[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DoomsDay Prepping /DDP/ general-comfy edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

This is a general for sharing Tipps, tricks, and asking questions.

Question of the Day:
>Do you have a bunker? How deep? For how long are you preparing to stay?
>>
File: 1467655279678.gif (2MB, 419x292px) Image search: [Google]
1467655279678.gif
2MB, 419x292px
ATF pls go
>>
If you need a bunker you are too close to a target and will die horribly anyway.
>>
What is Google you stupid fuck? You aren't a serious prepper or you wouldn't ask here. Piss off.

/diy/ isn't /spoonfeed/
>>
>>>/trash/
>>
lynch yourself nigger
>>
File: old-man-shrug.jpg (9KB, 313x313px) Image search: [Google]
old-man-shrug.jpg
9KB, 313x313px
I dunno man.

I know a few doomsday prepper type people. They almost always seem to be overweight and spend most of their disposable income on ammo and canned foods, but live in the middle of the city. They don't know any of the most basic DIY type things, like how to purify water or repair simple electronics.

It seems like they'd be better off working on their physical abilities, but maybe I'm wrong.

If the whole world truly goes to shit, why would you want to be alive anyway? It's fun to fantasize about being some sort of wasteland wanderer, but in reality you'd probably just be prolonging your death by a few months. Everybody always assumes they'd be the ones to survive, and not stuck in traffic when whatever happens happens.

Why not spend your free time perfecting a skill or hobby instead of worrying your whole life about some potential disaster scenario? That way, when you get hit by a car and die, you at least spent your life doing something you enjoyed.
>>
>>1154192
Ok, putting my two cents on here. Sorry is this is /pol/ tier shit.

I don't have to worry about the Apocalypse, I'm in the US. If something happened (unlike the "prepped" believe), either the US completely goes in ruin or survives. The smartest idea isn't to make a bunker. It would be best to go to the central rural states for us. If you think nuclear fallout is happening, go ahead, but most situations will not call for a bunker.

Also, canning your food can be more harmful than good too you if you don't seal it correctly.
>>
>>1154192
> Comfy

When will this buzzword fucking die. Its like news reporters using the word "epic" to describe the opening of a local pool. Fuck off.
>>
Bump for interest.

By the way, is minerfag confirmed dead? What about granitefag?
>>
>>1154192
No. But i have started diging in my shit heap garage. Its 40 feet to my house. I will dig a trench and bury a concrete pipe. Then pour forms in my garage and house.
>>
File: 1480245519755s.jpg (7KB, 250x189px) Image search: [Google]
1480245519755s.jpg
7KB, 250x189px
>>1155079
Mfw most of my disposable income is in bullets and guns.

Mfw i am a fat shit

Mfw i live in town
>>
>>1155240
Topkek. As an actual miner i can vouch for this. Most people severly underestimate how heavy dirt is. Getting a leg pinned will hold you down even.
>>
>>1154192
Fire extinguishers and smoke detectors in home.
72 hour kit for everyone in family you want to live. Emergency rally points if phones go out. A few code words that can be left on a bulletin board/at rally points/ or used with the kids.
A person you trust your life with a hundred miles in every compass direction from your location.

Past that, your playing.
>>
>>1155240
Who was granitefag?
>>
>>1155079
It's pretty interesting bro and some people enjoy this type of stuff. I love to shoot and do basic survival activities. I was a boyscout. My wife is interested in this stuff and she's relatively apolitical and optimistic. Nothing wrong with people enjoying themselves over this type of fun.

>>1154874
Fuck off you cunt. Part of the fun of this board is getting to interact with fellow autists.
Alright OP, I'll discuss. I'm about to purchase a home in a white middle class neighborhood. It was built pre-1990's, can't remember how old it is. It's a brick house with a partially underground, livable basement. We have well water. My wife and I have a few guns. Two single shot shotguns, a 22lr, and a AK-47. We're saving to get three pistols of varying size and a .308 for sniping. We live 10 miles away from two possible targets. We will start saving non-perishables as soon as we get the house. We're also looking into crank radios, etc. Would we survive a blast or another disaster?
>>
>>1156175
I totally agree, I was more referring to people who spend their time worrying about this stuff without actually learning any of the skills that would be needed, and instead stock up on guns/ammo and constantly talk about how "they'll be the ones who make it, just wait and see".

Basic survival skills can be useful in any situation, apocalyptic or not. There's nothing quite like the feeling of starting a fire with nothing but wood, or fishing your dinner out of a river.

Heck, I'd like to move out into the woods myself one day with my wife. Maybe not with Dick Proenneke levels of self reliance, but it's something to be admired, certainly.

>>1155345
I dunno what to do about that.
>>
>>1154872
You have never heard of fallout
>>
>>1156281
Well, have yet to tegret being american. Never had a oroblem with having too many guns. And started a beach body 21 day diet or some such in January. Never cared to weigh myself as i was near 300 pounds. Cheat on it 1 time a week or less. Bout to punch a 3rd hole in my belt going in. First time i ever punched holes this direction...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.