[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Squirrels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 20170407_133857.jpg (542KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170407_133857.jpg
542KB, 2048x1152px
I work for a solar company doing repairs and maintenance. I get to the house to install animal guard to prevent squirrels and start cleaning it out. To make a long story short there's about 4 squirrels under the array that I jabbed at with a flat bar. Any ideas how to get the out /diy/?
>>
>>1157623
Probably just walk your ladder closer to their nest and poke them again and see if they scatter.
>>
File: 20170407_134108.jpg (745KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170407_134108.jpg
745KB, 2048x1152px
Heres up close of the nest. I started cleaning it out and saw 2 more run under after I already had heard some. Figured the noise alone would share them, then stabbed under the array with a pry bar and felt it hit one. They aren't leaving so I left. Just curious
>>
>>1157624
It's right in front of it. I poked at them for a while, even went to the top with a stick of 1" PVC and no dice. Ballsy little fuckers
>>
>>1157627
I hear sarin gas works well on rodents, just ask Syrian president Assad!
>>
>>
>>1157659
Squirrels just remove them

>>1157638
Try to into logical reasoning
>Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
>>
>>1157683
>Squirrels just remove them
Not if you 'apply' them with a paintball gun.
>>
>>1157623
can you unground the frames and make it float at like 300+VDC relative to a nearby isolated metal rail?
>>
>>1157708
>>1157727
>>1157638
While these all sound great this homeowner will be watching me work so I need to be "professional" this one time.

I've read about predator urine. Maybe I'll piss down the chimney?
>>
>>1157760
>Maybe I'll piss down the chimney?
>not doing this anyway
>>
>>1157765
I knew a guy who shit down one because it was dead of winter and too icy to get down. Not sure how that adds up to dropping one down a chimney but
>>
I feel bad though because this will be the third time I come back. First day was raining, second day I did another section. If it wasn't so steep he said he'd do it himself at this point.
>>
>>1157683
>Squirrels just remove them

Put them inside a 'cage' that will slide under the array.
Make the cage out of pic related and attach it to the array so they can't push it away.
>>
>>1157770
That's a pretty good idea. The product we use is "Critterguard" and it's the same shit just treated. The problem is that the racking system they used sits low to the roof and the height can only be adjusted from underneath. Not to mention how I would go about baiting them in there..
>>
>>1157773
Doesn't sound like you have much time to wait for them to leave. Usually people just seal off all but a small spot and put a one way door up
>>
>>1157791
If I take too long they assume I'm stealing hours. We aren't required to remove the nest or go up if there are animals underneath; I just want to help the guy out.
>>
we get them out of a tree with smoke.....
then we shoot and eat them
>>
>>1157798
You're welcome to drive to Connecticut for a free meal then
>>
>>1157801
Get a couple of smoke bombs, just hold onto them and smoke them out...of course avoiding setting the nest on fire
>>
Get a gas powered leaf blower
>>
Best way to get these fucks is to trap them in a humane trap and then shoot them. State laws vary but if you trap them you can dispose of them legally which means getting out a pellet gun and throwing them to the foxes.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.