[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Treadmill maintenance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: athletic-crop.jpg (34KB, 776x684px) Image search: [Google]
athletic-crop.jpg
34KB, 776x684px
Hi, I just bought a threadmill from walmart that didn't came with an user or maintenance manual, it didn't even come with the safety key.
I plugged it in and, after tricking the safety key sensor, tried walking on it and it sounds rough, like the band needs lubrication.

Specs of the equipment: 1HP motor, 90kg (~200lb) max load
Specs of the user: 85kg (~188lb).

Anyone knows what kind of maintenance or set-up steps it needs?
I bought silicone lubricant to apply under the band because I remember some staff at a local gym using that on the treadmills there.
>>
>>1157724
>I just bought a threadmill from walmart that didn't came with an user or maintenance manual

what the shit? sounds like you got a used treadmill. go take that shit back and get a refund or a new one that you can examine that has all the shit with it.
>>
>>1157733
It was a discounted $130 "non-working" unit. It doesn't work as it has no safety key but that's already fixed so it's not an issue.
Now I want to use it regularly but I don't want to mess up, I'd rather do a full maintenance as it was heavily used and get it running properly than risk it and have it break because of misuse or something,.

Brand is "Athletic Works" which is the same as "random chinese junk " as I can't find the manual on the internet.
>>
You bought a piece of garbage.

Sad truth of it is that work out equipment is expensive or worthless. The cheap Chinese crap tends to fail under the load of a random old guy walking slowly on it for psychical therapy. They sell it targeting the people who want to get fit but don't have enough drive to drop $6-900 on a good one. They assume they won't use the machine, and will let it collect dust.

As for the crap you have? return it if you can, get your cash back, and spend it taking a gym class at your local uni for a next to free gym.
>>
>>1157806
OH and to add, if you want a machine that you can run on, those specs will never manage. You need at LEAST 2.6 chp (continuous horse power) if you don't want the belt stopping dead every time you step on it.
>>
>>1157740
so, you bought a non working item and don't know how to fix anything, but bought it anyway cuz "/diy/ should be able to fix this". God, you are stupid and need to an hero
>>
Is /diy/ so shitty nowadays or we got some /b/ flowing here?
I don't give a crap about the quality of the equipment I bought. That's not the original question, it was never mentioned in the OP and I don't want opinions about it.

I want to know what to do to make it run properly, mainly how to lubricate the band/belt as I never owned this kind of machine.

If anything else goes wrong like the motor or electronics, I know how to fix that.
>>
>>1157724
i don't support wasteful work

you want to get fit then do something that requires a lot of manual labor and is productive
>>
>>1158243
You're clearly an ass, I'm not expecting anything from you. I'm asking the rest of /diy/.
>>
>>1157806
>>1157808

THIS
>>
>>1158403
>Anyone knows what kind of maintenance or set-up steps it needs?

it's trash. you bought a broken cheap piece of shit and it can't be salvaged.

Listen, /diy/ doesn't mean "it's the 1960s, go make your container shipping tiny house out of garbage now you are a good person because recyling". It means "get the right tools to do the job and save yourself paying for labor".

You get what you paid for, and while 130 dollars might seem like a lot of money, it isn't in the context of a treadmill. You bought a piece of junk, wallmart swindled you. There isn't anything to salvage. It's a bundle of made in china half assed shit that is literally designed to fall apart after being used a few times. You might as well make a post asking people how to completely make an entirely new tread mill from scratch.
>>
Not OP, but anyone know how to make a big hamster wheel for running?

diy treadmill would be fine aswell
>>
>>1157968
I don't believe you lubricate the band as it should float just above the platform except for instant you step on it.i would think lubing it would make dangerous. If you can see the rollers maybe you can lube the bearings.
>>
>>1157724
I bought a $700 treadmill and it lasted me almost 12 years.

I used silicon spray lubricant.
>>
>>1158913
>it's trash. you bought a broken cheap piece of shit and it can't be salvaged.
Are you this much of a fucking moron or are you just jelly because the machine is brand new and it actually works perfectly fine? I'm, again, asking for the proper maintenance procedure, I couldn't care less about your opinion or anyone's else about the quality of the machine.
>You bought a piece of junk
Nobody cares, no one asked you about that.
>There isn't anything to salvage
It doesn't need to be salvaged as the machine works perfectly fine.

>>1158936
It requires lube between the band you run on and the platform under it, which is a piece of plastic coated wood. No lube and the plastic coating gets worn out and the wood eats the band away.

>>1158978
Thank you anon.
>>
>>1157968
Silicon spray inbetween the belt and the deck
>>
>>1158932
I've been thinking about making a treadmill too. I have this old garage door opener motor, but not sure if that's enough torque and speed.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.