[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What could do with 720 acres of land? It has 3 lakes, a river

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: forest.jpg (596KB, 800x471px) Image search: [Google]
forest.jpg
596KB, 800x471px
What could do with 720 acres of land? It has 3 lakes, a river running through it, forest patches, and meadows. I don't really know what else to do than build a nice get away cabin and go fishing/hunting. What do you guys suggest?
>>
>>1160438
Why would you want to anything else? If it were me (I hope it is one day desu), I'd maybe use 5 acres max for my home and gardens, and then keep the rest exactly as nature intended.
>>
>>1160438
This is up in Ontario Canada btw, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to cut down many trees due to protection laws.
>>
>>1160441
Why would you cut any down? Build dank tree house. Add dank well. Use solar.

Fuck the poleeeeeece
>>
>>1160449
Yeah I'm really excited to create a solar grid. I might also do some hydroponic farming.
>>
>>1160438
>super rich
>has a whole country of land
>what do?

Sell the land, and go overdose on something

or build /r9k/ville
>>
>>1160453
I would be nice if I could make some money off this land. Maybe some campground or a trail?
>>
>>1160454
If you build a comfy therapeutic retreat centre, I'll happily manage it for you. That's always been my dream job, not sure why really but I just think it would be really nice spending every day in a beautiful environment helping people work through their problems.
>>
>>1160454
>>1160438

If you actually own that land and want to monetize it you could capitalize on spergs that have fetishes of getaways. Those are big on 4chan and normie culture.

If you want to know what I'm talking about you can add me on Skype (I don't want no money, I'm mostly one of those getaway spergs)

My Skype is: seaborgiumsg
>>
>>1160459
Like a forever get away or just a place to relax away from society for a few weeks?
>>
>>1160485
Commune. It's a pretty complicated idea to convey over 4chan.

I've seen 10-15 threads about making communes in the woods on 4chan in the last YEAR.

I've seen 1-2 get off the ground and actually get something done.

If you want me to explain it in depth just add me on Skype or Discord, I'd be really interested in helping you set it up if you want (again, I'm not looking for money.)

Discord: Gray#0952
>>
>>1160486
>>1160485

lol, be prepared to have the feds sieze your property or fine you into poverty over this NEET pipe dream. not a single person on 4chan has any clue what land development entails and everyone thinks you can just do whatever you want.
>>
>>1160487
I'm not saying he should make it a NEET paradise. He should rent portions of the land to NEETs and make bank like that.

The NEETs will eventually run out of funds and have to fuck off.
>>
>>1160491
What if they can stay for free in exchange for labor?
>>
>>1160493
T-that's called slavery onii-chan. I don't think that's legal.
>>
>>1160491
communes invariably attract social flunkies, drug addicts, NEETs, and other form of riff raff.

inviting those people onto his property, and more importantly, developing facilities for them is asking for disaster and is a fuck huge liability.
>>
>>1160495
It could be labeled as a rehabilitation center or something like that. maybe not a rehabilitation center exactly because that requires permits and special licences.
>>
>>1160498
I'm not sure what you're talking about. You're generalizing a little too hard there buddy.

You can't run a commune who have no work ethic. Now I'm not saying r9k shitters have any of that but they sure as fuck aren't going to starve now are they? Them fuckers are fat as shit.

You don't shit where you eat. Especially a place you invested all of your life savings on. Stop talking nonsense.
>>
>>1160501
>Especially a place you invested all of your life savings on.

/r9k/ shitters don't have any life savings. its why their on the dole with their mental disorders.

this >>1160493 is a great example of who you are going to get. people who want to do some kind of work trade, but don't actually have to put any kind of skin in the game. sure, you might get some labor out of them, but when shit goes south they can just walk away leaving the land owner holding the bag.

>You don't shit where you eat.

spergs and autists often do shit where they eat. its why they are spergs and autists. you want well adjusted people who have large lump sums of cash. those are called productive members of society, not the rejects this place would be catering too.
>>
>>1160505
Again, you're generalizing a little too hard there.
Not every NEET is useless, you have NEET's who have PhDs and decided to take some time off, or people who are between works are technically NEETs.

Stop thinking every social reject is some useless, stupid NEET. People have reasons for them being social outcasts and only a small amount of them are actually scum.
>>
>>1160438
Holy fug, I'd love to have that much land. I have about 40 acres now and it isn't enough with all the new developments slowly marching their way in.

"Wisteria" is a 620-acre place that has a camp ground and a few events a year that it hosts. The rest of the time it is just a few families living there. They make most of their money during the festivals and workshops. It is a pretty nice place, but seriously 620 acres doesn't feel very big for some reason, though it is.

Personally, I'd build some storage buildings on the very edge of the property and rent them out to pay for property taxes and such. Then I'd make emergency roads and helipads for medical emergencies then trails and feeding stations for wildlife and farm animals. I'd make a 2-story stone cottage with slate roof and stained glass windows as close to the center of the property as possible. Barns would be the same thing. I'd garden and have some live stock. It'd all be with family and friends. If I were rich, I'd build a stone wall around the property, but chainlink would do in a pinch. The entire thing would be off grid. I'd probably have a farmer's market for all the local farmers.

Don't make a commune or anything like that. Only have friends and family or it will be the headache of your entire life.
>>
>>1160509
What kind of developments?

Owning land is my wet dream but I'm too poor and live in a small country.
>>
>>1160511
I'm not sure what you mean by "developments" in this context. Must be a regional thing we don't use in my area?
>>
>>1160515
>I have about 40 acres now and it isn't enough with all the new developments slowly marching their way in.

>Developments slowly marching their way in

Those developments, sorry! I wasn't clear enough.
>>
>>1160518
Oh I see. I thought you meant on the OP's 720acre plot.

The area's larger farms are getting sold off and new houses with new people are moving here. That means more people, more traffic, more noise in the distance, less game for hunting and less fish in the waters. There's a few million dollar McMansions that have already been built within eyesore of me.
>>
>>1160439

Honestly this. I've always wanted the homestead life. But not a dark age wood shack, I mean modern fucking house in the middle of that 720 acres
>>
>>1160438
LUMBER
>>
>>1160606
BUZZ wrong answer!

Owning 720 acres of forest is worth more than what you have after it's been sold for lumber. I know that personally. Everything gets wrecked to hell and back.
>>
>>1160621
>720 acres of forest is worth more

Worth more to who? Forest collectors?
>>
>>1160441
Seriously. Sound like heaven. Me, cabin, lathe, solar power, and a satellite internet connection.
>>
>>1160621
this. timber slashed property sells for pennies on the dollar.
>>
>>1160453
>or build /r9k/ville
>this
I actually would be interested in how /r9k/ville would after some time and would love to keep up with it
>>
I suppose it depends on whether I need money or not. If need money, probably lease out parts of the land for... something. Not something that involves turning the area in to a shit hole.

If I don't need the money, house in middle, fence around the whole thing with several signs that say fuck off.
>>
>>1160438
If I had that land, I'd open a Penland style craft school for woodworkers, blacksmiths, glassblowers, potters, etc. More formal training centers for craftsmen and people who make things domestically are sorely needed right now since the university systems are such an economic failure. It'd be cool as shit.
>>
>>1160438
You get forest management dudes in which you need. You use woodfall (twigs n shit) for small power generation and selling to the paper industry or whoever else wants it. That then keeps the forest running.

Commune idea a shit do not trust anyone on here, not even me. Look into it yourself. If a /pol9k/ sperg gets where your wood is one of the better case scenarios is that you'd have to deal with some unwashed loser that wants to fuck your pristine shit up.

Depending on where it is, camping is a nice idea. Nature walks. I dunno.
>>
>>1160622
The person who owns the land and has to deal with the mess after the loggers leave. And, it is a huge fucking mess. It really does depend on the company that does it and the state or country and its regulations as to how bad it will be. Some states/countries require all sorts of rules to be adhered to such as reduction of erosion, replanting, road management, wildlife management, etc. and they are actively monitored for these things and must submit plans. Others don't do a damn thing and are not required to do anything at all and there's no oversight/monitoring in the slightest. There's everything in between too.

Thus, you really need to research your local laws on this matter and visit other sites where that logging company has been logging; to actually see if you even want them to log at all. Never ever take anyone's word for it. Go and look for yourself after you've researched what proper logging environment management looks like. All it takes is one shitty logging road to fuck up everything in your entire watershed.

I unfortunately, live in an area with no laws of any kind for this shit or at least no one enforces them at all. Most of the places look like WW1 trench battlefields after the logging company leaves. No joking either. It is really bad.
>>
>>1160501
>You don't shit where you eat.

I've seen plenty of degenerates who do. current generation of social rejects are basically high functioning retards.
>>
Make sure you have good insurance on land, you'll need it.
>>
>>1160438
Raise Bison to sell to hipster burger joints.
>>
Hey OP, Amerifag here.
Any way i can buy a few acres off of you cheap?
Im looking at anywhere between 10-20 acres.

I need a vacation spot by a lake, hopefully a forested area.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.