[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bottle string machine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: sodastring.jpg (43KB, 649x428px) Image search: [Google]
sodastring.jpg
43KB, 649x428px
why on earth does mine not work at all as
https://youtu.be/L7sS0nTnU70?t=166
if anything it should work better

mine can only produce miserable tiny strips
kinda frusterated because literally any diy i attempt fails
>>
Make it like the video. Your pieces of 2x4 are probably binding against the bottle and bending/ weakening the plastic.
>>
>>1157063
Fucking hell. Me also. Dont give up

https://youtu.be/-1_PZCiumF4
>>
>>1157063
>>1157069
Rotate blade 45 deg in same plane, and contour one of the 2x4 to the inside curvature of the bottles
>>
>>1157063
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMxquIjKT1w

Consider finding a pdf of the pioneering merit badge. They explain a lot.
>>
>>1157199
>How to make your own rope.
>Step one: Buy rope.

Welp.
>>
>>1157063
THAT'S NOT ROPE
AAAAAAAAHHH
>>
>>1157063
Why would you waste valuable time doing this? What do you do with the ribbon?
>it's rope
I'm with >>1157269, that is not rope by any definition.
>>
You could heat seal it with a electric hair crimper.. modify the heating element to small contact points.
>>
>>1157269
>Why would you waste valuable time doing this?

Seems like a great way to make quick tomato ties for pretty much no cost.
>>
File: 6Tmlrzw.jpg (74KB, 736x985px) Image search: [Google]
6Tmlrzw.jpg
74KB, 736x985px
>>1157063
From what I can deduce from your picture, the ribbon has a lot of room to wiggle and sway, and that's why you get a kill cut. Even the video you showed, the guy's cut quality is terrible and inconsistent, the video even ends with showing a really broad segment way fatter than the rest.
This is because there's too much wiggle room where the plastic meets the cutter, and because the bottle is unsupported and allowed to move wherever it wants.

Squeeze those two blocks closer together, not so much that the plastic won't move at all but just enough that there is good tolerance, and add an upright rod to your rig that you can sit the bottle on so you're not dicking around with it. IMO also lose the screws you're using to hold the blade, and make a cut with a hand or bandsaw, and sink the blade into that. You can then use a screw or two to secure it in there.
>>
>>1157844
>Seems like a great way to make quick tomato ties for pretty much no cost.

anon if the hour of your time to build this contraption, trouble shoot it and run your bottles through it
is worth less than $1 to buy some
https://www.aliexpress.com/item//32760513627.html

than you might wanna consider saving up those precious bottles so one day you'll have enough to build a raft
and can finally escape your shitty continent towards Europe across the Mediterranean sea
>>
File: happy merchant.webm (687KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
happy merchant.webm
687KB, 480x360px
>>1158055
>buyfags
>>
File: 5HKm7Tv.jpg (85KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
5HKm7Tv.jpg
85KB, 900x900px
>>1158089
NEETfags
>>
>>1158089
I will have u know anon i clicked thos and violently almost choke to death on the shitter. Naked.
Asshole
>>
>>1158049
Oh wow that is a cool sculpture. I've been thinking about making one out of clay and electronics but couldn't come up with a good angle for showing the inside of the head, this is perfect. You wouldn't happen to know source and/or artist, would you?
>>
>>1158641
Nope, sorry brah
>>
>>1158089
>buying sugary cuckwater
>>
>>1157063
Give some angle to the blades.
>>
>>1159273
>have friends to buy it all the time

That plus it works with everything from shampoo bottles to laundry detergent bottles. They don't even need to be round.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.