[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 24x20x10_carport_classic_front.jpg (305KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
24x20x10_carport_classic_front.jpg
305KB, 1000x1000px
Anyone have experience with versatube.com kit buildings and car ports? Or any other inexpensive structures? I am handy enough to put together this kind of kit or something similar made of wood but which would be more cost effective? Hoping to eventually put walls up and make a work shop as money allows.
>>
>>1159848
You have to give more information
where do you want to "build" it?
is it straight, it it concrete on the ground, can you dig, do you have to follow any building codes, can you weld etc tec
>>
I've just used the cheaper ones and enforced them with spiral screws in the ground and some cables. They tend to work as described, they're not a scam, though salesmen may try to oversell you.
>>
>>1159848

heres a tip: dont build it in any area that has: hurricanes, tornadoes, typhoons, or any weather where the wind exceeds 30 miles an hour, or you can kiss your k-mart carport goodbye
>>
>>1159942
this. They are useful for keeping the sun and a light shower off your cars, but that's about it
>>
File: Power's fasteners 9.png (920KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Power's fasteners 9.png
920KB, 2560x1440px
I stuck a small one on a concrete pad with power's fasteners and silicone caulking twelve years ago. Some fading and light hail damage, but it's still good. It's in a high wind area, but mostly blocked.
I don't think they are worth enclosing, if that's what you want you should maybe consider a cheap prefab steel building,
>>
Live in rural Washington. Building codes are minimal. I have 14 acres in the forest with a double wide. The ground is uneven and needs leveled but is not so bad. Any concrete work beyond foundation would be after the fact. I can weld but not great my welds all look ugly but they hold. Never done anything to complicated though
>>
>>1160054
if you want that thing to last, lay a concrete foundation first
make sure it's straight
start with a thick layer of rocks and sand (this way it will be easier to level)
allow for anchoring points (so you don't have to drill in concrete later)
>>
File: 4984885374_dd2dc501ae_b[1].jpg (250KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
4984885374_dd2dc501ae_b[1].jpg
250KB, 1024x683px
>>1159848
I used to take 2 costco carports out to burning man. Winds can be pretty heavy. Rebar under each leg and big stakes with ratchet tie downs will keep that shit secure even in the heaviest of dust storms.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.