[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

work shop general/ what are you working on?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_0750.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0750.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
posted in another thread but seems dead.
Post work shops or projects you are working on.
post your ideas to make money using your /diy/.

Im making some dolls houses or room boxes, hoping to sell them to rich old ladies...
I saw some going on eBay for ridiculous money and they weren't even that well made.
I dont want to make any furniture so hoping to team up with some one once I have finished them and we can sell each others work.

I'm making three and will film making the last one for youtube, hopefully drum up some business.
I thought it would be better to make a few before selling so it looks like more of a product/business.

workshop general/ post projects
dosent have to be wood, electronics - anything.
>>
File: IMG_0752.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0752.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
File: IMG_0749.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0749.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
File: IMG_0753.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0753.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
this one has a stair case, mezzanine 1st floor that and a balcony on the left hand side.
>>
File: IMG_0754.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0754.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
File: IMG_0755.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0755.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
balcony, french doors and 2 windows
>>
File: IMG_0747.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0747.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
1st floor ceiling plan.
more elaborate than the first
>>
File: IMG_0756.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0756.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
workshop, its a work in progress.
work bench made of pallets, of course.
glued together with imitation crab meat.
>>
>>1151611
I see that your shop is a shipping container buried to the correct depth, good work. I hope you are off the grid so you don't have to waste your life earning a living.
>>
>>1151616
kek it is underground but I'm not yet living the full dream - slightly underground in a glorious shipping container insulated with crab fat.
best meme
>>
>>1151620

Your living the dream...Godspeed Anon...
>>
>>1151620
I think it's awesome how your mom hikes that far into the woods to bring you a sandwich for lunch.

Good work on dollhouses. Most doll furniture is better off purchased. (cost effectiveness, not lazy - wooden toy car builders often use premade wheels)
>>
>>1151626
yeah theres no way I'm looking to furnish these.
trying to make money not die of old age, kek.

I'm hoping the level of detail in the interior will help them sell for decent money.
going to use real glass for the windows and have them open properly etc

probably have to buy the lights as i have no idea how id make a chandelier from scratch
>>
>>1151601
Well i was 2 weeks into turning my office building into a man cave / bar. Had bar materials alnost ready. Shelves almost done. Borrowed a torch for stove pipe and building a stand for stove. Then a tree murdered my garage so now i have to spend $2,000 and 4 days getting shit handled. Just the other fucking damaged trees and lighting struck mutherfuckers. After that i get to rebuild my garage roof, paint, and tin roof to match the house and be -$wtf dollars again. To really rub it in we opened a savings count that day.

Fuck my fucking existence...
>>
>>1151711
you gonna use a shipping container as insulation?
>>
File: workshopandwork01.jpg (281KB, 1234x1707px) Image search: [Google]
workshopandwork01.jpg
281KB, 1234x1707px
>>1151601
most recent i started repairing my hammers almost all need new handle, grinding, and a coat of paint, on one of the pic hammer after heavy abuse, one hammer even needs welding and there i have a 10kg hammer head that will by fun to repar...
while i am at it, i do a pair of handles for files still long way with this project need like 40 of them
and need to mark them with color code and my logo so i know they are mine, probably i make a inventory of all things i have in shop and on storage
also pic of my workshop still in progress needs ton of work and love
>>
Wooden arboreal gecko tank. There's nothing to show just yet as I'm just putting together the frame portion of it right now.
>>
>>1152813
nice shop bro
looks comfy
good work too
>>
>>1152967
thanks, actualy its the main workshop have more rooms for storage and shit want to build a garden shead for dirrty stuff(like welding, grinding in mases) for lack of wentilation(workshop is in the midle of house)
>>
Can anyone recommend some good beginners woodworking teaching sources? My dad was going to teach me a couple summers ago but he passed away and there's no woodshop class at my school it got replaced by some stupid graphic design/photograph class. I'm literally too retarded to cut out a squared block I tried to do it the past two days but its always so uneven. Thanks for any advice it's appreciated.
>>
>>1154342
there is ton of grate videos on YT just look up what you need, most of chanels have own sites with plans
begin with small projects, what do you plan to do?
what tools do you have?
>>
File: dusty.jpg (295KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
dusty.jpg
295KB, 1024x768px
>>1151601
Been sanding. I fucking hate sanding. This is how the bed I'm currently building - and the shop atmosphere looked like - after the first round of sanding.

Now I have one more round with the belt sander and a final manual one to go. At least I spent big bucks on a Darth Vader style dust mask this time around, so I'm not coughing my lungs up (unlike last time).

Still, sanding sucks.
>>
>>1154760
Get a planner
>>
>>1154765
I did a fair amount of planing already and am well beyond the point where planing will make the surface smoother. The autists who sharpen their hand planes to a razor's edge and do all their finishing with these will probably screech their disagreement now but they can fuck off as far as I'm concerned since I want to finish the job at some stage.
>>
File: Shed.jpg (1MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Shed.jpg
1MB, 2000x1500px
So many projects right now. Bought a house end of last year, it's an older house built in 1915. Fairly well maintained, but there is a huge list of stuff that needs some work.

Right now I'm in the process of cleaning out the old garage/shed and turning it into a workshop. The two previous owners hadn't done much with it other than storage, so there was a lot in the way of spiders/dirt/weeds growing inside.

Other project:

1. Build a sled to house all of the storm windows during the summer.

2. Build a raised planter bed for the wife.

3. Build a workbench for the shed.

4. Buy a router.

5. Build a couple of wooden boxes for storage.

6. Build a few rain collection barrels.

7. Fix the gutters.

8. Build a new walkway in the backyard.

9. General landscaping.

It's going to take a while to get everything up to speed, but it feels good to be working on something rather than just renting.
>>
>>1155089
Clenched nails. Wow. You don't see that much anymore.
>>
>>1155106
There's all kinds of weird stuff in this house like that. It's a small one, and nobody who lived here ever did any sort of renovation, so almost everything is original.

It's really cool for some stuff, like all of the woodwork, but sucks for other stuff, like the ancient gravity furnace or wiring.

The floors are kind of beaten up, all kinds of gaps and scratches. Could be worse, but it kinda bothers me.

I'll take some more photos of the shed when it's cleaned out, I'm about halfway done with it.

There's a weird wooden shelving thing in the back somebody cobbled together, I'm not sure if it's helping hold the structure up now though, so I'm going to use it as a wood rack for the time being.
>>
>>1151711
Should've had insurance, fuccboi.
>>
>>1154342
>I'm literally too retarded
Don't talk to yourself like that, bro.
>>
File: 20170403_145254.jpg (637KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170403_145254.jpg
637KB, 1920x1080px
Moved into a house recently after living in apartments the past few years, so now I can start working on shit more often. First step is getting some of my shit organized, so I built this to keep my Dremel accessories in place.
>>
>>1151601
OP, what kind of wood do you use for these doll houses? I'm really new to building, but I want to make something small and simple for my sister. Any other tips?
>>
Hey /diy i'm trying to set a little workshop up and i dont really know where should look for benches and shooting boards,do you buy em, or does one usually build those himself? thanks
>>
>>1155633
Depending on your budget and/or skill level you can either build it or buy it. If you choose to build it, google is your friend anon. Benches in particular can be as simple or 'complex' as you want them to be.
>>
>>1155455
Nah, you fucked it up dude. Everything is sideways.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.