[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

security camera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (14KB, 158x99px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
14KB, 158x99px
I dont know if this is the right board but I need some home security cameras. I think a scrap guy moved in behind me and I need to keep track of my home and the house next door(its vacant know). So what camera are you guys using. I'm think either nest or a samsung model. Please help! I've been putting this off but I want to do some traveling so I need to fix this. Thanks.
>>
File: IMG_5693.jpg (333KB, 1000x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5693.jpg
333KB, 1000x630px
>>1158488
Samsung is shit, always hated installing them. I've installed a couple of Swann systems in the last year and they seem to work well, although they aren't top of the line.
>>
>>1158488
The brand is less important than capabilities. Make sure you get at least a 2-megapixel camera. Any smaller and it will be difficult to make out what is going on unless it is right in front of the thing. One of our clients went cheap and had $15k of tools stolen out of their business and the camera resolution was too low to make out the license plate of the truck that drove off with their stuff.

IR or night vision is nice but a decent motion activated security light does the same thing and is more useful in general.

Make sure your recording device has plenty of storage, is easy to use (friend video export format, secure remote access, etc) and, most importantly, is reliable. One of our clients has an old Toshiba Surveillix they refuse to replace and it crashes at least once a week and requires a manual reboot.
>>
If you plan on having these cameras connect to the internet in any way, make sure you get someone who knows what they're doing configure everything for you. IP cameras are some of the most insecure pieces of hardware there are, and unless you lock them down hard then one day you'll find your IP on Shodan and realize that weirdos have been watching your feed for months. Possibly even using them to find out when you're not home so they can rob you.
>>
Luma is the way to go
>>
>>1158488

>>1158590
>>1158901
both of these.

for my system (cheap sale on ebay and away from cameras to check the brand) I had 1 terabyte of memory and it ate through that pretty quickly with 4 cameras, only allowing recordings to be saved for a couple days before overwriting for new recording.
>>
>>1158901
This, don't put cameras directly on the internet use a camera server like luxriot and only expose its secure broadcast port to the internet. I install axis cameras quite frequently, but honestly I have had some great experiences with cheap ip cameras of amazon. Inatalled a £40 ptz about 6 months ago and its still going, quality is pretty good too.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.