[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Russian Watch Repair

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: Snapchat-1661472729.jpg (306KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1661472729.jpg
306KB, 720x1280px
I have a 17 Jewel Poljot Watch from before the fall of the USSR here, and the second hand fell of in the glass. All I need to do to fix it is remove the mechanism from the case and reafix it, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove the crown and stem. What screws do I have to undo, or is that tiny silver dot supposed to be pressed? I tried with a needle, but I don't want to force it.
>inb4 take it to a jeweler.
This is DIY.
>>
File: Snapchat-2027635371.jpg (206KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-2027635371.jpg
206KB, 720x1280px
>>1157104
Here is the front of the watch in case you need further help in identifying. (I went ahead and just removed the second hand from the case so I could continue using the watch.)
>>
>>1157104
It's the little button directly below where the stem enters the movement, but the crown has to be pulled out to the correct position for the mechanism to work.

Don't know what that position is so just fucking try them all.
>>
>>1157117
Mission Accomplished.
Thank you very much!
>>
>>1157104
You know how many of my customers try to do their own watch (and occasional jewelry repair) then wind up spending 3 or 4x what they would have had they brought it to me in the first place?

I lost count because I love saying I told you so

-A jeweler
>>
File: 1491515381338.gif (212KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
1491515381338.gif
212KB, 501x585px
>>1157179
>-A (((jeweler)))
>>
>>1157179
Well, I spent $0 on this one, so I would have spent $0/3-4 to get this fixed I suppose. Wish I had known.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.