[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I Save Sheet Vinyl When...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: hell_forever_and_ever.jpg (118KB, 413x310px) Image search: [Google]
hell_forever_and_ever.jpg
118KB, 413x310px
I had some sheet vinyl laid over some luan plywood that was not adequately affixed to the concrete beneath it.

It bowed and you hear and feel it slapping the concrete when you step on it.

Vost me about $1,000 for the Kitchen and bathroom materials and labor.

Any chance the sheet can be taken up without ripping it?

There is at least one corner accessible with some of the sheet not adhered.

can I possibly start there and carefully with maybe a putty knife or something get this stuff up intact so i don't have to sue anybody to pay for replacing it and I can screw down that luan better?
>>
maybe get a vinyl blade and very carefully take it all up. I really think it will be hard. you will have to be very delicate with it.

once you get it up will you have to fix the board and then carefully place it all back down.
>>
>>1157883

Heat gun? Doubt you'll save the vinyl though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV5PCvSjun0
>>
Your installer should have just skimcoated the concrete to level it. Putting luan over concrete is retarded.
>>
>>1158152
I agree it sounds ghetto... like unfinished

The subfloor repair contractor has stopped responding to my calls so i started by filing a property damage claim with Pro Referral who referred him.

If that goes nowhere I'll have to go to small claims.

I'm willing to try and remove the vinyl intact and re-use it so just wanted to get an idea if it were even possible.. I tugged at the corner which was left unglued. That is in a nook where the dishwasher had been and the adhesive really wasn't yielding at all so maybe a heat gun and a blade and it can be cut..
>>
File: 1488982805700.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1488982805700.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>1157883
>covering concrete with plywood

You deserve your problems, OP.
>>
>>1158269
I didn't do it .. I hired a contractor referred by Home Depot and Pro Referral Service

I wasn't involved. I just own the property
>>
Do you have any scrap left over? If the law doesn't work out for you, you could just drill a hole to pull it to the concrete with a plug/screw/washer. Then make a plug from the scrap and try to cover up the seams. There are a couple of ways to fix scratches in vinyl which might work.
>>
>>1158309
the problem with that is it won;t allow the chance to skim coat under the luan..

I'd want them to lift the plywood , skim coat then reattach with screws in more places.. wouldn't need to just reuse the same holes ... that is how it should be fixed..
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.