[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tiny fast deploying parachute

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 516m9p1OZTL._SL1000_[1].jpg (51KB, 841x1000px) Image search: [Google]
516m9p1OZTL._SL1000_[1].jpg
51KB, 841x1000px
I have no idea what goes into a parachute design and need help. I need a fragile item to drop from an 8 foot height and land on only one side and the only way I can think of doing it is using the bottom of the item as a ballast and to add a parachute to the top. The parachute cannot be folded and deployed traditionally, it needs to "find itself" no matter how the object falls. The main goal is to have the item facing the shock absorbing bottom.

What is the "fastest" type of parachute design? Is there a parachute design that will find it's shape no matter how the payload falls or what way the parachute is facing? If another design for drag works better than that's fine, the main goal is to have this object facing the right way, It just would be nice if the fall was softened a bit before hitting the shock absorbers.

Pic related, I was thinking the best way is to have a string less design so nothing gets tangled.

No this isn't a "drop the egg" science experiment (it kind of is). I'm trying to invent an invasive tool/head saving device for tools that are dropped from 1-2 stories.
>>
>>1163677
We arent doing your schoolwork jimmy
>>
Nothing not super invasive is going to stop a hammer from hurting someone. Buy one of those parachute guys and tie it to a hammer, see what happens. The only way this would work is if the parachute was proportionate to the hammer how your army guy is. This would leave a big bulge on the handle, which everyone would hate.

Tldr: /thread
>>
File: Team-5-Orange-Cross-reserve.jpg (62KB, 1000x993px) Image search: [Google]
Team-5-Orange-Cross-reserve.jpg
62KB, 1000x993px
>>1163677
>What is the "fastest" type of parachute design?
One that's already open.
Failing that, ram-air parafoils such as the typical "sport" parachute open very quickly, and normally use risers to slow down deployment of the parachute to avoid injuring the jumper with the shock of a high-speed deployment.
Failing that, reserve chutes are usually designed to deploy very quickly. Most of the designs I see have shrouds going to the middle of the chute (pic related), which makes sense because it holds the chute in a flatter geometry from the outset instead of furling out into an elongated sock before finally expanding out into a dome like a round chute usually does.

You might also want to consider a tailcone or fins like a badminton shuttlecock or the fins on the Panzerwurfmine. Both are very effective at orienting the projectile.
>>
File: yn.jpg (6KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
yn.jpg
6KB, 320x320px
>>1163677
>the shock absorbing bottom
Why is only the bottom shock-absorbing? If we're talking fast-deploying safety systems, air bags are a thing, and those could enclose the entire tool when deployed. Probably using less room than a parachute, too.

But stepping back further, why does the tool have to be allowed to fall in the first place? Speed-sensitive retractable safety lines are commonly used for humans working in high places, so why not such a line connecting the tool to the user's belt or an anchor?
>>
>>1163763
thank you so much for this post. I looked into a shuttlecock and panzerwurfmine too and I think that will lead me in the right direction.
>>
>>1164249
If we are talking about deploying cocks quickly, I know a few tips and tricks
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.