[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bed Bugs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I am a student living in an apartment on my university campus. There are two floors, with three students living on each floor, and the entire downstairs is overrun with bed bugs. It's fucking disgusting. The university has already called a fumigator in twice, but clearly their methods are ineffective because you can SEE THE FUCKING BUGS CRAWLING ALL OVER ONE OF THE MATTRESSES UGH.

The two dudes that used to sleep in that room hardly keep anything in there anymore, and we've more or less quarantined the entire carpeted floor. One of them lives in a closet under the stairs like Harry Potter. The other sleeps on the couch, and neither complain. I want to take the matter into my own hands. The whole situation is very sad.

DIY Pesticide. Are there any chemicals, legal or illegal, that I should try out? If I go down there, should I burn my clothes afterwards? Is there a safe way to fumigate? My budget is like, $100 max.
>>
>>1162250
bed bugs thread are a usual customer here, the solution is always nuke the place with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous_earth
>>
>>1162250
A place with bedbugs is considered uninhabitable in some states. Look into renters laws and see if you are entitled to have your past rent refunded, and gtfo out of there obligation free
>>
They are coming from a trashy/filthy area somewhere in the building.

I was living in my apt for maybe 2-3 months and found them. Went through paranoid hell for another 2 months until I saw the next door neighbor had left their place. When I looked in, trash and food scraps everywhere, just disgusting. I know there's more to it than just that, but once that apt was cleaned out and disinfected, my issue went away.

I did get DEarth and other solutions, but it really wasn't until that shitthole was cleaned, did my problem go away.
>>
>>1162250
Clothes are tricky...you should be able to see them and get them cleaned by a cleaner in town. Many cleaners offer services for that, look into what works for your budget.

Other than that, you can have a bed bug exterminator come in, but it's their eggs that are the real problem and those need to be burned at a high temperature, since they are basically indestructible any other way.

If you get any sprays, find dark concealed places since that's where they tend to hide. I had two in my work bag and they bit me when I reached into it...check everything and everywhere!
>>
>>1162252
Thanks I'll grab some.

>>1162257
This will be my first time at a small claims court. Exciting.

>>1162265
Absolutely a factor here. I'm living with 5 other guys and pretty sure I'm the only one who knows where the mop is. No one else in this house cleans. I think we haven't seen any bedbugs upstairs because I frantically clean before the bae visits. Since the entrance is on the second floor I hardly go downstairs and it the filth down there didn't seem like my problem until now. (The bathroom is a whole other petri dish)

>>1162266
I sat on the ant-farm-tier mattress by accident once, got bit immediately, and threw away those pants.
>>
>>1162267
DE will give you cancer
>>
I think that I have bed bugs but I really do not know for sure as sometimes I feel like I'm hallucinating them. What is the best way to know for sure? I'm not sure if I just have normal mosquito bites or if they are bed bug bites. Anything I can do to make them come out of hiding?
>>
Bed bugs will fuck everything up. They are resistant to all currently available pesticides which makes them one of the hardest infestations to eliminate.

Heat is effective but not always an option. Often you will need to discard your mattress and pillows, then do 3 or more applications of commercial pesticide plus diatomaceous earth to completely eliminate them.

Seriously, treat them like fucking super aids. Do not let them follow you to a new location or spread to friends/family. You cannot bring any possessions to a new location without heat treat, and should even be careful about the clothes you are wearing at the time.

Small numbers of bedbugs are hard to spot but their droppings are very obvious if you examine your mattress and its covering.
>>
>>1162687
The usual pattern for bedbug bites is if you have two or three going in a straight line - the bugs bite you as they crawl. If you see something like that, it's not mosquitoes.
>>
I used to work for a company that specializes in bed bugs extermination. We never used any chemicals because DEET doesnt kill bed bugs. What we had to do was bring in large heaters into a house or apartment and heat it up to around 150 degrees (Fahrenheit) for around 6 hours. It was very effective but quite expensive
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.