[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Digital Time Capsule

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 13.jpg (2MB, 1800x1384px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
2MB, 1800x1384px
Is there a reliable way to send yourself a video from now and receive it in your gmail or something years from now?

Some time ago I saw a thread where it was asked what would your younger self tell your actual self. and it kinda stuck on me that I didn't actually know. So now I'm about to turn 22, last year of college, and want to make a video where I talk about my current situation and what I want to achieve, and also ask myself where did everything go right/wrong, even if I won't get an answer now.

The idea is to then receive it and rewatch it when I turn either 27 or 30, to see how much things changed in those 5-8 years, leading to either a dopamine rush and feeling good for what I got, or a severe depression because my ideals went to shit; both cases most likely ending with rain inside my room.

If I'm still around to see it by then, that is.

Anyway, I did some previous googling, and the only apparently reliable way was to use use an app only available for iOS(only have android phone), and almost none regarding actual, non-mobile methods.

Of course, I could just go the easy way and save the video on a pendrive/SD, store it somewhere safe, and watch it when time's up, but I might end up forgetting or something might happen to it, and then it'll all be for nothing. And I also think it's kinda cooler to receive a mail from your younger self.

Either way, any ideas?
>>
>>1154606
Not a clue op. But bump for interest.
>>
Post video on throw-away youtube acct. as unlisted.

send it to yourself on https://www.futureme.org

ive done this and gotten several past emails. feels spooky man
>>
>>1154606

I actually write a diary to my future self in a .txt file describing the date, what's going on currently and what i'm thinking about. It feels a bit "lonely" while writing it DESU. When reading the stuff back 3 years later or so the feeling you get is mostly "oh yeah, i remember that". Would be more useful if there as a way for your future self to write to your present self...

On the subject of time-capsules - i've noticed that the older they are, the more boring they are. Anything before 1900 is usually stuff like dried out plants and old newspapers. At most old photos... Go forward a bit to the 1950's and it gets much more interesting - in 1957 they buried a whole Plymouth car that was intended to be unearted in 2007. As you can see in pic related, they didn't do a great job insulating the concrete capsule, so water managed to leak through.
>>
make gmail account, give it long ass string name and long ass string password, upload video, take note of password and account name, put it on an envelope, close it, save it at the bottom of the drawer
>>
>>1154606
I could program a little website that could do this. It's a cool idea.
>>
>>1155515
OP here, I might just try this, thanks.
>>
>>1155541
>Would be more useful if there as a way for your future self to write to your present self...
This. Although the other one would be alright for self reflection.
>>
>>1154606
I guess you could use amazon glacier to store your video and stuff
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.