[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could you do it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 00000000.jpg (41KB, 791x746px) Image search: [Google]
00000000.jpg
41KB, 791x746px
Hi. is it possible to you kind /diy/ sir to identify this board?

I want to know what is on it, what are the main component.

This belong to a project I think FAKE!
>>
Silicon, aluminum, copper and fiberglass. Looks legit to me.
>>
File: 0000001.png (1000KB, 5273x4973px) Image search: [Google]
0000001.png
1000KB, 5273x4973px
Let's get some number to get the thing easy.

In my opinion:
1 could be sensors and/or regulation
2 some memory for MCU
3 seem to be 48 pins MCU
4 ?? soldering pads for more chip
5 ?? idem 4
>>
>>1155853
Thanks anon we almost there :)
>>
>>1155852
that is definitely real electronic components.
>>
>>1155852
Got me op. Wtf is that supposed to be
>>
>>1155880
Looks like a 3D printed Lipo power bank, maybe the USB out(s) are on the other side of the board facing away? The bit to the right looks like a Lipo anyways. OP did it make your Galaxy 7 explode?
>>
>>1155880
Some connected drumsticks. But I want to be sure and not surprised if I invest in pre-buy.

It 's supposed to get back hit data and transmit to smartphone in order to build midi file
>>
>>1155887
Nop. No prob with my galaxy.
>>
>>1155887
And yes it's 3D printed case.
>>
>>1155852
Could you get a clearer picture?

>>1155854
>In my opinion:
>1 could be sensors and/or regulation
If power enters via the USB plug above the regulator would be close. So it could be 1 or the unmarked chip to the right of the USB plug.

The strange thing is that there are many solder pads extending from 1 to the left edge, normally not a good idea unless these are intended for an edge connector which would still be weird.

>2 some memory for MCU
>3 seem to be 48 pins MCU
Probably. And it might be the clock crystal up right from 3.

>4 ?? soldering pads for more chip
Or perhaps a shielded can for an RF component. Again strange solder pads extending to the edge.

>5 ?? idem 4
An optional chip area. The 3 x 3 area inside might be thermal vias in which case there is a hot running chip opposite of 5.
>>
>>1155890
Interesting.

Do they not work?

Also be careful on the prebuy pricate placement memorandums.

Kickstarters seem to be accepted but if u really put skin in you will want to be an acredited investor.

The SEC scares me more than crooked cops...
>>
>>1155894
>>1155890
>3D printed drumsticks
3D prints aren't strong enough, are they?
>>
>>1156137
Completely depends on the material type, quality, print settings, print environment (room the printer is in, literally), printer quality/calibration, and the direction of stress relative to the direction of the layers.

Poorly printed is a good sign of poor calibration, conditions, and possibly materials. In those cases, very few materials will be strong. Maybe pla. That's it.
>>
>>1156137
Nononono. The sensor casing is, for the prototype, 3d printed. The drumstick is your own.
>>
>>1156021
>Do they work?
I don't know, that's the question... They give just one video demo and one photo of the inside
>>
>>1156007
>Clearer picture?
No sorry. I think this is a commercial board and someone could have recognized it here on /diy.
>>
Name of the project is drumistic right
>>
>>1155852
I can hack that board no problem I am a hacking pro I know forth
>>
>>1156368
So where does the sensor go? In the drum and plugged into your computer? What does it do?
>>
File: 0000321.jpg (57KB, 577x697px) Image search: [Google]
0000321.jpg
57KB, 577x697px
>>1156416
The sensors are on feet and on the sticks. It's odd to me. I can't figure it out how could a so small electronic board could work. I see no gyro/accel or bluetooth module. No app demo.
>>
>>1156507
fucking hipster shit my guess
>>
File: 22222.jpg (38KB, 648x427px) Image search: [Google]
22222.jpg
38KB, 648x427px
how could it work if nothing on it??
>>
Isn't it just a microcontroller and a charging protection circuit
>>
>>1156510
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/Bosch-Sensortec/BMA250E/828-1040-1-ND/4196687
2.0x2.0mm for an accelerometer could totally fit there

Cpu/bluetooth is w
Also just one tiny chip.
>>
I'd be really curious in seeing how they actually determine where you're hitting, since the acceleration sensor only measures relative motion.
>>
>>1156605
Calibration is mentioned. They could achieve this using a magnet and magnetometers in the sensor package.
>>
>>1156612
Would it be fast enough ? I mean magnetometer work well for a change of a couple of meter right?
>>
>>1156605
It's just like inertial GPS.
>>
>>1156371
what?

just post the link you stupid piece of shit, if you want help

is it this dumb thing?http://news.bpmsupreme.com/introducing-freedrum-virtual-drum-kit-app/
>>
>>1156674
http://mashable.com/2016/11/20/drumkit-that-fits-in-your-pocket/#gPvWjn3PJEq3

looks like a shit version of the teensy desu
>>
Huhh, is it supposed to be something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CavlglPYVvQ
>>
File: f.gif (90KB, 700x1014px) Image search: [Google]
f.gif
90KB, 700x1014px
>>1157344
yes it work the same, but you should be able to play on a real drum, because air druming is fucking your arms bad. The use that keep my attention is that you can obtain a midi file from the app. But why don't freedrum didn't already make it? Why if it work (and I saw many videos where the thing false/no trigger) in the air it couldnt work on a real drum??

Somebody could evaluate the feasibility of a electronic device that aquire correctly data from hitting zones on a real drum, all based on a on-drumstick sensor??

link from the project: http://www.drumistic.com/
>>
>>1157399
I'm not a drummer but i would imagine that would be terrible to play with anyway. Seems like it so of throw everything off.

It's not as cool if they have a wire, bit it seems like itd make way more sense to just have a sensor on a wire you could tape to your stick, then plug into the brains/battery/synthesizer that turns it into midi or whatever.
>>
IMO, >No.1156007 has it
1) Looks like a power/voltage regulator + something else, you will usually see these on a board to make sure that the micro-controller is getting its required voltage range. There is another small chip near the microusb port that could be the regulator, or another regulator.
The little pads on the far left are probably COB components for power regulation.

2) Not sure. Could be memory, could be a wi-fi or blue-tooth chip....on a related note, I don't see an wireless antenna printed on this board, although it could be on the underside.

3) Main micro-controller 100%

4) No idea. Looks like a slot for a missing component

5) I cant tell at this resolution, but it looks like this is also a missing component. I've seen accelerometers with a similar 3x3 configuration, so it could be that.

Overall, from just this picture there is no way to tell if this is a scam, but this project is definitely possible, and not too difficult. I'd check out the team working on it for a better idea if it will take off.
>>
Well, as far as feasibility goes I don't think this is especially difficult or unrealistic electronics-wise. You can bet that they'll rush the software and then disappear, though.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.