[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best computer desk design?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: images (14).jpg (3KB, 269x187px) Image search: [Google]
images (14).jpg
3KB, 269x187px
Best computer desk design?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>1158614
Any other recommendations?
>>
>>1158616
Make it out of Ironwood and build it more like the resolute desk
>>
Get some pallets :^)
>>
>>1158616
no
>>
>>1158616
Add hydraulics lifts so you can stand at it.

Strobe lights.

Add a ground.

Chrome.

Big red button for when things go to shit.
>>
>>1158612
I've always wanted a cast iron desk. Unmovable industrial glory.
Also L shaped tables rule, peppery space for paperwork on the side.
>>
Ikea Jerker. Its unfortunately discontinued but it was and still is the best computer desk I've come across because of its adjustability, modular design, and simplicity.
>>
>>1159102
I thought this was a stupid idea, but then I googled it and now I want one.
>>
>>1159063
Shipping containers > pallets
>>
>>1159310
kiln dried hardwood > wood for paupers
>>
>>1159063
youd be better off with reclaimed barn wood
>>
File: 23.jpg (21KB, 672x434px) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
21KB, 672x434px
>>1159149
that is pretty fucking sexy.
>>
>>1159084
this
>>
>>1159500
that
>>
>>1159149
Having to bend down to move the table top? Not impressed!
>>
File: trestle desk.jpg (253KB, 800x602px) Image search: [Google]
trestle desk.jpg
253KB, 800x602px
Still the GOAT. Cheap, stable and sturdy as fuck and easily moved or stored.
>>
>>1159102
don't forget to season your desk
>>
File: 2015-10-26_15.11.07.jpg (683KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-26_15.11.07.jpg
683KB, 2048x2048px
>>1159149
where would someone even find something like this to make their own? Would you just have to keep an eye out for old lathe bases that you can get for cheap?
>>
>>1159964
>>1159149
I always imagined that, i knew it could be made, and here you come and post a picture of my dreams.
>>
>>1159964
>Would you just have to keep an eye out for old lathe bases that you can get for cheap?
Good luck. They are like hen's teeth and highly sought after by vintage machinery types. Simple ones with fixed legs often go for $300 and up. Something like those adjustable types? Thousands.
>>
>>1159575
spin it with your foot you goober
>>
>>1159147
Wish they still sold them. Hell, I would just buy them metal parts and just buy wood to put on it.
>>
>>1159994
if that's truly the case, it seems like there's some real bank to be made by smelting fags if they have a large enough foundry that they can make a single cast pouring of the 3-4 major parts, do some basic welding and machining, and source the gears and threaded rods and etc. granted, it wont be antique, but use some spray on patina, and the normie fags that buy this shit up for thousands of bucks wont be able to tell the difference.
>>
>>1159102
Hrmm...

I think i am modular building a steel desk. Fuckit. Ideas for a top? Plate is expensive. Maybe i can flatten something out?
>>
>>1160149
Sigh.

>mfw i buikt a trailer mounted foundry and it still isnt enough. The crucible needed to cast that tabke in 3 bolt together pieces woukd be 3k.

And steel is a hole other animal.

Who here wanna spot me a non ferrous melting pot? Will cast a hollow aluminum one and polish it.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.