[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hobby CNC-Machines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: x-carve.png (578KB, 1259x594px) Image search: [Google]
x-carve.png
578KB, 1259x594px
So whats the best hobby cnc machine out there ?
i have like 1K-1,5K€ to spend on a cnc-machine but i just cant decide between them all
these generic 6040z cnc machines off of ebay ?
an x-carve ?
i have no clue
it will mostly process aluminium
>>
Cheap hobby CNC routers tend to be awful for working with aluminium.
They can cut it, for sure, but very slowly and leaving lots of chatter marks due to poor machine rigidity.
>>
bumping
>>1154796
I want to work with wood exclusively. what choice do i have?
>>
>>1155842
build your own, its not like they are complex.
>>
File: PrintCNC.jpg (673KB, 2348x1600px) Image search: [Google]
PrintCNC.jpg
673KB, 2348x1600px
>>1154796
Another anon looking to roll her own here, can chatter be alleviated by running the gantries at a slower speed/lower "force" (reads, make the tool tip have a lighter touch onto the job)? Sure, it might take me 4 days to cut a part, but it would be nice to mill basic parts out of aluminium if I wish (this is designed primarily for wood and plastics)
>>
Im oboit to pull the trigger and buy parts to make my own plasma cnc, has anyone here have made one?

I will use stepper motors, chain and sprockets for movement.

Any tips?
>>
Just buy a deepgroove1? Unless you really need that huge workspace for some reason.
>>
File: 7.jpg (152KB, 1600x939px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
152KB, 1600x939px
X-CARVE is one of the simplest and easiest to build, but take a look at the OX machines.

I'm about to get the plates for mine water-cut in a local shop. I had to copy the design from scratch because the v-slot aluminum extrusions I have access to are not exactly the same as openbuilds.

>>1154796

This, also, even if you're going to have the aluminum parts cut professionally, it's much cheaper to have them cut with waterjet
>>
File: OX-Main-Picture-2-746x1000.jpg (223KB, 746x1000px) Image search: [Google]
OX-Main-Picture-2-746x1000.jpg
223KB, 746x1000px
Check this one, OP.

It fits your budget. As a controller you can simply use an Arduino and a few 1-axis Tb6560 modules.

It can cut aluminum if you're patient and don't mind the noise.

http://ooznest.co.uk/OX-CNC-Mechanical-Kit
>>
>>1155980
>stepper motors

Git the ones with planetary reduction gearbox for high torque and accuracy
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.