[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Short story short, fell a rainwater barrel on my big toe when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: CAM01314.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
CAM01314.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Short story short, fell a rainwater barrel on my big toe when I was emptying before the winter. Hit it hard, was all black and stuff, but not hard enough to lose it right away.
Pic related just happent (did my best to clean the gross stuff) it feels super awkward and hurts a bit so I want to superglue it back, the nails have some overlap, about 2mm, so I think it could work. Fits back perfectly. My question is:

Is superglue safe for the skin long term or will it burn/melt the shit out of my nailbed?
>>
File: sage-bunch-small.jpg (22KB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
sage-bunch-small.jpg
22KB, 300x196px
OP I respeck you and I'm sorry about your nail but don't do this or anything like it. Stay organic friend.
>>
It'll grow back just fine, there could be ingrown toenail but that's easily fixable.
>>
Don't do that. It'll burn/melt the shit out of your nailbed. Best thing to do is just keep it lightly wrapped and clean. You'll get used to the nail being gone pretty quck.
>>
>>1164436
Idk man, I want to try it, superglue always seemed rather innert when you get it on fingers. Are the chemical in it dangerously volatile?
>>
>>1164433
>>1164433
Just leave it to itself. I accidentally cut halfway through my fingertip with a new kitchen knife two summers ago, losing half the nail in the process. Once it was gone the exposed, sensitive nailbed area was annoying, but it grew back just fine without ever using any medication or odd trickery with potentially toxic glue that could mess up your nailbed.
The sensitivity goes away after some time as well, just be patient OP
>>
We really need a medical board board or something.

You should just leave it like that. That being said, depending on the actual compound of superglue it is not really harmful. It was initially invented for closing wounds, I think the army and vetenarians still use it.
>>
>>1164457
4chan should have nothing remotely close to a medical board. fine if someone wants to shitpoast medically-related stuff on their own accord, but for the chin-chan to openly endore medical posting is a terrible idear.
>>
>>1164455
similar things happened to me, half my toe (including the meat part) was gone, and the whole thing with nails grew back, must have been lucky the nail bed was just barely survived

op, just leave it, the nail will grow back to length and it will fuse automatically with the meat part under it

tldr: just leave it
>>
>>1164459
I was thinking of the entertainment value :^)
>>
>>1164462
well there is /b/ for that, or /sci/, or /diy/, maybe even /out/
>>
File: t_geeps.png (12KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
t_geeps.png
12KB, 261x195px
>>1164466
pls don't send him to /out/ anon
>>
>>1164470
i figued /out/sies get injured a lot in the wild and are probably good at first aid
>>
>>1164433
I superglue a rock to your driveway, in front of your rusty F150 - where your truck go then, genius?
>>
>>1164442
Licensed to mess with nails and shit here. So, yeah. Go ahead and trim of what you can. But don't glue it down. No, it's not going to frak up the nail bed or matrix, but you run the risk of getting a fungal infection under the nail.
Super glue and nail glue are the same thing, BTW. If it was a torn into the bed, but still attached? Yeah, I've done that plenty of times. But don't try and reattach it to the nail bed.
>>
>>1164433
It will be fine. People use superglue to seal wounds and glue back nails all the time. Just try not to get it inside a wound.

Glueing the nail back onto the remaining nail is fine but it will be a bit flimsy and may cause you problems. A better solution is to wrap it with a bandaid. Keep a few on you all day to swap them when one start to come loose.
>>
>>1164433
I've had toenails ripped off before. I have superglued them back on to avoid that awkward, exposed nail bed sensation. It works, ok, but it'll fall off again in a week if you're careful. There's no avoiding it. You just have to suffer for a week or two while the exposed skin toughens up. Your remaining nail looks healthy though. It'll look normal again in a few months.
>>
>>1164433
This happened with my finger. U can get a splint. It's basically a cap for ur toe or finger to protect the exposed area
>>
How about going to see a doctor?
>>
>>1164433
Leave it alone, you'll be fine. Has no one in your life ever said it's too far from your heart to kill you?
>>
>>1164433
>doctors
>splints
>amputation
ITS A GODDAMN BROKEN TOENAIL, YOU FAGGOTS. NOW SUFFER AND STFU ALREADY.
>>
be carefull op! Happened to me and the fuckin nail started to grow in my freakin flesh so yeah watch out for that and maybe go see a doctor
>>
>>1164433
1) No superglue wont hurt you in any way shape or form. They use it in hospitals to seal wounds when stitches and staples arent a viable option(its probably like medical grade fancy shit but its the same formula).

2) Its not the glue you need to worry about. Shit fell off because it was dead, dont glue dead shit back on. Your body can handle shit just fine on its own, not to mention it will probably be more annoying feeling with superglue under your nail than it would feel missing said nail.

3) Quit being such a god damned pussy. Nails get smashed and fall off all the time, normal people just deal with it until it grows back. Deal with it.
>>
>>1164583
The glue in question is called cyanoacrylate and it doesn't dry. Like many other compounds it feed on the moisture of unsuspecting victims. That's why it's so convenient, you put it on the bleeding wound and it hardens when it touches the moist skin. And that's why it's so dangerous to put in your mouth or eyes, it fastens itself on your mucous membranes and glue them shut immediately.
And because it transfigurates itself into a quite inert compound in moist environments its quite harmless when hardened. Doesn't leech into your system.
>>
>>1164459
that's EXACTLY what 4chan should have
>>
>>1164436
>>1164442
agreed, epoxy is the best solution to it
>>
>>1164433
Here's this. If you did glue it back on, I certainly hope you would only glue it to the existing short nail, and not to the nail bed beneath. That said. With out being attached to the nailbed, it will be more of a liability to you than a help. I can see a likelyhood of you snagging that dead glued on nail on something like the inside of your pants leg or something, and having quite a lever against your fresh new nail. Personally, I've had a nail get levered off suddenly, it sucks almost as bad as the smashed toe did. So, don't do it. Tough through the uncomfyness Anon.
>>
>>1164433
>>1164596
>>1164746
Several mixes of the cyanoacrylate are used as surgical glue or the liquid skin bandages. The ones that aren't are because the FUMES, not the glue, are toxic and bad for people to work with every day. so it's for nurse safety, not patient. the glue is slightly toxic, but the LD50 is in the, like, kilograms, so you would need to be making a bodysuit level of superglueing to be affected.
I often use superglue to create a protective coating on hangnails or small cuts, it's basically instant scab, peels off in 2-5 days as the skin flakes off and or it gets picked at.
And second the don't glue nail back down, it'll come slightly loose and then lever off, and the parts where it's still attached will tear off new skin.
just use superglue on it to make a coating if you want.
>>
>>1164459
I'm an ER doc, and honestly, I'd just shitpost terrible ideas and potentially harmful advice, you're absolutely right.

>>1164433
Use a small finish nailer and put one through the fallen off nail, just above the good part with a slight overlap so the one that fell off can absorb nutrients and sunlight from the bad one. The nail will eventually be absorbed by your body and will provide much needed iron. Don't want to get anemic, friend!
>>
>>1164826
>terrible ideas and potentially harmful advice
which would be no different than an ER doc irl
>>
File: Untitled.png (928KB, 631x870px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
928KB, 631x870px
>>1164433
>>
>>1164860
I shan't have my jimmies rustled on /diy/ of all places.
>>
>>1164863
Kek
>>
>>1164802
I do that shit too, but I've also burned myself getting overboard with it. A thin film probably won't hurt, but if you accidentally get a bead or drop going it can hurt like a bitch. And I believe I've read that burns to the nailbed can inhibit regrowth, so it's probably wise for OP to leave it alone. Failing that, if OP simply can't resist, he should probably use CA sparingly on the remaining nail ONLY, and not on the exposed nailbed.
>>
I lost my middle finger nail 20 years ago. It still doesn't feel right compared to the others.
>>
>>1164877
Yeah, that is tue. When cyanoacrylate reacts with water the reaction is exothermic. Big drops that cure fast can burn because there is a lot of heat involved.
>>
Op don't be a fucking retard. It's not the whole toe, it'll grow back.
>>
Send me that nail, I want to pick my teeth with it.
>>
>>1164457
a medical board would just be /lbgt/ going through transition. that's a horrible idea. keep it in /diy/
>>
>>1164434
Opie, I hate to agree with the homosex vegan, but (s)he's right.
Just let nature take its course.
You'll probably lose the nail.
No biggie, I've lost a few myself, that shit just takes care of itself.
>>
File: boner.png (328KB, 433x540px) Image search: [Google]
boner.png
328KB, 433x540px
>>1164826
>Use a small finish nailer and put one through the fallen off nail, just above the good part with a slight overlap so the one that fell off can absorb nutrients and sunlight from the bad one.
>>
>>1164433
I wish I would lose a nail just once. the fresh air on that exposed nailbed would probably be the most freeing thing I've felt in months.

if it's too sensitive put a bandaid on it. otherwise enjoy it while you can. maybe see if you can use the sensitivity to your advantage. learn to crack safes with your toes or something.
>>
>>1165381
Could have them surgically removed and burned with acid like i did
>>
>>1164433
I've done that. No pic though... Did it chopping wood. Went rafter a little while later and my gf accidentally pushed the boat into my toe.

It opened up like a car hood...

Pretty gross.
>>
>>1164433
Been there. Super Glue wont last long because of the humidity of the area. Just get used to the weird sensation it goes away real fast.
>>
OP reporting back, decided to just leave it, was hoping for more doitfaggot.jpg posts.
>>
File: jake the poacher.png (590KB, 852x477px) Image search: [Google]
jake the poacher.png
590KB, 852x477px
>>1164433
Do a proper job, use your dremel to smooth the surface first. fill with model filler, milliput or something then superglue the nail back. Sand smooth and use clear lacquer.

I'd probably use a bolt if that failed.
>>
>>1164470
/co/mrade here, lurking /diy/ for shits and giggles.
Why shouldn't he go to /out/? I've never been there.
>>
Just leave it, that happens all the time to me because of fungal infection I've had for years. It'll grow back perfectly fine.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.