[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: A000005-Arduino-Nano-2tri.jpg (28KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
A000005-Arduino-Nano-2tri.jpg
28KB, 600x450px
Im getting this from china next week from a very good website called BANGGOOD.com (xD) Does anyone have a clone of the original and what problems did you face?
>>
>>1161284
XDDD Idk mango bro!!1!
Banggood is funneh! Teh lolz >Xp
>>
>>1161284
I bought a nano copy for about 3$, it works great, no problems whatsoever.
>>
>>1161284
I'd recommend the micro if your project works with it, it can work as an USB HID as well.

No problems with nano or micro clones.
>>
>>1161284
I bought nano clone, It works fine. Only one resistor was missing so it couldn't make serial connection to USB. But it was easy to fix
>>
I've got uno from a friend, fried A0 port, replacing MCU helped. No other problems were found.
>>
It will probably have the CH340 USB to serial interface. And you will have to install the driver for it seperately from the Arduino distribution. Otherwise they are fine.
>>
Does anyone actually buy the legit copies of these? Why would you pay $20+ for a micro controller when you can get it for around $3 from china
>>
>>1161748
>Why
FTDI went medieval on Chinese clones. Contrabande buyers were much hurt and are still sitting on scooter tires.
>>
>>1161712
Only true for Windows I thought. I know most Linux distros ship with the driver by default, and I thought it was the same for OSX, but it's been a while since I've used that daily.
>>
>>1161748
Getting support, and supporting the designers. Also, consistent builds and build quality.

Also the FTDI thing, already mentioned by another poster, when they went all asshole and released a driver that blocked pcs with official drivers from using to clones of their chips. I will point out though, after they did this there was a whole lot more traction on all the other USB serial chips out there. They're every bit as good as the knockoff FTDIs, while being cheaper.
>>
>>1161284
>mini usb
>>
>>1161776
Much more mechanically robust than micro. I prefer it.
>>
>>1161712
>>1161758
>>1161764

This is true for Windows 7, but I tried plugging one of these in to a recently formatted windows 10 box and had no problems. It may have gone out and downloaded the driver automatically, or maybe it was already on there, but either way it was seamless to me.

Source: I've used dozens of these China Nanos with little to no problems.
>>
>>1161764
>Also the FTDI thing
There was very little else they could have done as those in the supply chain didn't care much.

Of course the could have gone feudal as a Japanese company did with exploding capacitors when Chinese stole a trap.
>>
Mine caught on fire after powering it from a large 6 volt Exit sign battery on the second or third test. My question is still, what did I do wrong? If it's too much current what should I have done so I could have used that battery? Put a shit ton of resistors in series maybe?
>>
>>1162283
Did you plug the 6 volts in to the 5 volt pin? Then you did it wrong because all of the ttl logic is experiencing overvoltage conditions.

Did you plug 6 volts in to the Vin pin? Then you did it wrong, since Vin needs atleast 6.5 volts min in order to regulate it down to 5v.

Current isn't the issue since the nano will only draw as much as it needs. If you really want to run it using lantern batteries, just get two of them, wire them in series to get 12 volts, then apply that to the Vin pin. Two big batteries like that should be able to run your nano for months or years.

Also, are you sure it was the battery that killed it and not some other short circuit in your wiring?
>>
Yea I don't remember but now that I know it's not current problem I can probably try it again with a volt divider and or experiment with different batteries.

Hell I'll even put in a volt regulator now that I know this info.

Thanks
>>
>>1162324
5 AA or C batteries in series (7.5v total) on Vin should do it. A 6V lantern battery and a 5.1v zener diode applied on the 5V pin will also do it. There is a 5 volt regulator on the Vin input that takes anything between 6.5 and 18 volts and regulates it to 5v. If you want to use your own regulator or happen to have a stable 5v source somewhere in the rest of your circuitry then you can apply that to the 5v pin with no problems.

In my experience, if you really need exactly 5v for the rest of your logic circuitry, you are better off with your own regulator, as the one built in to the nano actually outputs more like 4.7-4.8V.
>>
I have bought like 10 of those Nanos from Banggood, they all work great but one was missing the USB to serial converter chip
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.