[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Plastic parts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (572KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
572KB, 3264x2448px
Pic related - how do people do this?
I mean, it's plastic but it has the 'real' left and right parts of a legit gamecube controller but then again the middle is a custom-made part, yet they're seamlessly fused together.
>>
They send cad designs to the factory and purchase a minimum order of 90,000 units. Some pretty heavy dedication for one unit.
>>
3d print and post process...
>>
the case was a real nintendo product

you would know if you bothered to google it before killing a thread for this
>>
>>1153654
still tho
how do you make those
>>
>>1153657
Nintendo sent a CAD design to an injection molding facility and they made it.
>>
File: Nintendo-64-Handheld-Console.jpg (68KB, 450x500px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-64-Handheld-Console.jpg
68KB, 450x500px
>>1153658
ok let me reiterate; something like this
See the back handles?
>>
>>1153661
Gee, I don't know, why don't you read the fucking build log you pulled the image from?

http://www.instructables.com/id/Portable-Nintendo-64/
>>
The way i see it OP takes random images that depict plastic parts that look like their are somehow cut apart and molten together leaving a perfect surface finish on the plastic.
So he wants to know if this is possible
>>
>>1153661
there are literally pictures of how that was made step by step on the internet
>>
>>1153661
Oh look, there's a build log for your OP pic as well.

http://bitfixgaming.boards.net/thread/222/gcp-varia-cube

Did you want us to build it for you too OP?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170331-061239.png (687KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170331-061239.png
687KB, 1080x1920px
>>1153646
Rather than shitpost and samefag like others here i will help you out. Although ive bever really finished a project like this i have started a few and done dicktons of research. There are several ways.

You can heat plastic and form it on a vacumn form table.

They sell plastic welders.

You can use 2 part castable plastic. (I had good results with ez-flo 60.)

Or the easiest method it to cut up existing shit, glue it together, then use bondoglass over it. Sand and paint and wire it up.

Pic related aoears to be an lcd bezel being glassed into a dash panel.

So for example u could get a gamecube, battery pack, old controller, lcd, and just glue it into a blob or play with a layout until u are hapy.

Good luck op
>>
>>1153675
exactly what i was looking for

Thanks!
>>
>>1153676
So you are literally here to be spoonfed then? Because the shit this faggot >>1153675 posted is the exact process mentioned in the links other anons have posted.

You are both useless cunts. One for being completely unable to utilise existing resources which tell you, in detail, how to do the shit you have asked, and the other for thinking you are being helpful despite the fact you are literally reiterating the shit covered in the supplied links (which OP is clearly too fucking lazy to read). You're just encouraging idiots, and as OP has demonstrated, we have plenty of them as it is.

Please leave this board and never return, the pair of you.
>>
>>1153676
No problemo man. There is a mile of forums and shit of people fitting stuf where it doesnt belong.
>>
>>1153703
How about u suck my 1 inch dick you tryhard manlet. If you wanna be a fucking shitposting cunt go to /b.

Why don't (You) go take a good hard look in the mirror and see what a piece of shit you are.

You leave...

Fucking retard.
>>
File: 35976.jpg (7KB, 186x271px) Image search: [Google]
35976.jpg
7KB, 186x271px
>>1153706
> Fucking retard.

Pretty rich from the guy who can't read a sticky or the fucking websites he sourced his images from. Buy hey, if believing that stops the tears from ruining your tendies, then you go right ahead and blame me Melissa.
>>
File: 406.jpg (35KB, 600x777px) Image search: [Google]
406.jpg
35KB, 600x777px
>>1153712
You fucking faggot cuck. You do NOT want to start a meme war.
>>
File: shitpost.png (202KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
shitpost.png
202KB, 640x359px
>>1153712
>>1153740

why dont both of you idiots go back to /b/ or /trash/ where you belong
>>
>>1153749
How about you stop bumping this clusterfuck of a thread..?
>>
>>1153752
you mad bro?
>>
>>1153672
That would be just swell, thanks.
>>
>>1153646
Most of the case is prebuilt because its based off the gamecube controller that had a keyboard built right smack in the middle of it.
>>
High quality plastics are hard to produce yourself. Printing a 3d scan in high quality shop is expensive because plastics are created from compressed molds. Try using either a 3d printer (and sanding it yourself later) or connect existing parts using something like fiberglass. Plan the design and sand it down later.
>>
File: 1480183592441.jpg (12KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
1480183592441.jpg
12KB, 222x227px
>>1153749
U first faggot cuck...
>>
>>1153763
If you can make a mold that essentially casts water the ezflo 60 shit i use is fantastic. It really is like trying to mold water tho. And it gets hot as fuck. But demold time is 15 minutes or less and i would gladly test my casted parts angainst any ither standard plastic parts. I cant honestly tell a difference. Binus points for casting it into a 1/4" thick bullet proof shell for wtf ever u want.
>>
>>1153646
Abs glue and lot of bondo and sanding
>>1153650
>>1153658
>>1153658
No retards this was homemade. Im working on a wii portable myself

Here is the build log for that a particular build. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask.

http://bitfixgaming.boards.net/thread/222/gcp-varia-cube
>>
>>1153654
no? source?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.