[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Utilizing A Stepper Motor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Stepper.jpg (1MB, 1942x1777px) Image search: [Google]
Stepper.jpg
1MB, 1942x1777px
Hey /g/, recently I took apart an old copy machine that I found and one of the things I got out of it was this stepper motor. I'm definitely not an electronics expert, but I've been trying to learn more and get into tinkering recently.

How would I go about utilizing this motor, and the 5 pin connector? I have a raspberry pi I can use as a controller but how do I go about connecting the two? Since there's a circuit board already attached to it does that mean that it already has some kind of controller? What additional components do I need? Also can anyone tell me what the pins are for based on the labels? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>1157204
look up the controller on the board for the datasheet and trace the signals
>>
>>1157204
If it's five pins it's a unipolar. You need a ULN2803 and your arduino programmed to cycle the coils correctly. This might take a little trial and error.
>>
>>1157212
>>1157331
It's a brushless DC motor you fucking retards, not a thing to do with stepping.

>>1157204
You're off the hook, you don't know any better. Google up a datasheet for the chip on the board, work out what signals it's expecting to see to operate, report findings.
>>
>>1157362
Well I appreciate the leniency. I assume you meant look for the chip that is on the board not the model of the board itself, however, it's so old and faded its almost impossible to read, and some of it may be fully erased. I tried searching for the fragments I could make out but I couldn't find anything. Here's the best picture I could get of it, if anyone else would be willing to try, but if I can't find this chip am I SOL or is there something else I can do to figure it out?
>>
>>1157204
Looks like laser motor?

Was it mounted to other gears, sometimes there's an encoder wheel and other circuits mounted to that.

https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Laser_Printer_Motors
>>
>>1157204
I'd say just buy a stepper driver board for a few bucks and control it with your controller.
>>
>>1157871
With the right light and the right angle you should be able to make up what the marking says.
>>
>24v
>GND

self explanatory

>/MMD
probably motor normal speed
>/MMLD
probably motor half speed

>CLK
probably controls direction
>>
>>1157871
https://hackaday.io/project/5236-savin-c2020-teardown/log/18313-fancy-brushless-motors
>>
That is the main mecha drive motor. It's torquey as fuark.
You already got the pinout, provide 24V to the board and rotate by hand for several revolutions the rotor assembly as you sniff the rest of the pins. One should spurt out a pulse on a certain position of the rotor, that's the speed detection pulse, maybe on the clk pin you marked. To make it run, hook up an oscillator to the other pins and feed it some pulse.
The way those BLDC motors work is by syncing them to a certain speed by a closed loop control by the CPU.
I made some no-data-in-the-world BLDC motors from VHS players run by probing this way.
>>
>>1157204
this is a brushless motor with controler build on PCB, low power aprox 20W - 36W
The rotor speed can be controlled by freq signal ( clock ) and its is stabilized in power range to 5 deg of rotation ( controller use 3 hall sensors to determinate position of rotor) i have plenty of them this on pic is low power 12- 18 W
>>
>>1158203
CLK - speed in range 0 - 5khz depends on controller.
MMD - Direction CW / CCW
MMLD - Breaking
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.