[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Gorilla lineup a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: 37400.jpg (21KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
37400.jpg
21KB, 225x225px
Is the Gorilla lineup a meme?
>>
the tape is pretty fucking good. never tried the glue
>>
I bought the glue for a project once [PROTIP: gluing on the cardboard backs on IKEA bookshelves rather than just tacking them on makes the whole assembly 10x stronger]

Then a couple months later when I dug through the junk pile to find it for another project, the whole bottle became rock hard.

Never bought that stuff again. Way too expensive. My gallon of wood glue is two years old and still like new.
>>
>>1163652
CA is moisture curing. Stick it in a ziploc bag with a pack of silica gel in the fridge at it'll last forever.
>>
>>1163653
Yeah no I'm not going to seal up my glue with silica, tossing it in the fridge saying five hail mary's to let it gas out in my food every time I get done using glue.
>>
>>1163659
Pussy

I work at a car dealship and that stuff has saved my ass so many times....

Don't know about the whole drying issue, i go through one of those small bottles like every 2 weeks.

Just make sure you put the cap back on.

The tape is better than any other brand out there.
>>
File: 1483924084884.png (607KB, 490x647px) Image search: [Google]
1483924084884.png
607KB, 490x647px
>>1163659
>>
>>1163652
When building Ikea furniture I like to add a bit of wood glue to the screw or bolt.
Gorilla tape is not a meme. Shit's good.
>>
>>1163639
Gorilla tape is good
Its on par with the heavy duty 3m duct tape. Stickier and thicker than cheap run of the mill duct tape

Their gorilla glue is a fucking joke, and their superglue is just regular old super glue
>>
>>1163662
What exactly do you use it on?
The way it foams up makes it weak on proper joints. If you need to fill up space and like the foaming up action, you are rigging shit up
>>
>>1163671
>Their gorilla glue is a fucking joke
sounds like someone doesnt know how to use it. Shit works best on porous surfaces, not smooth metal or plastic.
>>
>>1163694
>Shit works best on porous surfaces,

Like wood?
Cheap wood glue objectively outperforms Gorilla Glue on wood.

Go on and learn me, what kind of porous surface should I use it on, and how should I be using it?
>>
>>1163639
It works good for fixing shit with tape or glue. The super glue bottle is better than the crazy glue brand bottle. I actually had one last like 6 months and used half the bottle before i needed to use a pin for the last use before throwing it away.
>>1163737
Ceramics. That's probably it. Actually i glued the plastic eyes back on a stuffed animal for my daughter. So mug handles and stuffed animal eyeballs.
>>
>>1163639
The tape is to expensive to use like I need it.
>>
File: joint.jpg (2MB, 2095x3069px) Image search: [Google]
joint.jpg
2MB, 2095x3069px
>>1163639
people like the tape, I just get the 3m stuff for cheaper [free]

their wood glue, I forget what type its called, the stuff you have to wet down the wood before you apply it, then it foams as its curing, well its OKAY at best. I don't use it though because there are better options, run of the mill just gluing stuff, titebond 2 gallon, if it's structural titebond 3, if it needs to be structural and bomb proof, epoxy. if it needs to be structural, bomb proof, and sexy AF, all joinery.
>>
>>1163752
What book is that from?
>>
>>1163639
The branding is overdone but I have to admit their trademark PU glue will stick to fucking anything (I have yet to find anything else that will bond HDPE like it can) and is decently strong. Shit's a pain in the ass though, even messier than epoxy.

I don't buy their other products.
>>
>>1163639
The tape is good. The glue is foaming polyurethane, with all the associated caveats. Elmer's polyurethane foams less, and lasts indefinitely with just the cap on, so I prefer that for the rare occasions I use polyurethane glue. Haven't tried other stuff.
>>
>>1163748
I can buy a 3 pack of the tape for the same as 2 rolls of duct tape
>>
>>1163916
Where?
>>
>>1163737
Dunno about performance diff between Gorilla Glue and yellow glue but Gorilla Glue binds well to almost anything not made from plastic and I have pried apart wood joined with Gorilla Glue only to see the wood pull apart by the fibers while leaving the glue intact so it can't be that bad imho.
>>
>>1163938
Its not about it being "bad"
Its about titebond working as well or better, with no awful foam cleanup, while costing much less.

I have a bottle and reach for other stuff in pretty much every case.
Since I mostly use wood, I wood glue a lot of shit.
If its a repair on something I want done permanently I use epoxies
>>
>>1163737

Works great on stone/brick.
>>
>>1163931
Princess Auto(Canadian HF) it's like $10 for a 3 pack while regular old gray duct tape is usually like $6 a toll most places. it is possible that was a sale tho, i haven't needed to buy more yet so haven't looked for it again
>>
The wood glue Gorilla makes is pretty good. My bottle says type II wood glue, which I assume is basically the same as Titebond II judging by the description.
>>
>buying any other adhesive products besides 3M

top kek
>>
>>1163639
The glue is amazing.
>>
>>1164061
I've been doing some research, and PU glue is better than regular for two things, it is totally waterproof, and not some flavor of water resistant, and it cures completely inflexible. So it is preferred for glue ups of bent laminated strip furniture, or for things like canoes and boat work. Epoxy also works well for boat stuff, but it's a little messy and a huge pain unless you get a mess that has a long open time.

I'm going to do my glue up with tightbond wood glue though. It's not meant to support a heavy load, more for dynamic, so flexible glue wont creep like it would on a chair that's being sat in.
>>
>>1163761
A Masturbation Aide for Carpenters, by Johnson and Woods, circa 1988
>>
Is there anything more comfy than strolling through your local HF when you have an extra $20 bill in your pocket.
Then going home and going through your bags of random shit you thought you needed.
Then noticing its almost all worthless.
>>
>>1166135

God, yes. I should just direct deposit my paycheck to HF.
>>
>>1163659
Wow I didn't think they let 2 year olds who are too fucking stupid to understand how to properly handle craft supplies build things.

Maybe you should stop fucking crying you little baby shit and learn how to fucking store things properly. Eat shit and die.
>>
>>1166135
Sometimes harbor freight, but I do this a lot at Dollar Tree
Spend 15 bucks on stuff and realize that every single thing is trash youll throw away in a week or two.

Its still fun though
>>
>>1167561
>Being this mad over comments on the internet.
I can only imagine the anxiety you must have from knowing beyond the shadow of any doubt that you'll be dead at 40 from an aneurysm.
>>
Pretty sure you can get away with PVA, CA, and 5min epoxy for almost any task you'll ever have, and CA is only on the list because my epoxy went bad. I don't really get the point of Gorilla glue, and I can't say I've even heard of the rest of the brand's products.
>>
>>1163639
What's best for plastic, fellow building craft onanists?
>>
>>1168671
Depends what you're sticking it to.
>>
>>1166135
I do the same thing just to bump my dollar amount over Amazon's free shipping minimum. No Prime because Canada, the version we get of Prime is not worthwhile.
>>
>>1163752
Huh... that pic is very interesting. I think i have overlooked the mock finger joint as an easy and strong way to do boxes.
>>
>>1168636
>replying to posts on 4chan
Wow you must really be a huge piece of shit
>>
>>1163737
>Go on and learn me,
You would be surprised at how many people don't realize GG is activated by water, and that you are supposed to dampen both pieces of whatever you are gluing.
>>
Personally, I think the price is a result of the extra money spent on putting some marketing intern in a gorilla suit and making commercials. Anything they make -if used properly- will probably do what it's supposed to. But, will it glue more or glue better than it's competitors if also used properly (right product/application)? Probably not. You wouldn't know unless it fails but anyway, so you're paying that extra money for some imaginary idea that your joint is more sturdy because of the gorilla glue when knowing what the fuck you're doing is 99% of the reason your project will be successful.
>>
Nobody posted it yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUWu-N85oXM
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.