[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Earbud repair

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: what-are-earbuds-300x285.jpg (13KB, 300x285px) Image search: [Google]
what-are-earbuds-300x285.jpg
13KB, 300x285px
Earbud repair
>>
>>1155495
Doesn't sound immediately cost-effective (or possible) unless you have a connector issue.
>>
Good thread
>>
>>1155495
what about it?
>>
>>1155495
>>1155520
The connector issue then i guess?
>>
>>1155522
strip wires and solder on new connector?
>>
Remove mesh inside the earbuds, if you have worn them a lot...
>>
>>1155495
Earbuds are good, it's the retard OP.
>>
don't buy a pair worth more than $20

buy a new pair whenever the old ones fuck up.
>>
>>1155495
What's the best in-ear earphones to get for the best value?
>>
>>1155820
Don't think you will get fabulous sound our of 1qcm pieces...
Still, the more you pay, the better they are.
But I won't give more than 20€ for one pair.
Right now I use Xiaomi Hybrid. Repaired all my old ones too, but that are now my backups.
>>
>>1155495
Not worth the hassle. Buy lasting headphones or keep buying replaceable earbuds. The main problem is making an insulated solder joint that's thin enough and strong enough. Heatshrink doesn't lock too bad on the outside, but you can't get the stuff thin enough for the individual conductors. Each strand of copper wire is a pain to solder too, half because of its pitiful gauge and half because of its shitty nylon reinforcement.

Also there's a reason this is on the bingo board.
>>
>>1155820
I've settled on buying Philips ~8€. They last for about half a year of heavy duty usage. After which I just get another pair. They seem to be getting cheaper in time.
>>
>>1155820
>>1155952
You guys need to buy a few pais of KZ-ATE, there is no single sound-quality competitor even close to the price you get them for ($15 max). Also they're lasting me more than half a year now, and they (at least the connector) seem to degrade less quickly than my old $60 sennheisers with about the same sound quality.
>>
>>1155820
The best (quality) in-ears for the best VALUE (performance per dollar) are probably a set of the discontinued Shure E4C circa 2006
>>
>>1155495
Not worth it unless it's a connector issue, especially if you have a cheap pair. If you decide to buy something expensive, buy a pair with replaceable cables.

I have a pair I really liked, but the cable failed. Installed MMCX connectors so I can use a replaceable cable.
>>
>>1156976
I will try these next time I need new. Right now I am using brand new ones, and I had one bundled with mit HTC10 that should be okay too.

I just can't throw away the worn ones with defective ones connector... Three are waiting for repairs...
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.