[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

diy cpu case

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Has anyone made their own pc shell? Im in the process of building a pc and ive been looking into the cases but i honestly dont like many of them and i dont want to spend 1,000+ on a better one when i know its mostly a rip off. So i was looking into making my own. One maybe in pic related (not mine) but i like the clear look. If anyone has made their own, what were issues i should look for? Cost maybe? Also what are key components i should keep in mind.
Any advice helps.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (12KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
12KB, 300x225px
>>1153849
>diy cpu case
>cpu case
>>
File: 20170331_220914.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170331_220914.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>1153849
What do you want to make it out of? I've made a couple and I think wood is probably the easiest material to work with.
>>
I know absolutely jack shit about computers, the post
>>
>>1153854

its ok, we know OP is speshul. just humor the retard
>>
Casemodgod.com or something if they're still around. I havent made my own case but i painted and cut plexiglass windows into a case i found by the trash before you could buy them
>>
>>1153849
I suggest drilling out the rivets on an old case and using that to hold all your shit together. Other than that and covering a few in cloth i havent done much
>>
>>1154083
wood is heavy and a thermal insulator.
>>
>>1155702
Yeah, but it is easy to work with. And good ventalation should be fine. Never hesrd if anyone having problems.
>>
>>1155903
Actually a nice big walnut caae would be georgous
>>
Real computer forums are full of case mods and many are bretty cool.

All OP seeks is on the internet including drawings of the form factors he needs to understand do choose his design.
>>
>>1153849
http://www.instructables.com/id/The-PiBox/ I made this for a raspberry pi. I'd say start small, while buying a cheapo for the meantime. what are your build specs and what tools do you have access to? I was planning on building one using a water jet and laser cutter available at my techshop
>>
>>1153849
>1000+
Jesus christ what?

Also, just look for a fractal design case. They're sound dampened, usually don't have bullshit windows, and they're made of steel.
>>
I like the idea of having all the computer components nailed to a plank of wood. Dust protection would be a see-through plastic cover. I don't know about ventilation or heat reduction.
>>
File: 1491054610327.jpg (48KB, 540x338px) Image search: [Google]
1491054610327.jpg
48KB, 540x338px
>>1153849
Look for old broke old VCRs and vinyl players then gut them for cases. What I do is match up internal screw holes to an acrylic board and then drill mobo lifters into acrylic for the perfect fit.

Anyone be interested if I post a PI case/ home automation project as it's semi related?
>>
>>1153849
You can build it with whatever material you can work with (wood, glas, aluminium, plexiglass, plastic). Just see that you have the right holes to mount the board and the most important thing. Ventilation and heat management and where to place the power supply.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.