[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a leak down the line from my hot water heater under a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: hwh1.jpg (40KB, 426x447px) Image search: [Google]
hwh1.jpg
40KB, 426x447px
I have a leak down the line from my hot water heater under a big slab. I shut the cold intake no more leak.I don't have the money to fix this right now. Will this hurt the heating coil?
>>
As long as there is water in the tank no.
>>
>>1152940

Is it gas or electric?

You need to turn off the breaker if it's electric or turn off the gas if it's obviously a gas heater.

It will burn the heater elements out if you leave the power on and the water turned off.
>>
it's an A O Smith electric 75 gallon. the weird thing is that hot is bleeding up the cold water line so the sink is getting warm water when it should be cold, and hot when hot. what the fuck? I am sure there is some broken copper because when I shut the cold intake to the heater the leak stops, the tank is full and heats up ~ I hear this a couple times a day.
>>
>>1152951
Are you sure the faucet's mixer valve isn't going bad?
>>
>>1152947
>It will burn the heater elements out if you leave the power on and the water turned off.

Only if the water level in the tank gets lower than the heating element.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.