[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soft robotics material, where to buy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: ss+(2017-04-10+at+12.21.46).jpg (69KB, 663x378px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-04-10+at+12.21.46).jpg
69KB, 663x378px
where can i buy a polymer for soft robotics?
and how much does it costs?

thanks in advance
>>
>>1158917
Do you mean silicone? That looks like silicone
>>
>>1158918
like the construction store one?
>>
>>1158921
quite probably it's silicone, yes.
it's quite harmless and easy to handle, but you need a mold to pour it into.
>>
>>1158921
No. That stuff isn't good for casting. Get yourself some silicone made for casting, Smooth on smooth cast 300 is good. You can pour silicone into a silicone mold btw, as long as you coat the mold with a release agent first.
>>
OP is trying to make a robotic love doll
>>
>>1158951
be honest, if you had the skillset and funds wouldn't you?
>>
>>1158953

uh no.. id go pay for a real woman
>>
>>1158953
I would and I'd sell it on 4chan.
>>
>>1158917
http://www.reynoldsam.com/product-category/platinum-silicone/

They got all kinds of cool stuff. The Dragon Skin is probably what you're looking for since its used for animatronics.
>>
>>1158917
Check out softroboticstoolkit.com

It has instructions on how to make them.

For their pneunets actuator they recommend elastosil M4601 or dragon skin 30. Ecoflex 0050 silicone can also work pretty well too.

Whatever one you use depends on the kind of soft robot you are making
>>
>>1158917
I know what you want.
Look for medical grade liquid silicone for casting.
You'll need a mold since it's mix and pour, and don't cheap out on something you'll put your dick in.
>>
>>1158927
it is an irritant until it is cured, something to keep in mind
>>
>>1160041
this, but reynolds is a pretty good place to find food safe silicon. anything medical/implant grade silicone is going to be extremely expensive and hard to find in small quantities (knowledge from experience).
>>
>>1160047
Can you achieve medical softness with food grade? When I think of foodgrade all it comes to mind are those mold trays that go in the oven, not very soft.
>>
>>1160071
yes, raynolds has a skin line, and has different types of firmness. look into their grading system, you might want to look into the universal grading system of silicone firmness.

TL:DR they have many options, do some research into the grading system for silicone and find what is suitable for your needs
>>
>>1160071
forgot to mention, if you are trying to make a fleshlight type thing. they have a couple forums that tell you what specific grade of firmness gives the best result. just gotta do some digging, forgot that kind of info and away from my silicone
>>
>>1158917
Try gelatin?
https://youtu.be/0l-UITSU6NA
>>
>>1158918
the striations make it look like it was 3d printed, so I'd bet they used some type of flexible filament. Silicone would probably work just fine tho.
>>
>>1160374
Wouldn't that dry out?
>>
File: pneumatic soft robot.jpg (149KB, 963x561px) Image search: [Google]
pneumatic soft robot.jpg
149KB, 963x561px
love this shit
>>
>>1158954
>not building a qt3.14 sex bot
>just pay for a real woman

where do you think you are
>>
>>1160538
>striations make it look like it was 3d printed
yes, but not necessarily printed with a flexible filament, they just printed the mold. I did something similar to protect a greased joint on something I'm working on.
>3d internal geometry of part
>paint with silicone, multiple layers
>peel off.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.