[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Preserving a cigarette pack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

File: s-l1600.jpg (140KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
140KB, 1600x1200px
Hello guys,
I am a /fa/shion fan and from time to time I also enjoy a cigarette. Now here in Germany (in fact most of Europe) cigarette packs have huge gore pictures all around them. I know smoking is dangerous but I really don't care and I would much rather have a nice looking case. However I don't want to use an enclosure for my cigarettes that is not a cigarette pack.

I have the chance to buy this (full) cigarette pack from a french designer I like for only 10€, I don't want to smoke them since they are many years old but I want to use it as a case for my cigarettes because I really like the aesthetic. Essentially I just want to put my cigarettes inside of it. The problem is that it's cardboard and probably wouldn't last long.

What can I do to make this pack waterproof, avoid creasing etc.?
Would it even be possible to make it a bit wider so I could just slide a normal cigarette pack with the flap removed inside of it? After all, these are the extra long cigarettes while I only smoke the regular short ones.

Any help is appreciated.
>>
Bei uns gibt es jetzt an der Tanke so Bilder die man drüberkleben kann mit witzigen Sprüchen
>>
File: raucher-102~_v-gseapremiumxl.jpg (67KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
raucher-102~_v-gseapremiumxl.jpg
67KB, 704x396px
>>1162292
Sieht dann aber immer noch kacke aus
>>
Dann würde ich dir zu einem Etui für Zigarreten raten sieht nicht nur schick aus hält auch ewig. 2-3€ und Stress gespart
>>
I looked up the gore packaging rules you're on about anon, good lord.
The more I learn about Europe, the more I never want to go there. It sounds like some sort of creepy thought policing hell. The EU scares the shit out of me. I'm not even an American.

Clear polyurethane varnish might be the solution to your question. It will fill in all the pores and make it waterproof and tougher.
>>
>>1162298
it's absolutely pointless, any 10 year old child knows smoking can kill you, after all they had the warning texts on the packs since like forever. the pictures really are annoying.

thanks for your recommendation, i am worried that the liquid varnish might soften up the paper too much or remove the ink but I will try it anyways once the pack arrives (i just bought it). would normal spray can clear coat work too? i already have lots of that.
>>
>>1162298
Well, it's a trend originating in the Anglosphere. Please cry about them first.
>>
>>1162300
It's always bugged me the way everyone gangs up to pick on smokers, how people who do it have slowly been edged out of all the places they used to be able to do it, and have come to be universally hated. I don't smoke, but I love the smell of cigarettes and when I'm in a western country in a restaurant or hotel or something, it just isn't the same without a bit of smoke in the air.

As for varnish, people use it to waterproof cardboard boats, so it will be fine to the cardboard. But yeah, it probably would destroy the ink. A thin layer of wax, followed by varnish might work. Go to a plastic model shop, I bet they will know what to do.
>>
File: smoking_trend_1948_mf.png (9KB, 650x460px) Image search: [Google]
smoking_trend_1948_mf.png
9KB, 650x460px
>>1162300
Reducing smoking is a sloooow process.

Make a sheet metal box and put it inside the cardboard pack before lacquering it?
>>
>>1162312
I'm not fond of any extremists, militant antismokers included, but good riddance to smoking in restaurants. That was just disgusting and disrespectful.
>>
>>1162298
>>1162300
It seems like it actually is an effective way to reduce smoking. Smoking has such a impact on the health of smokers. This has a price tag which isn't covered by the taxes collected from smokers so it's just sane politics to try to reduce smoking. I smoke cigarettes when having beer. I did smoke before but thankfully quit.

>>1162321
When I was working in Thailand I did smoke in restaurants but they had no walls so it was cool. When I came back here to the polar circle and stepped in a bar where everyone smoked it was disgusting. I am also happy that smoking in bars is gone.

I don't know if it is feasible but maybe some pressure treatment with some hardcore material like epoxy? I have a buddy who has some soft of pressure chamber, maybe you might also? Or open it up flat and create a sheet metal casing and then glue the pack on top of this metal? It sure is a lot of work and success isn't guaranteed.
>>
>>1162288
Why not get a cigarette case?
>>
>>1162329
This. I think they're aesthetic enough, you can probably find nice ones even.
>>
>>1162298
The rules have gone even more extreme now ,all packaging has to be plain which means no branding or anything
>>
>>1162288

carefully cut it so you can flatten it out
make a high quality scan
print it out on card stock
cut it out
fold back into a case
>>
kek there's YSL cigarettes? Just get a scarf mate
>>
>>1162288
I roll my own smokes here in the US with a "topomatic" tube filling machine.

Cigarettes are taxed like nothing else, the majority of the cost of a pack of smokes here is fucking tax, and I hate fucking taxes. So i can circumvent this by buying tubes ($2.00/200) and a bag of "pipe" tobacco. The tobacco companies have discovered they can also circumvent the law by labeling their cigarette tobacco as pipe tobacco and wholesaling it. A bag of tobacco costs $4.79 to fill 200 cigarettes. So at the end of the day I'm looking at a $7.00 carton of cigarettes plus my time to roll them.

Anyways, back to your problem OP, I have a similar problem in that I never have packs for my cigs. I have a few old tins from when Camel made tinned cigarettes that I use but I also have friends that just give me their empty packs, and I use those until they're destroyed. Why not just find someone in the US or somewhere to save and ship their empty packs to you? They will hold ~20 cigs too.
>>
Why not just make or get an actual cigarette case? Seems to me like it'd be more /fa/ anyway.
>>
fucking pussy if you cant deal ith the smoking gore you are only deluding your self

probably one of those pussies who asks for less gorey packs too
>>
>>1163064
Of course I can deal with the gore, I just want to create a nice looking enclosure because there are nicer things to look at.
You don't have pictures of your mothers pussy on your bedroom walls, do you?

To anyone recommending to just buy a cigarette case, i appreciate the recommendation but I'd much rather do my YSL pack project. I can't tell you any reason why, but I don't like those metal cases.
>>
>>1163066
I don't understand this? Are you taking your pack deliberately out for display or are you hoping people will notice? Because when you whip out a fag, you just put your pack in your pocket as a reflex. You could leave it on the table but that a sure way of being bummed one by bums; even then, do you really take a look at what people at packs on a table, especially one which at the only quick glance I'll be throwing at it, looks like Marlboro lights? Even then I'd be like, what are you smoking fella, then you'll be like 'oh it's a 80s pack I bought online', I'll be all 'cool man' but really ill be telling myself 'lol faggot'. If I were a homo I'd like though. I figure they're interested in feminine shit, not sure though, not gay. I mean maybe if the design was something cool like Nascar cars or some other brand actually worth might time. I mean, homosexuals in the 80s or whatever year it came out in, probably thought YSL branded cigarettes were a shit and odd marketing plan, and a little gay to be quite frank, and I would know I've sucked threesomes. Good luck though man, really cool stuff.
>>
>hey I want to smoke but I don't want to be reminded that it's killing me and everyone around me
what a shit board this is
>>
>>1163073
I get what you mean, but it's really just for myself. I'm not gay, I can tell for sure because I actually did try sucking some dick before.
I also get how these are very feminine cigarettes, since only women would buy what's probably rebranded cigarettes for a much higher price. After all these are also the extra long ones (in my country known as Nuttenstängel, hooker stems).
However I don't really put in any effort in trying to be masculine anyways. I'm not trying to say I'm androgynous or anything like that, I just really don't care and I happen to have a few feminine interests.
>>
>>1163076
I worked as a C.O. in a high security prison for 8 years and that's still the gayest thing I've ever heard.
>>
>>1163084
as i said, i actually am suprised that i'm actually not gay.
>>
I used to to archival preservation of documents, I can help you, but first I need a picture of the fedora I know you have
>>
File: side_view.jpg (53KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
side_view.jpg
53KB, 1000x1000px
>>1163098
no fedora. i own this hat though
>>
>>1163066
thats a shit example
>>
>>1163112
>Health Canada
not europe dumbfuck
>>
>>1163260
Canada is pretty much Yuropooria at this point.
>>
File: export.jpg (40KB, 503x366px) Image search: [Google]
export.jpg
40KB, 503x366px
>>1163260
not shit asshole, but its obvious we have to deal with the same style of packs

and we have the same faggots here who say shit like "dont give me the teeth pack" , in convince stores they sell paper sleeves that go over cig packs for pussybabies who delude themselves
>>
>>1163007
Not OP, but I wonder about a wooden fag case.
Metal box as the interior with thin wood on the exterior.
>>
File: 040809_MP_02--350x311.jpg (34KB, 350x311px) Image search: [Google]
040809_MP_02--350x311.jpg
34KB, 350x311px
On /Po/ people cover their papercraft in Modge Podge
>>
Want to hear more about EU shitty laws? You can't sell aromatised tobacco anymore. My friend uses to roll her own cigs with this sweet smelling cherry tobacco and now it's banned. Apparently it was making people think that it's some sort of healthier lite version since it didn't smell as bad and we don't want people cancering themselves by accident, do we?
>>
>>1163814
How about this one.
I know of a girl who got a serious fine for making and selling soap that "looked edible"
>>
File: 1457287276097.gif (2MB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
1457287276097.gif
2MB, 384x216px
>>1162288
Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance. —Sam Brown
>>
>>1162288
>Disassemble box (i.e. open glue spots) so it's a flat piece of cardboard again
>laminate
>put back together

Possibly with modifying the laminate along the creases. Like, make a small cut or something.
And while you're at it, scan it while it's flat, so you can reproduce it, should the need arise.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamination
You can find these things for 10 bucks used.
>>
>>1163814
they just banned fucking menthol in Ontario
because wont someone think of the children
>>
File: doomrodge.jpg (59KB, 800x513px) Image search: [Google]
doomrodge.jpg
59KB, 800x513px
>>1163822
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.