[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stairs, stairs, stairs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Stairs 1.jpg (98KB, 470x695px) Image search: [Google]
Stairs 1.jpg
98KB, 470x695px
Hi /diy/,

currently I'm in the process of finishing building my house. We actually bought it partly done. The first floor (including the kitchen, one bedroom, living room) was almost finished by the time we moved in. Right now, I'm in the process of finishing up the second floor and soon time will come when I will have to throw away the shitty temporary wooden staircase.
Me and my waifu both agree on the style of stairs that we want (see attached pic), because they will go great with our interior.
I'm going to manufacture the stairs myself (the metal frame atleast, but not the steps), because this type of stairs will cost atleast 4-5k euros here in Europe. The calculations for the step sizes, angles, etc. can be easily done online, so that's not a problem. The problem is choosing the thickness of the metal for the sides of the staircase. In my opinion it should be in the region of 8-10mm.

So I come here hoping for your input.

I'll post several more pictures of the same staircase
>>
>>1152683
>>
File: Stairs 2.jpg (197KB, 1045x703px) Image search: [Google]
Stairs 2.jpg
197KB, 1045x703px
>>1152684
forgot file
>>
File: Stairs 3.jpg (175KB, 1042x692px) Image search: [Google]
Stairs 3.jpg
175KB, 1042x692px
>>1152685
>>
File: Stairs 4.jpg (210KB, 1045x700px) Image search: [Google]
Stairs 4.jpg
210KB, 1045x700px
>>1152686
only pic with a close-up of the stairs
>>
>>1152683
10 mm but weld a 70 mm wide strip along the bottom side to make it a semi I beam and make it more pleasant to walk on
>>
>>1152683

10mm would probably be fine, however it may be best to see if there is a code minimum...

It seems to me that there may be some bounce in the staircase in your pic...maybe a post on the outside stringer would help...
>>
>>1152683
then post the progress
>>
>>1152687
who's that
>>
>>1152687
>nice skin, eye and hair color
>respectable way of dressing
you definitely /diy/ her.
>>
>>1153393
Was gonna say the same but trying not to be autistic...
>>
>>1152689
well, stenght-wise it would be good, but it would take away the skinny look of the stairs
>>1152690
I don't think I should be worried about bounce, because one side of the staircase will be bolted to the wall (brick wall)
>>1152886
I'll post the progress in the beginning of the summer, because before building the staircase I want to complete the flooring and walls on the second floor
>>
>>1152687
Looks reaaaaaaally lithuanian
>>
>>1153426
Its anonymous. Why would you care what people think?
>>
>>1154896
Ha, I was right.
https://www.google.lt/amp/bustas.lrytas.lt/mano-erdve/zinomos-seimos-atstove-atskleide-kas-jos-busta-paverte-svajoniu-namais.htm%3fgoogleamp=1
>>
>>1154899
Ps. Link has a video with the whole interior
>>
>>1152683
Structural engineer here.

I've designed quite a few stairs.

8-10 mm is fine.

Keep in mind that each of those treads has steel plate under it, welded.

If there wasn't The stringer would buckle.

Timber is a cladding in this case.

Also guaranteed that the balustrade deflects like fuck.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.