[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Safe Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 20170217_121250.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170217_121250.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
An owner I am doing a renovation for recently bought this house with a safe in the basement. Included are some pics. Besides toppling it over and breaking into it from behind I would like to pick your collective brains for ideas. It's the size of a typical gun safe.
>>
File: 20170217_121304.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170217_121304.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Cutting the hinges won't work, the bolts on the door prevent it from opening
>>
File: 20170217_121322.jpg (1MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
20170217_121322.jpg
1MB, 2322x4128px
Serial or model number if it helps
>>
>>1153559
have the owner contact a locksmith.
>>
File: 1490721480780.jpg (29KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1490721480780.jpg
29KB, 326x326px
>>1153559
Give it back Jamal.
>>
Mag drill, borescope.
>>
>>1153568

Not a bad idea, haven't used a bore scope for a safe lock before. Amateur friendly process?

>>1153562

That's the last resort, just figured I'd ask for other diy ideas that won't damage the possible contents of the safe.
>>
>>1153570
Drilling is going to be the really hard part depending what the door is made out of
>>
>>1153559
How is it suspended from the ceiling?
>>
>>1153573

Image is sideways, didn't rotate it before posting from my phone. The safe sits on the floor, made me chuckle though
>>
>>1153559
Attack the side with an angle grinder
Home safes are made to deter lazy people
>>
>>1153578

Wouldn't grinding or even torch cutting carry the risk of burning or damaging possible contents of the safe?

Sparks flying inside during the process
>>
>>1153574
No shit...

I am unsure if what you are asking, do you want it opened? I have one of similar vintage, the key is the littlest thing ever and I know big isnt always better but it doesnt look like much, I am sure a modern day locksmith can pick it.

Dont damage it though, they are not worth that much but its a nice antique. The door is blood thick though, once it sits in the frame it is the same depth as the back and sides, the inside of that is at least three times as thick as the 'door frame', it has another lockable drawer inside at the bottom.

If you have to destroy it, the hinges are absolutely the weakest link, use a tungsten wedge.
>>
>>1153580

Access to the possible contents is all that is desired.

Owner has no interest in keeping it and no one I know wants it. From my own experience with these safes, having used them, taking the hinges off won't work because the latch on the front engages bolts to slide from the door to the housing.
>>
>>1153563
>implying some broke nigger can manage to move a 1000 lbs safe out of someone's house all the way to his
>>
>>1153559
Get this guy to help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw_4HQMS-pk
>>
>>1153559
I guess you could try exposing the locking mechanism by drilling holes in the right places on the door. That way you could maybe circumvent the lock mechanism and open the lock.
Otherwise prepare your anus and buy like 500 angle grinder cutting discs.
>>
>>1153559
How do you know it isn't empty?
>>
>>1153584
Why don't you contact the manufacturer of the safe?
There was a thread like this a few years back, guy wanted to use the safe for himself and see what was in it. Contacted the manufacturer, they fixed it right up for him.
>>
>>1153617
Had two rare dragunov rifles in it that he could have legitimately claimed ownership of and sold for $50k. He was such a cuck he was literally shaking and his wife was going to leave him if he didn't destroy them immediately, even though they were totally legal to own.
>>
Drill the lock
>>
Use a diamond tip drill. Then a flat head should unlock it.
>>
File: DSC_0051.jpg (107KB, 1024x482px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0051.jpg
107KB, 1024x482px
the gay man's method:
>hire a locksmith

the /diy/ man's method
>graph paper
>silence
>deduction
>http://mikesoldsafe.blogspot.fi/2009/07/how-i-opened-safe.html
>>
>>1153647
adding to this, there exists an extremely good tool for safecracking but the name escapes me right now and googling doesn't help
It's a contraption you stick to the dial and plug a cable from it to an iPad. It starts rolling the dial and shows you a live graph on the screen with potential gates.
It cost like 3000 USD but it was pretty much guaranteed to give you a good starting point
>>
>>1153559

if its a cheap shitty safe, the security is all in the door. the side walls may be just thin steel and fireboard. Burglars cut through cheap safe sidewalls with fireaxes. If its not a cheap safe, you or a locksmith will need to drill out the door locking pins individually.
>>
Try saying Open Sesame, report back.
>>
>>1153602
>taking this obvious joke seriously
le shiggydigg
>>
>>1153647
This sounds like a fun project to DIY.
>>
>>1154040

Tried it, didn't work
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.