[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nutribullet Repair

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: 20170418_203055.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170418_203055.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
/diy/, am I being retarded?

I'm in the middle of fixing the blade assembly and I can't seem to get the bearings off this thing no matter what I try. Prying/chiselling has literally no effect. Am I doing it wrong? Is there something I should be doing?

Don't care all that much about the old bearings much, so any rough solution might work as long as it doesn't damage anything else.
>>
They're part of the plastic? Not a press fit but part of the mold.
>>
>>1163302
So how'd this guy do it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5sdbilM2RY
>>
looks like a bushing is moulded onto the plastic, but the bearing a separate part.

I'd suggest hydraulic but the plastic will probably break before the bearing comes loose.
>>
>>1163310
Which is what I would like to avoid lol
I've seen it removed with a few taps of a screwdriver, I've already bent 2 cheap flatheads. So it's stuck in, but idk... it *might* be possible.
>>
Do you have access to the other side?
>>
>>1163318
Yep.
>>
>>1163319
Get a large bolt that fits in the bearing but is smaller than the bushing and give it a few firm taps. This isn't rocket science.
>>
>>1163324
I've tried brute force but just for you anon I'll do it again.
>>
>>1163325
The bearing is a press fit so your only option is firm tapping. Prying with a screwdriver ain't gonna do shit.
>>
>>1163324
if op has a socket set, put one that is just as big as the brass bushing but smaller than the bearing underneath where op is tapping
>>
File: 20170418_224826.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170418_224826.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>1163327
It just so happens I do
>>
>>1163327
>smaller
>>1163331
*larger oops
>>
File: 20170418_231502.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170418_231502.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Op here
No luck but imma keep going with the socket set thing, although it's not working as well cause I'm tapping on this side...
>>
File: see the relationships.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
see the relationships.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
The bearing, IF it comes out, can only come out if tapped from the opposite side.

One way to press them out is to fine a suitable bolt, nut and flat washers and use a socket or short hunk of pipe/tubing which fits OVER

>>1163344

and with which you apply force to the other side.

THE SPLINED INSERT IS NOT TO BE REMOVE OR YOU'LL SCRAP THE WHOLE PART.

You need to take your time and ensure even pressure.

No guarantees, but your odds are better this way. Either the bearing will come out or it has a locking collar and will not.

Good pics by the way! That's the way to document a problem.
>>
>>1163344
Dude there are so many videos on youtube on how to remove the bearings. Stick a screwdriver on this side and tap away.
>>
pretty sure there a dyna bolt small enough to fit into that to help you get some grip, shit get a snug fit bolt and jut glue the bastard, wait a day and try to slowly pull it out then.
>>
Use a vice instead of a hammer, less chance of something breaking.
>>
>>1163360
Thanks anon, I'll take your advice.
>>
>>1163375
I don't have one handy, it's broken and is currently sitting in my shed
Guess I deserve it since I bought a shit one.
>>
File: 20170419_001215.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170419_001215.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>1163363
And look what happened when I did just that...
>>
>>1163381
I'm sorry your screwdriver is shit. Also it looks like the bearings are rusted to hell, may explain why they're stuck.
>>
>>1163398
Nah it wasn't shit, I was being impatient and wrecked it in an attempt to get it off quicker. And yeah they're rusted really badly. The other one I was using was even worse, there was a layer of rust caked on the bottom.
>>
>>1163381
looks like it's time for a pilot bearing puller, or a blind bearing slide hammer

don't forget to apply gentle heat, the brass insert will expand much faster than the steel bearing race. boiled water or a hairdryer should be safe on plastic.
>>
>>1163429
Huh. Didn't think that.
I'll look for it at the hardware store when I go next, thanks anon.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w62c4NQDwP0 AvE gots yer back
>>
>>1163514
ty anon~
>>
>>1163381
well, this was never going to work

do this and only this >>1163360

put something on it that will loosen any corrosion
it does not appear to be locked in place by a clip

dont fuck with the brass insert

if you are so inclined as to need a hammer, do a series of light taps all around the diameter in a star pattern and use finesse
>>
>>1163299

I know it's not the /diy/ way, but have you checked if you can just buy the whole part new? A lot of the time I spend to much time fighting with a thing I find out later I could have replaced it for $15 bucks and saved three hours.
>>
>>1163552
The bearings are bad to begin with and I've ordered new ones that should hold up much better.
The idea is to fix a problem that will keep happening, I guess.
>>
>>1163381
Fine. Get your grinder out, re edge that pos, and try again. It's already trash.

Also get a bigger hammer. Seriously, carpenter hammer only go so far... 3# engineering sledge should be something in your toolbox. Makes this work much easier.
>>
>>1163714
... or get a proper set of chisels.
>>
Bumping cause update:
Gave up on tapping so gonna try the greasy rag/bread trick.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.