[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can I do with these speakers? I helped my buddy move and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

What can I do with these speakers? I helped my buddy move and he game me these and an amp, I sold the amp already so these are relatively worthless to me now and they're not selling so I'm looking for ideas of what to do with them before just scrapping them. I was thinking of tearing them apart to play with the magnets
>>
Goddamn you got some shitty taste in wine. Hope that was free too
>>
>>1164626
They have soft dome tweeters so they at least arent completely bottom of the barrel
Dont ruin them just for the sake of ruining them, the magnets arent going to be worth anything.
>>
put them in ebay
>>
>>1164725
don't have any branding on them and the speakers appear to be glued in or some sticky tape or something. shipping cost also- they're huge
>>
>>1164626
Those look like garage workshop speakers to me.
>>
Buy a cheap Chinese amp and use them as computer or phone speakers. They're wood cabinets so they'll still sound better than pretty much all plastic computer speakers and bluetooth speakers. Old school speakers are becoming rarer and rarer.
>>
>>1164729
those are actually pretty good quality speakers, assuming your buddy built them right

if my eyes don't deceive me those are dayton BR-1s, it's a kit offered by parts express.

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-br-1-6-1-2-2-way-bookshelf-monitor-speaker-kit-pair--300-640

the DC28 tweeter alone is legendary for its performance/price ratio

woofer is a good quality woofer, nothing to write home about though, I have a sub from the same series. It's still in a good tier though.
>>
>>1164729
oh and if you're talking about those little foam pads on the woofers they don't really do much. I think they were more intended for behind-baffle mounting, and they were mounted in front for this application.
>>
>>1164626
Location? If US I'll give you $15 and pay shipping. If you happen to be in wayne county michigan I'll give you $20 and pick them up
>>
>>1164626
find a cheap car radio, build a portable boombox
>>
take them apart and scavenge for some OTAs like the 3080. they go for good $$$
>>
>>1164903
The foam on the outside is to stop grill rattling.
>>
>>1164902
you're the man, just having the identifying information is huge, and will likely result in them actually getting sold now. The only reason I'm not trying to use them myself is because I already have a powered set of 6 inch monitors and I'm currently in a tiny apartment so having multiple doesn't benefit me
>>
>>1165041
Glad to be of help. You should at least give them a listen first though, you might like them more than your monitors.
>>
>>1164626
Hey boss if you're anywhere near the Portland area I'll buy those from you.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.