDERLRPTRIBE.jpg (128KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
LEDERLRPTRIBE.jpg
128KB, 800x800px
More stuff i like.
I'll make it as little flashy as i can so it can be worn in daily life without attracting too much attention.

Any complete guide? Video or text.
I have no idea how to make the shoulders mostly, the body i can improvise.
>>
>>1165103
Learn how to make cosplay armor out of foam, once youre good at that just replace foam with leather
>>
>>1165109
Are you serious? Or just messing with me?

I saw they sell really well on the internet, at extremely high prices. I bet they don't justify the working time at all. And for the shitty country i live in if i make 1000 euros per month it's quite a lot.
>>
>>1165106
why not just buy a motorcycle jacket at this point?
>>
>>1165109
This is decent advice. Basic sewing knowledge would be valuable too.

>>1165110
Professional foam prop maker teaches you how to make tons of stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/user/evilted40

Honestly just lurk around youtube for a while and you'll find great guides for just about any kind of craft you could want.
>>
>>1165110
Mostly, of course you have to replace glue and velcro with rivets and thread too.
>>
>>1165110
leather is not an easy material to work with, you should first learn general leatherworking
you can find plenty of youtube videos about that and it's a very respected and well paid trade because it requires considerable skill
>>
Go buy a bag of leather scraps from Michael's and start fucking around with that. It'll take some time before you're anywhere near good enough to make a wearable piece, let alone something with armor strength.
>>
Thanks guys, will do.
>>
>>1165214
>>1165223
both of these, honestly leather isn't too hard to pick up. with this being said, you can't expect to be an expert and make something other than shit in the beginning. It is like trying to build a house from the ground up without pouring foundation or picking up a hammer.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.