[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Compressor problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Champion_Simplex_Compressor.jpg (116KB, 701x639px) Image search: [Google]
Champion_Simplex_Compressor.jpg
116KB, 701x639px
Hey guys, I have an older compressor that I don't use that much except for filling tires and blowing out my pc. Last time I used it, it filled itself up, but when I went to use it, it just spurted out some air then was done. It didn't turn back on, but I had to wait about 30s before I could blow any real amount of air, then it did the same thing. Quick burst of air, then just barely anything. I went to drain the air tank, and it was completely full of air just like usual. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?
>>
Ok I'm no genouis (sp?) but I think if ur tank is "completely full of air" but nothing comes out the end, then logic dictates that there is something between ur "completely full" tank and the end of your line.
dumbass
>>
>>1164265
Your reading comprehension leaves something to be desired, since at no point did I say "nothing comes out the end". Dumbass
>>
>>1164280
You are an idiot.

Fine, I'll just answer your question. Your regulator's full of crap and that's why nothing's coming out.
>>
>>1164262
You use compressor air to blow out your pc?
Your > politically correct
Or your > personal computer
Compressor air contains mucho moisture m8
>>
>>1164641
As long as you're not in Florida and blowing it onto a powered computer there's no issues. Just watch for static electricity and keep the regulator reasonably low.
>>
Blocked hose?
>>
>>1164280
>at no point did I say "nothing comes out the end"
>>1164262
>it just spurted out some air then was done.

>then was done
implies
>nothing comes out the end
>>
>>1164641
If only they made something that seperates the water and oil from the air....
>>
>>1164996
>If only they made something that seperates the water and oil from the air....

I thought this was such a good idea I would attempt to invent something for this.
I started checking around and found there are prior patents on doing this very thing.
Great idea but I guess we're too late, anon... sad.
>>
>>1164667
Really doesn't matter where you are there's gonna be a decent bit of water in it. Likely not enough to hurt anything but still a risk
>>
>>1164262
just get rotary screw compressor
>>
>>1164262
Seconding blown regulator.
>>
>>1164262
Test the air pressure on your skin for good measure. The wrist is always a good starting point, then move on to your temple.
>>
>>1164262
You open the drain valve after every use to get the moisture out so the thank didn't rust inside, right?

Right.

Otherwise, you've got oxidized bits of air tank clogging up the works.
>>
Drain compressor tank. Remove regulator. Replace with a tee with a couple of quick disconnects or similar.

Use compressor without regulator until you get another regulator and put a nipple and chuck on that then use at end of your airline where you need to reduce pressure from whatever the tank pressure switch is set to.

You can use any cheap filter/dryer at the end of the line too. Your air will have cooled a bit by then and it will work better. I only connect regulators and filter/dryers when painting. Everything else gets full pressure and volume. Most shops are set up with regulators only as needed at the end of supply lines.
>>
>>1164262

>>1166337
this

You might have moisture in the tank which is turning to ice and blocking the line for a bit until it melts.
>>
>>1164280
Fuck head
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.