[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How practicable are these kinds of door / window / wall? Wouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: room_by_arsenixc-d9tyf2k.jpg (1MB, 1900x1069px) Image search: [Google]
room_by_arsenixc-d9tyf2k.jpg
1MB, 1900x1069px
How practicable are these kinds of door / window / wall? Wouldn't it be super vulnerable to a storm and also to cold? Are there any big benefits of this style of building, why is it still so present in japanese culture?
>>
I thought they used that style mostly indoors? Does Japan even get cold winters?
>>
>>1160830
Yes
>>
>>1160789
Japanese style houses work well in Japanese climate with Japanese people living in it with Japanese customs and habits.

No it is stupid to build a house without insulation in countries that builds houses with insulation.

If you have to ask, don't. Don't pretend you are in Japan, you are not.
>>
>>1160848
They have very cold winters though, I thought there might be some trick to it.

I don't pretend to be what I'm not, and yet I like how it looks, lets light in the room, makes it seem warmer.
You're propably right; it's more a thing for warmer climates.
>>
>>1160863
The trick is to put up with it, or spend all day in kotatsus.
>>
They are vulerable to cold. Even modern houses have single pane windows and zero insulation.

We had to store honey in the fridge in winter, otherwise it would freeze. Japan is dumb in many, many ways.
>>
>>1160789
>Are there any big benefits of this style of building, why is it still so present in japanese culture?

anime isn't real, anon.
>>
>>1160874
>Japan is dumb in many, many ways.
Oh, boy. I was an expat there and it's weird. And not always in a pleasant way. As my friend put it when we went to Korea "this is as exotic as Japan but not as repulsive"
>>
>>1160830
>>1160848
Those walls are thick enough to be insulated.

>>1160789
Looks like a modern house really. Sliding glass doors and everything.
>>
>>1160907
when we went to shenzhen it was like a completely different world.
>>
>>1160907
Korea is nice an all. Only down side is they are very racist towards white people for some odd reason.
>>
>>1160789
Door looks like its got a double glaze like system
>>
>>1160789
>why is it still so present in japanese culture?
probably just a cultural relic from when they used to make windows out of rice paper and bamboo. I dont think there are many places like that in modern jap cities where they have a more globalized building attitude.
>>
>>1161233
Most of the stereotypically Japanese architecture is in rural areas and Hokkaido, aside from historical buildings like temples, hostels etc.
>>
>>1161075
They're racist and discriminatory to anyone who isn't Korean, even Koreans who have left Korea.
>>
>>1160863
They dont build doors like that in the cold regions. Also the japanese just pay more to keep a space warm\cold. This isnt one of those occasions where some culture has some technique you dont know about.
>>
>>1161268

>Even Koreans who left Korea

If you are a second or third generation american born, can't speak anything but English with a nasaly american twang and you, have never been to your parents country and have nearly no idea about the country, then you can't say you're such.

>from west indies
>studying in England
>Person approaches me
>starts querying my accent
>person claims to be from Barbados
>OK, why does this guy sound like he is from cottinghamshire?
>whatever benefit of the doubt
>spent a lot of time in bim myself and in fact was just there a month before tying up some loose ends
>so I start with the bajan chat
>guy has no idea what the hell I am talking about
>turns out his grandfather from one side was bajan
>he does not know a single thing about a 150sq mile country yet he claims that those are his roots

Come on bruh
>>
>>1160789
>>
>>1161282
>left Korea
>third generation

>personally left corea

youre just looking for excuses to get mad

no better than an sjw
>>
>>1161268
So true

They might as well have said N'Wah and Outlander. Real life Morrowind minus the Ashlands.
>>
>>1161282
>>Even Koreans who left Korea
I was referring to literal Koreans who were born in Korea and grew up there, then decided to immigrate elsewhere, often families with teens. If those families visit Korea, they face huge discrimination especially from their own relatives who stayed in Korea.
>>
Kotatsus and comfy thick clothing.
Heating homes up because you are too lazy to put clothes on is stupid.
Paying the crazy prices for triple insulated hyper ultra mega boost sound-proofed windows is even more stupid.
Feeling chilly? Put some damn clothes on.

Also, a lot of houses don't look like that entirely, not most times.
They usually have outside doors that are thicker in the really cold areas and those thin doors are only internal.
Or they have separate winter doors for the cold times. (or panels)

Preventing mould issues is easy, open a window and get a fan.
If you are in a low-wind area, running a dehumidifier is vastly cheaper than a heater.
>>
>>1161341
So they are like vegans.
>>
>>1161500
>Feeling chilly? Put some damn clothes on.
what if you are too hot? you can only strip down so far.
>>
>>1161341
>discrimination
ELI5 how?
>>
>>1161690
>what if you are too hot? you can only strip down so far.

Fans.

Damp cloths.

Have a cold one.

Have another cold one.

...and another one.

...and another.

...and another and then finish off the six pack.
>>
This thread belongs in /jp/ not /diy/
>>
>>1161690
Remove your skin.
Then fat.
Then muscles.

Really, all you can do is wear lighter clothes or basically nothing.
If it is still too hot, you turn to fans.
If still too hot, regular splashes of water on arms, body and the flat surfaces of the face. (head too)
If still too hot? ?!?!?! NANI?!
Sun is going supernova. Eat an ice cube, it will all be over soon.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.