[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rust

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 20170330_184122.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170330_184122.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Just got a home gym it is pretty rusty and i want to fix that. First scrape all the rust with a wire brush then wipe and spraypaint should be good right? I don't want the rust to mess with the structual integrity later on
>>
>>1153887
can you post pics of the rusty parts?
>>
>>1153887
giw us pics of the rusty parts
you can use a variety of methods
mentioned wire brush, sandpaper, wirewheel on enge grinder
or you can go chemo with rust remover
>>
>>1153887
If the chrome is rusting i would just remove the rust with steel wool. Its less harsh on the bar. With chromed objects rust usually pushes out of small cracks and looks worse than it really is. I dont know if spray paint is the answer, it looks tacky and could ruin your equipment depending what area you are painting. Look at galvanizing or even just applying a light oil to the metal. I know that sounds ghetto but seems less mickey mouse than spray paint.
>>
>>1153913
Don't oil chrome, especially with something like WD40. The oil actually lifts the plating off.

Its fine to oil Cast Iron though. Linseed oil is best.
>>
>>1153887
I'd use the wire brush and apply Ospho afterwards.
>>
>>1153887
Best bet is sandblast. Or green scrub sponge thing and primer. Unless u see holes or rust that eats paint u good. Stay swole bruh
>>
>>1153887

Use a rust neutralizer first. They sell them in cans and when sprayed on will convert any rust to primer.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.