[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

18650 Storage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: mj1.jpg (3KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
mj1.jpg
3KB, 280x180px
I have bought four Panasonic NCR18650B,
at the moment I am only using two of them.
How do I properly long store unused 18650 batteries for 6+ months.
-should I store them fully charged or discharge them ?
-I heard temperature degrades batteries, so I'm planning on storing them in my fridge.
>>
>>1157371
Store them about half charged; full charge stresses the anode more. Fridge is good-- it will slow down the chemical/mechanical processes that age the battery.

that will be fine for ~ 6 months, but you can't store them for eg 10 years that way.
>>
>>1157374
Thanks, do you have any reference or paper I could look into ?
>>
>>1157384
do not store your batteries in the refrigerator or freezer... look up J Mooch Muchow on youtube or facebook. he will answer any questions you have... his word is second to none
>>
Vape naysh yall
>>
File: 18650 pbank.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
18650 pbank.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
>>1157488
substandard.

>>1157841
not a vaper, I'm thinking of using them to diy powerbank since all the ones that I got have fake "5000 mAh ultrafire" batteries.
Also planning on replacing my laptop batteries with these.
>>
>>1157371
>18650 storage
get this
https://www.aliexpress.com/item//32680975242.html
to protect them and avoid accidental shorts
>>
>>1158043
>Not storing your lithium batteries fully charged in a tool box with a variety of loose bolts, copper shards, lead weights and a geological hammer
>Not violently shaking said tool box every so often to remind yourself of the fragility of existence
>>
>>1158022
Save your old laptop cells. Can test them and / diy.
>>
>>1158068
Not building a power pack, bms, and 3 stage charger with them?

Not charge to 80% and always have juice for ohone and bluetooth or radio? / drawer lights?
>>
>>1158043
>what is ziplock bag
>>1158072
I will, however my laptop isn't staying on for more than 30 mins of web browsing.
>>
so that's what, like $10 of battery? it's not worth worrying about this much, throw them in the fucking garbage
>>
>>1158683
I get it. U likely have 1 shitty cell and 7 more great for projects
>>
>>1158689
Good panasonic cells like tesla uses are ~$3 or less each.

8 for a laptop would be well under 25 bux.

But most of /diy is poorfags or kids who have little money.

Innneficeint wast of time but $3 to replace 1 bad cell could double anons work time. And iff he builds a pack to velcro to his laptop and charges over night he can shitpost indefinitely
>>
Put them to "storage charge" which is around 3.85V. Then charge them at a dry and cool place. Put them in a zip lock bag or a closed glass jar with one of these little silica packs that are found in boxes for shoes or electronic stuff. A fridge is a good idea, deep-freezing not so much. Let warm to ambient before taking out of the bag/jar.
>>
>>1160300
>Then charge them at a dry and cool place.
Sorry, I meant "store".
>>
>>1158719

Tell me where 18650 can be gotten for $3 each.
>>
>>1160353
https://eu.nkon.nl is good site to get cheap 18650 (legit ones, not chinese rebrandings), only thing is you have to pay shipping which is about 20% i think

If you buy laptop batterys in bulk you can get as low as 1$ per cell, but you have to watch on pages like ebay
>>
>>1157371
Get a charger with storage function, which will bring the batteries to 3.7V, and store them in a lipo saver bag, they'll last for 1 year before degrading.
>>
File: 1491519544903.png (323KB, 573x416px) Image search: [Google]
1491519544903.png
323KB, 573x416px
>>1158068
>not shoving the fully charged batteries up your ass and then doing the electric slide
>mfw
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.