[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you started your garden yet /diy/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (263KB, 1536x1199px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
263KB, 1536x1199px
Have you started your garden yet /diy/?
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Growing peas, zucchini, spaghetti squash, crooked neck squash, suhyo, boston cucumber, eggplant, corn, sugar baby watermelons, crimson watermelons, cantalope and grean beans
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>1164928
cont.
yellow bell, orange bell, red bell ancho, sante fe and jalepeno peppers, red, yellow, white and sweet onions, garlic, tomatoes, basil, oregano, sage, pineapple-sage, peppermint, rosemary, lemom balm, thyme, chives, marjoram, grapes and dragon friut
>>
>>1164923
Yep, did a 5' x 10' raised bed, along with some potted plants. 34 total plants, half of it is Vietnamese plants that I don't even know the name of, gf wanted them. Just started some orange seeds, because fuck paying $30 for a weak ass branch.
>>
>>1164923
Please keep this thread alive until I get home from work. This is just the type of thread I've been waiting for.
>>
>>1164923
>>1165043
>>1164928
>>1165018
>>1164930
Stay in your containment thread: >>>/out/993583
>>
>>1165067
Did you have a traumatuc experience whilst gardening, friendo?
>>
File: 1395967729394.jpg (41KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1395967729394.jpg
41KB, 512x512px
>>1164923
No, it's still way too fucking cold in leafland.

>moving to another place in a week where I'll have my own yard and that's a 5 minute drive away from the best gardening center in the region
>>
File: Weaponize+autism_2fb249_6242501.jpg (94KB, 460x602px) Image search: [Google]
Weaponize+autism_2fb249_6242501.jpg
94KB, 460x602px
I scored a free greenhouse. Two 12x10 harbor freight greenhouses put together. It's in parts and needs new panels, but it's a start.
>>
No, I don't eat fruits or vegetables.
Not even kidding.
>>
>>1165075
Serious, go over there, there's an entire community of gardeners in those threads on /out/. It is where everyone on 4chan is told to go. Except the weed growers who get their posts removed.
>>
>>1164923
I'm pretty sure that guy has autism. He speaks strangely.
>>
>>1165093
No, it is not. Those HF greenhouses are notoriously complete shit. You are better off building a frame out of reclaimed lumber from a construction site or even old pallet wood.
>>
no, I live in an apartment house and don't control any space outside. I have started feeding the raccoon that moved into my ceiling a few weeks ago, that's like a garden but better because I can hear it talking to itself and scratching around while I'm up late shitposting
>>
>>1165397
mushrooms
they don't even need the sun
>>
>>1165395
They do need extra support. They fold right up in wind without it.

>>1165527
They need ambient light in order to flush properly.
>>
>>1165098
go back to /r9k/ then, what kind of basement dwelling neckbeard are you to not eat any fruit or veg
>>
>>1166635
Was that supposed to hurt or something?

I'm a recent college grad who just purchased a house. Little under 6' and 155lbs. I don't think basement dwelling neckbeards can describe themselves as anything close to that.

Ironically, my blood tests came back with great numbers and all I get told to do is take multivitamins.

Questions?
>>
>>1165527
He's got a talking raccoon, I think he needs to lay off the mushrooms.
>>
File: IMG_20170419_150732.jpg (4MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170419_150732.jpg
4MB, 3036x4048px
I've been selling plants out of my apartment garage for about a month now.
>>
>>1165087
> forgetting greenhouses are a thing
>>
>>1166715
I have a question. Why go to such efforts to prove how unbothered you are to an anonymous chucklefuck on a Puerto Rican pigeon racing enthusiasts mailing list?
>>
My garden is completely paved over but I'm growing potatoes in bins. Also some strawberries for the kids.
>>
>>1164923
We have and we are over here: >>>/out/999083
>>
>>1166810
This.
Best thread on 4chinz for gardening resources
There is also a plant general over in /an/ that is 90% carnivorous plants.
>>
>>1166823
>There is also a plant general over in /an/ that is 90% carnivorous plants.

Only downside to that is bugguy. At least he's been gone for a long long time on /out/ threads.
>>
>>1166806
Point taken...
>>
No its still fucking SNOWING! God damn this cold, wet spring.
>>
anon, is it possible to create an aquaponic setup in snowy conditions?
>>
>>1166850
>>1167140
lrn2Polytunnel/Greenhouse: >>>/out/1001359
>>
>>1166826
Bugguy/plont has been gone from /an/ as well.
Good riddance.
>>
>>1164930
I had those same raised beds!

They held up pretty well, good luck!
>>
>>1164923
not yet but i did throw a bunch of grass seed around in the bare spots on my lawn.

i got the straight seed fescue blend with 0% filler, raked it in with some top soil.

hope i get something out of it, if not i'm out $3 and 10 minutes of effort.
>>
>>1164923
Lots of peppers, need bigger garden
>>
>>1164928
Damn, nice setup mate
>>
>>1164923
how cost effective is gardening
>>
>>1164923
Wranglerstar look weird to anyone else?
>>
File: LAWN LEVELLING.png (20KB, 1249x827px) Image search: [Google]
LAWN LEVELLING.png
20KB, 1249x827px
Thought I would post in here instead of making my own thread:

I just finished entirely redoing my front garden, I'll post pics soon but some of the seed didn't take so I've put some more down and will show it when the patches are less visible.

But now I'm starting on the back, I plan to install a decking area, a path and a pond but first I need to level it all off as I live on a hill.

What I'm trying to figure out at the moment is what I am going to do with the left side (which is the higher side) as I plan to move the soil that is there to other parts of the garden.

If you look at the horrible MS paint picture I whipped up for reference, I am unsure on how to cover up the part labelled earth. It needs to be covered by something as it looks pretty nasty just having all this dirt sitting there. I dont want to use a fence as I don't like the featheredge stuff and anything else will show the dirt behind it or be took expensive. I also don't really want to put in a new secondary hedge as buying any type of fully matured foliage is expensive and I also dont want to have to nurture some new saplings as it will be years before they can cover this area.

I was thinking about maybe building a wall but I'm hoping somebody will suggest something cool.
>>
>>1167473
you'll save a couple hundred bucks a year if vegetables are actually a big part of your diet.
>>
>>1167512
That and your vegetables will actually taste like they're supposed to. Still remember the first time I ate a green bell pepper from my garden a few years ago. Amazing taste compared to the watery shit at the grocery store. And it was a volunteer plant from some compost. Still tasted great.
>>
>>1167473
mane once you taste garden grown tomatoes and cucumbers you won't give a shit about the cost.

It is cost effective anyway. Very much so.
>>
>>1166758
Yeah, surely a greenhouse is gonna fit in my 5-feet wide yard.
>>
>>1167511

anything other than a retaining wall will be nigger tier
>>
>>1167585

are you implying the minimum greenhouse size is 6'
>>
Got ground cherry and some bachelor buttons hardening off in my cold frame now, as well as cabbage, broccoli and onions that should go in as soon as the ground dries out. A week of wet weather ahead, so meh.

Tomato in the cellar
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.