[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking to make a full face mask/ helmet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: scions.png (2MB, 878x878px) Image search: [Google]
scions.png
2MB, 878x878px
I'm interested in building a mask/ helmet like that of a tempestus scion but don't know how to go about buying and getting the materials.

Any advice would be appreciated thanks.
>>
>>1161835
is there any video game that has a 3D model of these guys? if you can get a digital model, its pretty easy to do via pepakura or maybe even a 3D printer.

just takes a bit of finish work with all the sanding/filler.
>>
File: il_570xN.659816536_gl27.jpg (20KB, 326x579px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.659816536_gl27.jpg
20KB, 326x579px
>>1161837
>if you can get a digital model
I'd be surprised if there's one available, but honestly learning blender isn't that difficult.

OP I made several Chaos Space Marine helmets by actually building them in blender, and importing them into pepakura designer. The results were great. You have a paper structure of your 3D model (use good thick paper for this), which you then strengthen using fibreglass and bondo (car body filler). It's really not difficult at all, just takes a little time.

In fact, this is one of my designs that some guy finished and put on etsy.
>>
>>1161846

That's really cool stuff. I don't know if I can pick up blender skills just like that. But I guess I could research papercraft more thoroughly. I've seen plenty of Space Marine helmets but nothing for the Scions as of yet, I guess being a newer faction limits the range in the fandom.
>>
Start with a bike helmet and sculpt around it, maybe? Cast that up?
>>
>>1161835
you could grab yourself a cheap gas mask that comes to that sort of point in the front, or is at least similar. Then bondo it or whatever to the shape you want, and replace the eye lenses with whatever you want or tint them if you can I guess. Attach that to a helmet (which you'd also have to make) and you'd have something that should look pretty cool
>>
>>>/cgl/ will be able to help you here.

Use the help thread. DO NOT make a new thread for it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.