[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wireless camera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: k4qxBXz[1].png (112KB, 482x478px) Image search: [Google]
k4qxBXz[1].png
112KB, 482x478px
I'm planning to install a camera on my apartment (It was robbed, they took money and a computer), I'm moving out soon and will take the camera system with me. The official police is useless, but I have the cops personal contacts and they asked that any info I get on crimes could be sent to them because they know most criminals here by face.

I'm planning to buy pic related, which is a wireless camera that can be controled using my cellphone. But I have an issue, I need to make the camera record only when movement happens and send that file into a hosting service. (I'm thinking of a google drive but idk). Why I need that? Because the only valuabl thing in my apartment will be the computer which the camera is connected too. Can anyone shed some advice on how to do this?
>>
Buy a decent camera you cheap fuck.

Maybe one with a DVR and cloud storage for when you don't secure or hide the DVR.

Also more then 1 channel
>>
>>1160815
This. Nanny cams are not designed for your needs. Most are shit quality and just have basic "idiot proof" features.

If you are serious about having useful surveillance, get a standalone recorder and decent cameras to cover the key areas. It would be better to get wider angled cameras that can cover a whole room than motion tracking ones, which are usually big and expensive. I'd also recommend getting the highest picture quality cameras you can afford, don't bother with anything less than 1080p or 1.3 megapixels. I'd recommend IP cameras and recorders, analog technology is slowly being phased out.

Seems like you are only going to be indoors, but if the camera faces a bright window, the contrast from the outside light can cause some cheaper cameras to have problems keeping a useful light balance, some cameras come with advanced chips to balance contrast for such situations, but they are a bit pricier. Worth noting though, could make your camera useless otherwise, and thus a complete waste of money during daytime. At night this usually isn't a problem unless bright lights shine directly in to the camera. Alternatively you can just set it up so that no direct light shines in it, but some burglars know this and can effectively disable the camera by shining a flashlight in to it.

Most modern CCTV recorders also supports "white-out" alarms(along with motion detection and tampering), so if something like a flashlight or spraypaint is used to disable the camera, at least an alarm will be triggered.

Also check your local laws on the image quality standards for using surveillance footage in court. Cameras can help track down suspects, but the footage itself might not be of a high enough quality to count as legal evidence for conviction in court.

Alternatively, you could just make it look like you have cameras, which can deter burglars. Just get some cheap dome lookalikes with LEDs in them and place them where they are visible to any prospecting burglars.
>>
>>1160794
Lets rig this shit up.

1. Remote alarms with motion detection. These are just motion detectors with alarms that are controlled with a small remote that can go on your key chain. This will also piss off people living in the apartment.

2. Camera system. Get something good, not cheap shit, and buy more then one. You want to see their face, not pixels. You can buy a system with a DVR for a few $100.

/diy/ cred: Use a few good web cams, a small dev board (raspberry pi for example), and a battery back up system (APC on that you can buy at walmart is fine). Add a USB HDD for video storage, but also setup a cloud backup too.

3. Video Storage. Have your video files saved to a cloud. If niggers steal your DVR or computer, there goes your videos. You can have a cloud app setup to only copy the folder with the videos and set it to back up every so often based on the time frame you want.

4. Always keep a light on or a TV. This can help deter thieves. Fake cameras not as much because if you know what to look for on them (most of them are the same) then they will know it is fake.

5. Get a dog. Depending on your apartment, see what breeds you can have. But if it barks too much, people will have a bitch fit.

To lazy for this? Then just buy a canary. Its almost everything but you pay a monthly fee. Too cheap? Then do something else.

When I was living in a house with a roommate years ago, I notice my cigarette packs were open and missing a few. The fat ass's boyfriend was stealing one or two here and there. Also shit was moved a round. I hooked up a webcam to my PC and set it up to take pictures when there was movement. Had a lot of pictures of them in my room dicking around. But on problem I had was that it you take pictures at random ass time.
>>
>>1160834
Man, it's a 70m^2 apartment with 2 rooms and a kitchen, not a bank vault. I can't "make it look like it has cameras" because it's an apartment on the third floor (What would I do, glue a fake camera on the front door?) . Some idiot forgot to close the front door properly and crackheads broke in two apartment with crowbars and pliers.
>>1160860
>dog
I wish, I spend my whole day /out/ and I won't be cruel with a dog to leave him alone most of the time because of security.
>cloud storage
That's the point of the question. My plan is to buy OP's pic (20 dollars, 720p, wifi). But I don't now how to make it record and save to cloud when it detects movement.
>tv
Now when I leave I let my Baofeng on some random station on medium volume.
>>
>>1160869
>Also check your local laws on the image quality standards for using surveillance footage in court. Cameras can help track down suspects, but the footage itself might not be of a high enough quality to count as legal evidence for conviction in court.
Also literally nobody cares, the cop gave his whatsapp because he knows most burglars and will just beat the shit out of him. (The investigation branch of the police here is worthless)
>>
File: balbab.jpg (148KB, 966x888px) Image search: [Google]
balbab.jpg
148KB, 966x888px
>>1160873
>>1160873
>>1160869
I'm planning on buying pic related. It has infrared, wifi connection, can record in a SD card. What I need is a way to just snap a pic when it detects someone and shove it on the cloud, because if the burglar has half a brain he would cover his face or take down the camera. (It would probably be next to my table facing the apartment door)
>>
>>1160876
Cheap WiFi cameras wont have all the features you want. But most of them do ran a light weight linux distro that is stripped down. Maybe you can hack it to do what you want.

Easy way is to use a webcam, a low power pc, and set up a cloud account that will make back up of your webcams save folder every so often.

Also, computers do have a metal loop so you can tie it to something.
>>
>>1160794
Amcrest
IP2M-841 ProHD 1080P
does exactly what you want.
>>
>>1161519
Also, it's not connected to your computer. It sits anywhere you want. it's wireless.
>>
>>1161520
>>1161519
Many thanks friend.
>>
>>1160794
Honestly that camera is fine, just make sure its not accessible via the internet. If you want to access via the internet, go grab a copy of luxriot evo (its free), install it to an old laptop or pc and use that to access remotely.
>>
>>1160794
Just buy a good webcam, download ISpy, set on movement and use your dropbox to save the files. Acces dropbox via phone or, if possible, acces PC via remote.
This is what I use when I'm away on holiday, old laptop with 2 webcams. The laptop's in a drawer, cams are not easy to spot.
>>
File: 2015-05-16 12.01.32.jpg (3MB, 4208x3120px) Image search: [Google]
2015-05-16 12.01.32.jpg
3MB, 4208x3120px
You're doing it wrong, OP.
>>
>>1161735
Guns are illegal here, I have an axe on my home I use for that kind of stuff. I arrived literally 30 minutes too late to split someone's head or get shot. If I had eaten at home that day the outcomes would be different.
>>
>>1161740
Letting your queen or dictator keep you unarmed is an infringement on your basic human rights.

Stand up for yourself. You can buy parts kits and build what you can't buy.
>>
>>1161749
I could buy a gun in a neighbouring country, but I'm not willing to do jail time for muh guns yet.
>buy part kits
No, I really can't.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.