[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shower mixer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 434507.jpg (46KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
434507.jpg
46KB, 1024x1024px
I am guessing this is what you call them, the device where you control the temperature and flow of the water in the shower.

I am looking to get a new one and I can't understand the prices.
How come they are so expensive, around 90-150usd?

It's basically just valves to control the flow of the cold/warm water, isn't it?

What am I missing here.
>>
They are hand made by the last remaining member of the Xaitongmoinan order of monks. It must be CNC milled by an ox-powered gear and pulley contraption using an animal of a specific age and temperament. Hand rolled, individually blessed PTFE granules form the seals. Then it must be assembled with telekinesis. Then it is pressure tested by a virgin boy who must swim to the bottom of the Couwomo and attach it to the Void Portal. If the magic holds the water inside the lake, the artifact is complete. If not, the mountain and the Order will fall into the Void and all is lost. This makes them extremely coveted possessions both in mainland China and Hong Kong, where people are known to murder their siblings for one.
>>
>>1156015

It's a luxury, non-consumable, "home-centric" item. They ALWAYS carry a hefty premium. I'm surprised you can find them as cheap as $100, DESU.
>>
>>1156015
Kek. Im about to use 2 shower heads and several gate valves so the wife and i can set shit the way we want and have our own off and ons. Fucking hate my knobs... just gotta find a setup that doesnt look gay or hide my knobs under the sink.

Dunno.

Having a shitty old house sucks dick...
>>
>>1156041
First sentence made me laugh
>>
>>1156015

Dunno how they work exactly, but they are thermostats. It's not simply a fixed set of valves.
>>
File: 15.png (38KB, 583x380px) Image search: [Google]
15.png
38KB, 583x380px
>>1156118
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressure-balanced_valve

They are fully mechanical. This is how they work, ie. Tibetan monk magic
>>
>>1156015
>>1156118
This. They aren't just valves anymore. Since the mid 90s or whatever, they must have an anti-skald balancer in them. You also don't want a shitty one because replacing it involves tearing your wall apart to get at it usually

$80-100 isn't even a nice one. That's just decent. The nice ones right now have ceramic valves, which seems insane to me lm. They last a 'lifetime' but that's only 15 years, then you need to replace it and it's like $300 if they still make the valve.
>>
Plain Delta, Moen, Kohler are still decent but cheap, and parts are common and cheap, easy to replace
Raw valve/rough in/ no trim for a simple delta: reliable but cheap, as low as $35
You can get a whole kit, valve/trim/showerhead/spout for a tub/shower install for $75

They do make nicer ones that are more expensive, but for instance, the delta antiscald delta shower valve: the cartridge is only like $30 if it ever goes out, though normally you can just replace seats and springs in it for under 5 if you DIY

HansGrohe and Danze are fuckoff retarded expensive for no reason.
One customer, had flush wall mounted HansGrohe, thermostatic valve (set the temp and it stays that way even if incoming water changes temp), then on/flowrate/off valve, and dual shower divertor valve: 2 shower heads mounted separately and can run either or both
I looked at the price list and purchase order for the original shit
For what amounts to 2 shower heads, one on a hose/wand, and the 3 handled valve system, it ran them like 5,000 when they had it done.

Not the whole shower/tile/glass/drain/etc.
No.
Just the valve system and shower heads ran more than some used cars. I think that whole bathroom ran more than 15K installed
BTW, lowes carries a HansGrohe shower system for $3,300+
Even with a tankless heater, how long do you spend in a shower (not tub/etc) to need to spend that much?
>>
>>1156208
I DIY'ed that sort of setup in my bathroom. Replaced the old tub with an extra large shower. Nice Delta mixers and showerheads at each end. I think it cost around $1500 by the time I was done. Money well spent. Showering in that is a glorious feeling. My lady friend and I spend quite a bit of time in there...
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.