[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mint plant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Mint.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Mint.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I recently bought a small plant of mint since i want to make some mint tea and have it at hand, but i want also get the most from the plant.
My main concerns are:
-How can i make it last the longest before it dies? (it's even supposed to die?)
-How, when and how much should i harvest the leaves? Does picking too many leaves harms the plant? What can i do to feed the plant back the necessary material to grow back new leaves? How much time does it takes to grow new leaves?
-I've heard that direct water ruins the plant and the leaves, it is possible to store the plant inside since i have no ways to cover it in case of rain at the moment?
-Any precautions i may have missed?

I hope you guys can help me out.
>>
>>1151814
see
>>>/out/974435

Divide it every few months to more pots. It grows like crazy. The type of mint determines if it likes water or not. Catnip likes sandy dry soil while pepperment loves growing right in wet sandbars of streams.
>>
I'd pick the plant tops, then it'll branch out.
It likes a lot of light so I don't know how it would do indoors
The spearmint on the side of my house in Missouri comes up every spring.
>>
>>1151814
I dont think they die because I planted some outside my house so I could make lots of mojitos and taboulli but it took over my side yard. It even went under the fence into my neighbors yard and invaded his vegetable bed 15 ft away and now he is mad at me and wants me to kill it. They start to look scrappy where the old growth is but the newer areas look nice still.
>>
>>1151814
Mint is a goddamn menace and if you don't keep it isolated to pots it will consume every inch of ground it can. I once planted an herb garden with like 20 different kinds of herbs and by the third year it was half mint and half garlic chives. I dare you to kill it by over-harvesting or letting it get rained on. If it does I guarantee you can find someone near you who will give you a new plant.

>>1151945
this guy knows.
>>
>>1151814
Wanna make sure you have enough? Plant it in your back yard.

Whatever you do, DO NOT let it go to seed. If you see flower buds forming, cut them off immediately. It is a veracious weed that will overtake your garden and yard if you let it.
>>
>>1152609
Mint isn't that bad. A mower easily takes care of it. It is no worse than grass. It is also super easy to remove from garden soil.
>>
>>1152716

Your lawn must smell amazing just after you mow it.
>>
>>1152754
Mint doesn't like being mowed so it stays where it is supposed to for the most part.
>>
When I had a mint plant I could just pick a few leaves when ever. I also just kept it in a pot.
>>
Just planted these all over my yard that only weeds will grow in. I think they're pretty. I'm basically slowly replacing all the ugly or nasty weeds in my yard with wildflowers.
>>
>>1151814
They are quiet robust don't fertilize it, it becones a stronger taste when growing slow. You can harvest whenever you want... also if it has flowers. The taste the strongest righr before building flowers. You can split the roots to make another plant. Thes don't die. All leaves and sticks will dry in winter, butvthey build new in spring. And whats cool... the roots grow under the earth also in winter... it will cover a bigger place if enough space every year. I have approx 1 squaremeter of marocain mint and it allows me to make tea all summer and even freeze some for winter
>>
>>1151814
Even if you pick all leaves it won't die, it just builds new as long as you leave the roots in.
>>
Like the anons said, it's hard to kill.
The place I used to rent had a big pot with nothing growing in it standing outside, from the previous owners, and a crate a few feet away with 2 or 3 mint plants in it. Area was not taken care of, my roommate used to piss there when he was too lazy to go outside, and it barely got any sunlight. Spring next year both the pot and crate were overflowing with mint, with some in random spots in the ground too.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.