[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Small drill bit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0261.jpg (2MB, 2885x2852px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0261.jpg
2MB, 2885x2852px
How do I change the power drill to a small drill bit? All the larger sizes have the same hexagon shaped connector, but the ends of the smaller sizes are all different sizes of circles instead. Googling this has given me a lot of words I do not understand. What do I do? I need the smallest size bit but it won't fit. Pic related, it's everything available to me.
>>
File: image.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
You need a 1/4 inch hex to drill couch adapter like pic related. I would be more concerned about you screwdriver not being able to turn fast enough to be effective.
>>
>>1159087
Thank you. How fast does it need to go to be okay? I'm drilling into hard plastic.
>>
>>1159089
Hard plastic like abs you should be okay, but it's gonna take a while to do it
>>
>>1159085
>>1159087
>>1159089

It makes more sense to just buy a normal drill with a chuck, it seems like you have a screwdriver, that is going to be a sad experience.
Even a cheap crap drill would be better, won't cost much at all.
Also if your need many holes eBay a spare drill bit or 5, they break easily.
>>
>>1159087
This is exactly what you need, but for fuck's sake, DO NOT GET METRIC. Even if you're a burger in burger land. They don't work for shit. Anyone that says they will is a fucking eurocuck moron. And to answer your other question, really fast OP. Look up sfpm, and then think how small your bit is going to be. You may have to buy a torque-stepping gear box in fact. Hope you have some bux.
>>
>>1159101
I just need to drill the one hole, I'm trying to remove a stuck peg connector from something I broke, and Google told me to drill a hole in the middle.
>>
>>1159267

hold the bit in pliers, heat it up with a lighter, punch it through the plastic
>>
Lowe's sells drill bits for impact drivers, so they have the 1/4" hex shank. Alternately, the price dropped on https://www.lowes.com/pd/PORTER-CABLE-20-Volt-Max-Lithium-Ion-Li-ion-1-2-in-Cordless-Drill-with-Battery-and-Soft-Case/50102364 to $20 and change today. For some reason it's showing $67.05 on the website, but call your local Lowe's and ask them to check their price on that item number, they can even sell it to you over the phone, and you can just have a real fucking drill.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.