[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Headphone cables

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: cheap_ad700_b.jpg (55KB, 650x407px) Image search: [Google]
cheap_ad700_b.jpg
55KB, 650x407px
My headphone cable has hardened to the point of being as stiff as a brick, so I want to replace it with something a little better.

Is there no cheap locking jack and socket system I can buy? Screw on or whatever, I'm just having no luck finding this kind of thing. I want to put either a 2.5 or 3.5mm jack inside the headphone cup, and then just run a replaceable cable to it so I can make a new one in 2 years when it stiffens again.

I live in the UK, so most of the American resources are out of reach for me. All I want is something solid and sturdy, and ideally not too bulky. Mini-XLR looked good, but it's just too big to fit in the available space.
>>
>>1161676
why not just solder on a 3.5mm hole into the headphone

if you dont know how to google you can try bing.com, and i dont know what the fuck you are doing if you can't find 3.5mm jacks
>>
>>1161677
I forget to mention, I'm looking for a 4 pole connector. I can find some dubious 3 pole connectors with locks that might go together, but I can't find any TRRS ones.
>>
>>1161679
/diy/ is not your personal google assistant

seriously it is on google, try harder
>>
>>1161683
Christ, this guy's an asshole. Can't help you op but have a bump instead of this guy bring a faggot.
>>
Take socket from dead cellphone and jack from cheap cellphine headphones
>>
On your headset fix the cell socket with epoxi putty
>>
>>1161676
Just get a silicone cable with a braid
>>
File: 1.jpg (189KB, 642x1222px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
189KB, 642x1222px
It's hard to find a good cable (at least where I'm from). I gave up on it being thin after a few tries and went for looking nice and being reliable because cables kept dying on me.
If you go that route you can get a good reliable one for quite cheap.
Get a a few meters of paracord (there are hundreds of styles), pull the white strings out and replace them with cables. I found that into the cheap ebay (probably fake) paracord 5 24AWG (0.2mm^2) wires fit perfectly. I went for 5 because it's for separate mic and speaker jacks on the motherboard.

Yes, picture was taken with a shitty camera, nothing i can do about it.
>>
File: 2.jpg (271KB, 1491x1263px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
271KB, 1491x1263px
>>1162162
continued

As for the connector between the cable and the headset, i've been using the ones in the picture for years and they are amazing for their price (about 1 buck per piece on ebay). Stainless steel on the outside, very sturdy, the plastic inside seems to be some resin, it's hard as fuck. Easy to solder onto, has good enough electrical contact for anything I used it for

The ones in the picture are too big obviously but there are smaller sizes of the same thing.
Look for 4 pin chassis connector on ebay.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.