[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is electricity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

File: 1490544462241.png (10KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1490544462241.png
10KB, 128x128px
What is electricity
>>
electron city
>>
>>1155226
What me and your mom did last nite
>>
File: 1302151428350.gif (994KB, 232x227px) Image search: [Google]
1302151428350.gif
994KB, 232x227px
angry pixies hopping from electron shell to electron shell
>>
A series of tubes.
>>
Electricity is the spark you feel when that special someone looks you in the eyes and admits thier love to you

and when you're in bed they attach a car battery to your nipples
>>
>>1155226
electrons is a thing that passes through stuff, like heat, when there is a difference in pressure and a conductive path, electrons will move, like heat moving from hot thing to cold thing... but instead of just hot and cold, it also makes things go magnetic i.e. generate movement, and hot i.e. generate heat, and smart i.e. computers

your brain works on electricity
>>
>>1155260
Without some sort of transformer the car battery meme is a joke. It would burn the shit out of u probably. And cable clamps alone would hurt like shit
>>
>>1155250
> OP asks for definition of " electricity "
> anon defines " internets "

The cancer that's killing /diy/
>>
File: 1352531640932.jpg (154KB, 1000x1310px) Image search: [Google]
1352531640932.jpg
154KB, 1000x1310px
>>1155226
>>
>>1155260
So I can simulate love with a car battery and jumper cables?
>>
>>1155396

Yes...yes you can...

>Don't forget to ground your nut sack first...
>>
>>1155226
The home town of Electric Avenue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtPk5IUbdH0
>>
File: Pixie.png (448KB, 579x938px) Image search: [Google]
Pixie.png
448KB, 579x938px
>>1155226
Really fast running magical pixies.
>>
>>1155226
It's the orgasms of Benjamin Franklin getting a BJ while flying a kite
Shit was so cash
>>
>>1155396
You can simulate a majority of experiences with a car battery and jumper cables.
>>
>>1155228
.. We built this city on waaaaatt aaaaand voooolt
>>
>>1155422
>Really fast running magical pixies.
not really
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbi7gJTPSXk
>>
>>1155388
Source on this retarded shit?
>>
why is this /b tier thread still up?
>>
A sort of atomic energy
>>
>>1155226
Schoolhouse rock got ya covered.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLuPNThw0RE
>>
File: holy-bible.png (51KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
holy-bible.png
51KB, 300x232px
>>1155544
>>
I am not sure but I do know that if you have 90° traces on your pcb that the electrons will fall out and that ic's don't work without magic smoke, if the magic smoke escapes, the ic is dead
>>
>>1155226
Small atoms, well, their charges, moving to other atoms which can be called the flow of electricity.
>>
>>1155226
A dark thing that shines bright.
>>
Space magic demon juice.
>>
>>1156449
*tips fedora*
>>1155544
Looks like your generic shitty 90's educational kids book
>>
>>1157137
Correction
90s CHRISTIAN educational book

>not noticing the Jesus reading at the bottom
>>
File: Snapchat6139102189036034093_0.jpg (548KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat6139102189036034093_0.jpg
548KB, 1080x1920px
it's basically physics
so atoms have some charge
and like there's a system for transferring those charges that God created
which doesn't matter because who fucking cares about electrons they're like smaller than cells and dumb as fuck

but turns out, you can transfer those charges, and that means you can use them for WORK ie electrons are your slaves. So people decided
>holy shit this is way better than transferring Africans across the ocean wtf I love physics now
so the metals industries won at life yet again and people starting playing around with ways to transfer and manipulate electrons, because those little bitches are now useful to perform tasks, such as making light, heat, communications, motors etc and we love toys/tools, they make you play God

but because it's physics, it's all complicated and messy, because physics has this obsession with energy and stuff, and you actually have to care about what atoms you're dealing with, because of the charges, remember? so you have to be a nerd and learn the stupid rules physics makes you follow, like law of thermodynamics and that other one about equal but opposite reaction and stuff because those electrons have a girlfriend and her name is magnetism, and magnetism is a force, so you have to follow the force rules, like Star Wars. Electrons like to bring balance to the Force.

Luckily for you, alot of nerds already wasted their lives documenting all these rules and attributes, and every idiot knows copper is electrons' favorite car (silver is cooler but all the poorfags would rip everything apart and die trying to get it and gold is fucking gold so they use melted flakes on computers and stuff because silver gets old and ugly which is why it is 2nd best girl) so you just have to study and remember maths and formulas, like Pokemon
>>
Its the flow. Also a job. Also what runs the world.
Tesla bless
>>
>>1155226
Electrons do not exist, there is no proof of it still to this day. It is a "field" that is to say it is the absence of space (matter or mass). It is the induction of magnetism that in turn inducts the dielectric plane ("space", although space does not exist it's fucking complicated like that), and this results in "electricity". All forms of electricity are generated by a magnet which is usually driven in rotation by another power source, it does not spin itself because the magnetic flux of the generator will not allow it to do so (no free energy). The passing of these magnetic fields compressing and bending into one another is where the energy comes from and the energy of the dielectric plane rotating in between those magnetic fields is what makes them repel. Also the dielectric plane in between the magnetic fields is what light is. This is why the only things we can harness from electricity is light, magnetism and the conversion of magnetism into mechanical energy.

Hope this helps
>>
>>1157137
You seem like the kind of person who wears a fedora unironically.
>>
>>1157281
>All forms of electricity are generated by a magnet which is usually driven in rotation by another power source
So I create electricity when I rub my magnetic feet on the carpet, or I'm rubbing my feet on a magnetic carpet, or both? Why are there more magnets in the carpet when it gets cold out?
>>
>>1155503
god damn it
>>
>>1157290
thats one of the great mysteries that we still haven't found out
>>
>>1157290
there is no creation of anything, only moving it (electricity) from where it is to where it isn't. Everything is magnetic because everything is made of atoms. There is not more "magnets" when it's cold out, only more places for it to go to because the colder things get the less they move. Heat goes from where it is to where it isn't and the same rule for electricity kind of applies. There is more energy in the form of heat (induction of electricity) inside your house than outside and that heat (induced electricity) wants to escape.
>>
>>1157317
cont. So when it's warm outside the temperature difference is less, therefore less static from the carpet (moisture might affect it too).
>>
>>1157317
Are you still in high school? You know you have to be 18 to post here right?

> There is more energy in the form of heat (induction of electricity) inside your house than outside and that heat (induced electricity) yadda yadda yadda

But didn't you say

>the only things we can harness from electricity is light, magnetism and the conversion of magnetism into mechanical energy.

I didn't see heat (induced electricity) on that list. Also, if everything is magnetic because it's made of atoms, why isn't aluminum magnetic? What about water? And don't say that an oxygen atom is magnetic just because it has a high electronegativity; they're not the same thing.

Seriously, it's like you're trying to learn the basics of physics by explaining it to us poorly.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>1157410
>I didn't see heat (induced electricity) on that list. Also, if everything is magnetic because it's made of atoms, why isn't aluminum magnetic? What about water? And don't say that an oxygen atom is magnetic just because it has a high electronegativity; they're not the same

Funny you mention water:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMDRqKmqVNs

And surprisingly you mention aluminum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0YCTwWvykw

Both of which are affected by magnets. You're confusing me mentioning magnetism in a way that only ferrous materials apply. Perhaps I should have elaborated by stating that everything is INFLUENCED by magnetism, not magnetic. Sorry for that.
Also what do you think keeps those hydrogen/helium atoms in a straight line in the large hadron collider/ any particle accelerator? Answer: COLD (SPACE,I.E: NOTHING, "INSULATION" if you will) and the MAGNETIC flux of a halback array. There is "Diamagnetism" and "Paramagnatism" which are present in ALL MATTER, but we only know what WHAT THEY DO (they are influenced by MAGNETISM) not what they're compromised of or what they really are.

What is heat? Heat is merely fast traveling/spinning atoms spinning about in a space. LIGHT gives heat(but remember light is just the dielectric plane between magnetic fields) and VELOCITY gives heat. Both the INDUCTED dielectric plane and VELOCITY of said plane are influenced by MAGNETISM and comes in the form of "electricity" to your house which powers your heater. A coil with a lot of RESISTANCE is charged with that electricity and is called an INDUCTION coil (funny how the name of it also has the word INDUCTION in it). Then a fan blows cold air from the room through this coil which heats it up and blows it out. The electricity "disperses" into your house because all the heater is essentially doing is moving the atoms in it at a higher rate. And all that electricity came from an AC Generator WHICH IS JUST A BUNCH OF FUCKING MAGNETS THAT SPIN.
>>
>>1155232
Ohm law!
>>
Electricity is a form of eccentricity which is a form of autism.
>>
>>1157410
>Checks this is a DIY forum and not a physics lesson...

Electricity is something that makes your power tools work.
>>
>>1155226
seperated charges.
Sometimes these seperated charges get connected with resistance in between so they do work for us while reuniting.
>>
>>1157432
fucking roasted
>>
>>1157410
nigga wot, water is magnetic as hell

how do you think MRIs work?

Every atom is magnetic because the electron orbits create current, and thus a magnetic dipole is formed. These eddy currents sum up to a net zero current in paramagnetic and diamagnetic materials.
>>
>>1157432
>>1157432
If the magnet wasn't moving or the magnetic flux varying you would not feel attraction or the magnet slowing down. Heat is defined as transfer of energy, not as movement of atoms. I don't even know what the fuck you wrote after that.
>>
>>1157857
>>
>>1157317
Still not understanding how static electricity is formed by rotating a magnet here. Last time I checked, static electricity is formed by separating two insulators, then forms a slight magnetic field when it discharges.
>>
>>1158608
So Thor is autistic?
>>
>>1158829
Thor's hammer is physically autistic therefore it behaves so differently than anything else and has super powers, Thor just weaponized it
>>
>>1158747

>If the magnet wasn't moving or the magnetic flux varying you would not feel attraction or the magnet slowing down.

What?

>Heat is defined as transfer of energy, not as movement of atoms. I don't even know what the fuck you wrote after that.

Well maybe if you bothered to google the capitalized terms I used you might have a clue as to what I was on about.
Jesus fucking Christ do I really have to break it down even further. I don't give a shit what you define heat as, you can say it is energy or you can say it's velocity, speed, temperature, etc...it doesn't matter because in the end the only thing that causes heat is SOMETHING LIKE ATOMS AND MAGNETIC FIELDS that are MOVING faster relative to absolute zero. No really, if you can find a heater that will heat your house by doing absolutely nothing please be my guest.
Lets say that it's now magically zero fucking kelvin outside. In this environment absolutely nothing can exist because that would defeat the purpose of it being zero kelvin. Nothing can move, nothing can be. This is why space has absolutely no properties and technically doesn't even exist. There is always SOMETHING, whether it be a stray helium atom or whatever in this space and it will emit a MAGNETIC field in the voids. The spaces between these fields is INCOMMENSURABLE(google this term in depth PLEASE) and is called the dielectric plane or "bloch wall". Also all these particles are moving at a universal scale, to just "stop" one of them would have a catastrophic effect if not contained properly.
>>1158775
TL:DR imbalances in electrical charges of faster/slower moving atoms because of the slower atoms outside and the faster atoms inside your warm house. A magnet "moves" the "static electricity" in a closed circuit that we can control. Other than the energy that we use to power this large motor filled with magnets, the electricity comes from "nowhere" essentially, the rotating magnets are essentially just acting like an electricity funnel.
>>
>>1158893
The changing magnetic flux creates eddy currents on the plate that in turn make the magnet attracted to them. This is literally usually in physics 3 in most universities. But you don't need to be in one to comprehend it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BeFoz3Ypo4

And you clearly are thinking heat and temperature are the same thing, they are not. Kelvin is a measure of temperature, not heat. Heat is measured in joules, because it's energy.
>>
>>1155226
Stressed electrons, If they would do yoga or smoke enough weed they would just stay and chill around
>>
>>1158962
I said "rotating magnets", I should have at least mentioned the part about them being alternating poles, so sorry for that confusing statement. You could have the copper or the alternating arrangement of magnets spinning, both ways would work.

Temperature is a measurement and heat is energy yes I know... Don't know where you were going with this. I was just proving to this guy >>1158893
that atoms and magnetism are what heat is dependent i.e. transfer medium and magnetic field decay (time).
>>
>>1159032
i meant to quote this guy:
>>1158747
>>
So, this person appears to be saying all electricity or magnetism is based solely in electrons or even whole atoms?

What do you say about the other 2 generations of the electron, muon and tau?

More importantly however, what do you have to say about things that are neither leptons or atoms?
Elementary particles that possess charge and react to magnetic fields, their paths changing, as shown in bubble chambers in particle accelerators?
quarks, w and z bosons for instance? and don't forget a shitton list of mesons suitable for every holiday and celebration
>>
>>1157281
>All forms of electricity are generated by a magnet which is usually driven in rotation by another power source
So chemical reactions that kick electrons around, create voltage potential, or shift around positive hydrogen ions AKA protons (remember things like proton pumps from grade school biology?)
-are all run by rotating magnets.
photon kicks electron out of stable orbit in atom, the photovoltaic effect: solar panels running my tv, photosynthesis
-even more tiny generators and rotating coils or magnets

Is this why I have to shake up my AAA batteries in the remote before it produces electricity? oh wait...

>This is why the only things we can harness from electricity is light, magnetism and the conversion of magnetism into mechanical energy.

So if you use electricity, electrical charge, and magnetic fields to smash 2 things together (particle accelerators) and the energy turns into other particles that weren't originally there, do you call that light, magnetism, or mechanical energy?
Does antimatter production count as light, magnetism or mechanical energy?
>>
>>1157317
>>1157432
>>1158893
i feel like im reading a schizophrenic fever dream journal trying to make sense of this shit

>Heat goes from where it is to where it isn't and the same rule for electricity kind of applies. There is more energy in the form of heat (induction of electricity) inside your house than outside and that heat (induced electricity) wants to escape.

i feel like youre getting electric potential, dipoles, and entropy all mixed up in some fucky way. im too high to try breaking everything down rn but please dont spew this shit when you clearly dont understand it

>>1157290
>>1157307
to answer this question, your feets rubbing against the carpet create a triboelectric charge. its basically the electrons from one material being stripped away and added to the electron shells of the other material. once this charge differential becomes great enough to bridge the air gap between materials, you get a spark. as for why theres more static when its cold, its because theres less moisture in the air. cooler air cant be as saturated with water vapor as warm air, and less water vapor means less conductivity and a higher charge differential (more static buildup) before bridging the same gap between materials .
>>
what about acid batteries
>>
File: Dracula_r.jpg (28KB, 300x382px) Image search: [Google]
Dracula_r.jpg
28KB, 300x382px
>>1155226
A miserable little pile of secrets.
>>
>>1155226
electrons moving from atom to atom to get to an area of lesser negativity.
>>
>>1155340
the way they really do it is attach one end to toe and other to sponge they dip in water and rub on your body
>>
File: 108175751.jpg (125KB, 338x507px) Image search: [Google]
108175751.jpg
125KB, 338x507px
>>1159099
>>
>>1155226
Motherfuckin Magic
>>
This thread is hilarious.

Also, from what I remember in physics:
Free electrons flow from atom to atom in a wire.
These electrons flow because of the voltage being created instantly across all connected routes, which gives the illusion of current flowing fast, but really electrons flow through the wires very slowly.

Resistance is essentially atoms that don't have as many free electrons in the outer shell to move around, or they are connected to too many other atoms by valence bonds.
An insulator is one in which there is absolutely no free electrons to move around, which can happen in any material as long as it is dense enough. (even the most conductive materials being coerced in to extremely high densities and all electrons become trapped unable to dance the dance)

How or what voltage is, I have no fucking clue.
That was never explained and even today when i read it, I still haven't the slightest clue.
>>
>>1161493
voltage is the cumulative force of attraction between electrons and the vacant spots in electron shells, right? it takes force to "lift" the electrons out of atoms and create a voltage difference, so the voltage across that difference is the force of the electrons tugging to get back to their comfy neutral positions

at least thats what makes sense in my head when thinking about it
>>
Hi. Electricity is simply the net flow of electrons through a conducting medium (ex: copper wire, semiconductor, mercury). In the case of solid conductors and semi-conductors, all atoms are arranged into an organized crystalline lattice.

Remember valence electrons from high school? Electrons are the little charged whizzy elementary particles that exist in "shells" around an atom's nucleus. When the atoms are in a close packed lattice their outer valence electrons can sort of jump into a shared pool of mobile electrons (conduction bands). These mobile electrons in the conduction band are weakly tied to their host atom at any given time, and so when there is an electric field in the material (voltage) they drift in the direction of the electric field. Electricity motherfuckers
>>
test
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.