[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A-Salt-Rifle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: a-christmas-story-bb-gun.jpg (174KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
a-christmas-story-bb-gun.jpg
174KB, 1000x563px
Not so much diy as awesome discovery and i am interested in what /diy can find or has made. NB4 personal army. I have tried google and do not require dick. Just that this is a slow board and its misquitoe season. Plus i have never seen a thread like this so...

>buy $25 red ryder bb gun from walmart
>buy table salt at sub $0.50 for a container
>put a piece of tape over the slit on top of barrel near rear sight
>pour salt into side tube where you fill with bb's
>cock it and shoot bugs.

Congrats. You have now made a superior product to those plastic guns that shoot table salt at bugs.

My bro got one for $60 on amazon. Lots of fun and useful. He put a self taping screw in that bullshit saftey lock thing so u can cock and shoot non stop. $60. I have the money but diy me decides there is a modded nerf gun following and i could do better cheaper. So i set about the forums and gathered anything at my house i thought would work.

Things we have tried.

>blowgun. Didnt really work.
>scoped break over pelican air rifle. You need a screen of sorts to keep salt out of the chamber and its hard to fill. Hurts some to get hit by but hard to use as it seems to powder the salt. Gonna try a sink faucet screen and sea salt soon...
>just found old school spring loaded bb pistol that also shoots the darts. Gonna try it.

To date the best tool thus far is the red ryder as it has a large capacity and you just cock and fire away. Pretty easy to load and cheap.

Going in a few days shopping for either a co2 powered paintball gun or air rifle.

Keep in mind salt and most metals hate each other so proper care is needed if you dont have expendable income. I am not rich by any means but we drink beer on friday night in the shop and this has been a fun project.

Feel free to try your own methods and report back.

Seriously considering loading table salt into 12 guage shells.
>>
File: tmp_10016_OaHh71X_1107220785.jpg (82KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10016_OaHh71X_1107220785.jpg
82KB, 540x960px
>>1162493
>Seriously considering loading table salt into 12 guage shells.

Pretty sure that farmers already do this to fire at kids in the cow pasture picking mushrooms.
>>
File: BTFO.webm (562KB, 758x308px) Image search: [Google]
BTFO.webm
562KB, 758x308px
>>1162493
Bug-A-Salt does this (pic.)
>>
>>1162497
>tall tales about rock salt shotgun loads
>>
File: Mosquito killed by a Laser.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mosquito killed by a Laser.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>1162498
Also:

Skip to 9:35 for laser stuff.
https://www.ted.com/talks/nathan_myhrvold_could_this_laser_zap_malaria
>>
>>1162493
Whatever you do stop destroying your break barrel airgun. They are not meant to be dry fired and you probably already burned out your seals with this retardation.

The red ryder idea seems okayish though
>>
>>1162497
I think they wrap the salt in cigarette papers too to create little pellets.
>>
>>1162502
Oh my god I fucking need this so bad. Mosquitoes get so horrific here they'll drain a pint of blood in 10 minutes and carry away your dog. That shit would be like a Vulcan phalanx if I put it my front yard just BRRRRTing down hundreds of mosquitoes all day.
>>
>>1162750
its neat but fuck Nathan myhrvold
>>
>>1162497
Lol, they use rock salt and 410 tho.
>>
>>1162498
Thats the gun that started these shenanigans.
>>
>>1162502
Affrica be dammed i want laser defense.
>>
>>1162719
We only shot it a few times and then i ran 20 bbs through it and oiled it but thanks for the info. Didnt know dry fire mattered.
>>
>>1162750
Yes. Im fucking building or buying this. I would pay thousands to enjoy my back yard. Between all the OFF and candles and shit i probably already do.
>>
>>1162502
>but anon, you don't NEED home defense lasers
>>
>>1163027
I dont NEED a fucking lambo either but i want 1
>>
>>1162750
Put out hummingbird feeders.
The sugar water in the feeders is just fuel for them to have energy to hunt their main diet- small flying insects.
After a couple years you'll have your own colony that returns every spring.
>>
>>1164334
Humming bird feeders confirmed. Buying all i can find and covering my yard. Thanks
>>
>>1164334
Good information. Also planting flowers that attract hummingbirds is good too.
>>
>>1164505
Cant garden for dick but i will try. Ty.
>>
>>1164334
No hummingbirds here. Seriously considering dumping spare money and a vacation into getting a laser turret against the bloodsucking fucks.

Any idea how to get a mirror to swivel precise enough to hit a flying mosquito?
>>
>>1164627
I dont know anon but if i could get all bugs like moth and wasps this would be money. Id give my left nut to not see a misquito this year.

I have resorted to building my own torch stands from jink and jager bottles and buying wicks.

The fucjing $10 bottle of citronella candle shit is 98% mineral oil. I thibk u can buy citrinella. I may even ve mixing my own fucking oil soon so i can have a yard full of candles.

Blood sucking cucks. Gimme back my fucking yard
>>
>>1162750
Just get an old school bug zapper, or a bunch of bats.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.