[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He did it again!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 12

File: maxresdefault.jpg (677KB, 4096x2485px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
677KB, 4096x2485px
Is Samurai Carpenter the Jesus Christ of /diy/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAnCsWrSwhw

HOW can he be so good at wood?
>>
This guy annoys me.
>>
>>1157869
Me too.. He knows his shit. But man he comes off as a prick at the same time..
>>
Dick Proenneke is the father, son, and holy ghost of /diy/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhV_rvkDB0M
>>
File: 1491330158077.jpg (134KB, 1200x676px) Image search: [Google]
1491330158077.jpg
134KB, 1200x676px
>>1157869
>>1157897
"Breeds jealousy, Success"....
>>
>>1157869
>>1157897
>>1157943
A person can be successful and top of their game without being an insufferable cunt.

Ex: Bob Ross
Ex: Bill Nye
Ex: Matthias Wandel
Ex: Frank Klauzs
Ex: AvE
Ex: StumpyNubs

In essence, fuck this guy. I'd like him a lot more if he built his shit in silence. His personality is along the same tier of basic as fucking Wrangler Star.
>>
File: 1481651598141.jpg (38KB, 400x167px) Image search: [Google]
1481651598141.jpg
38KB, 400x167px
>>1157949
>Wrangler Star.
I watched a video of him building a toolbox or something from expensive wood.
>goes to wood seller to buy wood
>the seller cuts them like 3/64 or something shorter than given dimensions
>this ain't gonna work, cause I have figured my tolerances so tight, this just ain't gonna cut it
>supplier has to recut it
A minute passes in a video
>well, I am not sure how I am gonna build this box
Makes up a toolbox dimensions as he goes.
Now that is just pure 100% cock.
>>
>>1157949
>>1157978
>>
>>1157869
>>1157897
>>1157949
It's his tone of voice. It makes him sound whiny all the time.

You have a triple combo of annoyance:
Nasally Tone of Voice
Leaf
Confident in his work

Also there's already the weird footing someone is put on by reading his handle. You expect a weeb and you can pick out part of that weird personality that those who can't hide their powerlevel have.

This makes him seem more smug than he's earned. But he's actually earned it. The man is not only skilled but does what he likes, has his own land and a wife & kids. Watch the first samurai talk he did where he just talks, his philosophy on life is pretty great.

>>1157949
>>1157978
Wranglestar's a clickbait-producing leaf. He even looks like a knockoff Matthias. What did you expect?

Though I agree, there's people with a better personality than Samurai. However, he's one of the few Westerners who actually bother with Japanese tools and the only one with his knowledge in video form - the rest are in books (unless someone else has cropped up in recent months.)
>>
>>1157949
God. They put more bob ross on netflix. Im gonna start painting. After my best friend kilt himself would chug vodka and watch bob paint and ponder my shitty life.

I am a new man.

Bob ross is long gone and his legacy likely saved my life...
>>
>>1157836
Its fucking new style damascus....

It should be fine but 1 solid bar of wtf evef grinded to shape would actually be better quality.

Meh, its cool though. And it ahouldnt ever be abused ina wood shop.

Likely will outlive us all
>>
>>1157949
>Ex: Bill Nye
you know fuck all about Bill Nye if you think he was ever at the top of anything.
He isn't even a fucking scientist. He read from a script for his TV show. He just looked nerdy enough and was slightly charismatic for the TV show.
He's a mechanical engineer for fucks sake.
>>
This guy could be the best wood butcher in the galaxy and he wouldn't be close to JC of /diy/ if that's his entire skill set. /diy/'s king would be novice to all master of none kind of guy.
>>
File: 1486828694520.jpg (43KB, 720x725px) Image search: [Google]
1486828694520.jpg
43KB, 720x725px
>>1158323
He's a kid's show personality who brought science and experiment-centric thought into the classroom in a way that kids didn't fucking hate. You would see that tv roll into the classroom and instantly your day was made.

5 seasons, each with 20 episodes, that's 100 episodes of physics and nature and astronomy and biology and chemistry and what the fuck ever else, and was never once boring.

I disagree, good sir. He may not be a scientist by trade, but he MADE his fucking show and will forever be remembered for it. Whereas for you, I believe it's time for you to go back on shift down in the salt mines.
>>
>>1158323
>He's a mechanical engineer for fucks sake.

That's enough to be a ~4th-8th grade science teacher I think, especially when you don't actually have to wrangle children and read from a script.
>>
>>1158386
Ever since Nye started being a political hack he became an insufferable cunt. He has just as much credibility to talk about global warming as most drunken rednecks in bars. NONE. Giving him any notoriety on the topic raises all the other educationless hacks to the same level. He needs to fuck off with the rest of them.

Guy couldn't even cut it as a fucking mech-engi. His credibility is at the same level as that guy in Blues Clues. He's a washed up child's entertainer.
>>
>>1158386

>he made the show

>what are: producers, writers, directors, set dec.

Why is everyone on this board such a fucking moron?
>>
>>1157949
>A person can be successful and top of their game without being an insufferable cunt.
>>1157949
>insufferable cunt. Ex: Bill Nye

*FIXED
>>
>>1158458
>He has just as much credibility to talk about global warming as most drunken rednecks in bars. NONE.
Ad hominem. Just because you don't like the person saying something doesn't make them wrong.

Besides, I'm sure he has done plenty of study and prep work to back up his arguments for when it comes time to debate someone on the topic.
>>
>>1158533
>Ad hominem
Strawman. He's not arguing against global warming. He's arguing that Bill Nye is a giant douche.

>Besides, I'm sure he has done plenty of study and prep work
Appeal to Authority.

You are retard.
>>
File: 1490711654577.png (356KB, 572x380px) Image search: [Google]
1490711654577.png
356KB, 572x380px
>>1158464
Oh man you're a dense one aren't you.
Do you habitually need to be spoon fed when people talk?
>>
>>1158537
>He's arguing that Bill Nye is a giant douche.
He is attacking the character of the person making the statements, not the statements themselves. Ad hominem.

>Appeal to Authority.
Just because he doesn't have a degree in climate science does not mean he is not knowledgeable in the field and doesn't have the chops to debate the topic. That is like arguing that you correct someone's spelling unless you have a degree in English. He has been a force in educating people about science for decades. He has identified a bastion of ignorance that is being spread by people who want to maintain the status quo no matter what the consequences and the talking heads they have hired to spread the ignorance around. He has armed himself with the knowledge needed to fight this ignorance and is using his position as a minor celebrity to fight for the cause.
>>
>>1157949
I don't like your comparison.

Wranglerstar is a very humble and likable guy, and acknowledges the fact that he's not good at anything.

Samurai Carpenter managed to master his craft and wants others to know about it.
>>
Get fucked youtubers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97NdFOeQ-fk
>>
>>1158609

>wranglerstar
>humble

The guy is pretty good at what he does but he's anything but humble.
>>
>>1158686
I have literally watched all of these humpa loompas videos. They do their shit without talking shit, only talk if they need to, rarely to the camera. Are extremely skillful and even if they talked a lot of bullshit I woudn't know.
>>
>>1157869
WeeabooCarpenter - "I want Makita to sponsor me, please annoy the shit out of them"

Makita - Nah mate.

WeeabooCarpenter - "Makita aren't that good"

Good fuck that whole thing made me check out. Waa, they don't like me. And then he throws all his toys out the pram.
>>
>>1158609
He's cancer and just does clickbait. If he wasn't so fucking awful I wouldn't mind it since the titles of his videos are often subjects that would be nice to know, like "reviews" of weird shit that no one else is doing.

But he's so bad at everything that at best you see how to not use a tool and at worst he gives completely incorrect information or does incompatible comparisons.

The fact that he knows he sucks but does it anyway is even worse. He's the harbor freight of diy youtubers.
>>
File: c43.jpg (29KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
c43.jpg
29KB, 450x450px
>>1158799
>He's the harbor freight of diy youtubers
>>
>>1158323

>He isn't even a fucking scientist

>He's a mechanical engineer

Yeah, that's science buddy.
>>
>>1158949
You have no idea what a scientist does do you?
>>
>>1158961

No, I do perfectly.

You're the moron thinking that engineers are not just a variety of scientist.
>>
>>1158949
>>1158970
#rekt
>>
Don't know much about this guy but he made a stone sink once and the look on his face after he finished installing was priceless
>>
>>1158323
>He's a mechanical engineer for fucks sake.

>Applied science isn't science

>Mechanical engineers never do research

Next you'll be telling me that physicists aren't proper mathematicians.
>>
>>1158994
Well if you really want to get into it...
>>
File: GltrAmO.jpg (230KB, 1079x1256px) Image search: [Google]
GltrAmO.jpg
230KB, 1079x1256px
Everyone stop this blasphemy. We're here to shit on WapaneseWoodworker (or discuss his merits if there are any to be had), not betray our collective childhood hero who made the classroom not a total fucking bust.

This is like talking shit about Miss Frizzle. Good way to get yourself stabbed.

I regret even bringing him up if it causes this much undue derailment and absolute heresy. When I say top of his game, it isn't publishing scientific papers or making discoveries - it's delivering those discoveries in a way everyone can digest rather than despise, and genuinely enjoy and even go as far as to want to know more. He is a host of fact and phenomena, a comedian, a teacher, a personality that bridged two very diverging worlds with his approach of visual demonstration, DIY experiments, and laughter. How many edutainers in the world can boast the same track record?

I beseech you, to check yoselves before you wreck yoselves. I had the magnificent experience of hitting up a Mars rover party for the Opportunity, which was supposed to only run for a few months but is still alive after 10 years, where Bill, who is CEO of the Planetary Society which was cofounded by Carl motherfucking Sagan, videochatted in via Skype. He is still 100% OG original gangsta.

WranglerStar is still a skidmark on the DIY world's boxers. Fuck that capslock clickbait tooting doofus.
>>
>>1158982
that thing was so shallow though
>>
>>1157836
The guy is a pretentious twatnozzle. His videos are cringey as hell.
>>1159042
Nye is a fucking sellout to Monsanto among others. He can gargle otter semen for all I care.
>>
>>1159042
>gecko

>spiny lizard
>>
>>1159197
>>gecko
>>spiny lizard

Well "Mess with spiny lizard, You get a pizard." doesn't quite have the same ring to it
>>
>>1158982
Just watched it. He knows its shit. you can see it in his eyes. He's trying hard to put on a brave face but it's not enough.
>>
File: 1483007233529.jpg (50KB, 480x456px) Image search: [Google]
1483007233529.jpg
50KB, 480x456px
>>1157927
this guy did it really good, diy, fit, ck, n, sci, b
>full diy in the hikikomori style
how did he beat the cripling lonliness of the woods?
>>
>>1157927
fuck, I've been looking for this remember it from childhood but couldnt remember his name
>>
>>1159281
>hiki
>not wanting to be alone
I remember him saying something like "Most people talk a lot without saying anything"
A true robot.
>>
File: 59265230.jpg (67KB, 864x717px) Image search: [Google]
59265230.jpg
67KB, 864x717px
>>1157869
Glad I'm not the only one. I can tolerate it but there's just something that rubs me the wrong way.

>>1158982
He must have spent days fucking with it, rented that saw, and it was way too shallow and too high, the backing board behind it was fucking nothing and going to get wet.

Shouldn't have cut the bottom flat, should have cut a hole in the countertop and set it in.

That look on his face and "It's going to be something I'll have for my entire life", I bet he hopes it breaks just so he can replace it.
>>
File: facepalm.png (53KB, 407x141px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.png
53KB, 407x141px
I just... can't stand this guy.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.