[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LIDL TOOLS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 17

File: IMG_6882.jpg (678KB, 2032x1356px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6882.jpg
678KB, 2032x1356px
Anyone here buy from tools LIDL?

I've found many of their tools to be of great value for the price.
I probably have over 50 pieces and no complaints on any of them.

Today I bought a 20v cordless Circular saw for €60.

Just tested it out and it can crosscut trough anything at a pretty good speed without the motor bogging down.
You have to move slow when ripping softwoods close to 3" thick, but it still works.
For hardwoods its closer to 2".
>>
>>1151564
Never brought anything, but I have seen arc welders in there for £60 before. Tbh it sounded too cheap to trust
>>
>>1151564
Bought an angle grinder and calipers from there years ago for super cheap that are still going strong.
That said I also once bought a biscuit joiner that started falling apart with springs shooting every where as soon as I took it out of the box.

I think the more rudimentary and simplistic the tool, i.e. the less moving parts it has, the more likely it'll be actually usable.
>>
>>1151564
Some are good, some are not. I have an angle grinder and a caliper and they work fine. Tried a drill press, and it was just a piece of crap.
>>
>>1151564
for hobby and shit around the house are lidl tools fine, but nothing for heavy daily use
>>1151568
the chap welders have like 30s of welding for circle(to max120A if i remember corectly), they work fine but are to weak for anything seriosly
>>
>>1151619
and this too >>1151564
its like a rulet you can get good tools or junk, even look out for fucked up pices from the good stuff
>>
>>1151564
whats all this then?

bong harbor freight?
>>
>tfw no Lidl or even Aldi in Canada

Please bring superior German retailing to Canada.
>>
File: IMG_6881.jpg (124KB, 640x1105px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6881.jpg
124KB, 640x1105px
>>1151640
Its a German supermarket chain found all over the Europe.
Twice a week they have special offers, on non food related stuff.
Sometimes the offer includes tools.
>>
File: IMG_6886.jpg (111KB, 640x1091px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6886.jpg
111KB, 640x1091px
>>1151643
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
I haven't bought any tools myself but paul sellers recommends their chisels if you can find them. apparently they hold their sharpness well once you sharpen them up yourself and a pretty cheap.

they look like pic related

you can find similar looking chisels on ebay and stuff, different packaging, but they look the same (same handles), so i don't know if those would be just as good or not, my guess if they are sold in lidl then they are mass manufactured and just put into different generic packaging.
>>
>>1151640
all supermarket chains around here have tools on sale every week in special offer + tools and stuff they sell regulery from meme brands to actual brands
this week we have the same like anon here:
>>1151643
>>1151645
only the price for the lawn mower is 10+€ and the rake costs 2.69€ - lol(price with VAT for american anons)
>>
>>1151568
If its AC stick, then it can't be bad for the price. A DC stick for that price is going to be extremely fragile.
It will also overheat extremely quickly on the highest setting as someone said, but at around 80Amp or so you can work on a project normally.

Expect usual AC Stick problems like difficulty striking the arc when cold.

Also you're pretty much limited to 6013 which means you're fucked if you want to weld vertical or overhead.

>>1151583
I once bought an electric nail that I didn't use for almost two years. When I finally needed it, it didn't work.
The warranty was still good and they gave me a credit note with no hassle.
I got an electric HVLP sprayer instead.

The LIDL hand tools are all good.
I have axes, splitting maul sledgehammer, chisels, gouges, Japones saws, garden saws, telescopic pruners, aircraft shears, and lots of others.

The hand planes are too light to be effective though. But they work for small projects.
>>
Yuro Tool Bargains (maybe..) General Tread.

Bongs only this one (sorry..) - Halfrauds, purveyors of overpriced pish, occasionally have decent products hiding in the junkpile - at half price (+ further 10% off), Lifetime guarantee screwdrivers and socket trays worth a look, quality (all things being relative) OK:

>http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/tools/hand-tools/halfords-advanced-6pc-screwdriver-set (Cross)
>http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/tools/hand-tools/halfords-advanced-8-piece-screwdriver-set (Pozidriv)
- £7.50 each (from £15)

Halfords Advanced Modular Tray Set
- 26 Piece Socket Set 1/2"
- 31 Piece Socket Set 3/8"
- 44 Piece Socket Set 1/4"
- all £25 (from £45)

For another 10% off, use code B17TOOLS01 - fill yir boots - basically, any one of the socket trays + a screwdriver set then under £30, guaranteed, may need to C&C tho, dunno if delivery available on all these, YMMV.
>>
>>1151564
yes all the time. Most of the time good quality for the price. Sometimes crap.
>>
>>1151646
I have the LIDL version of those. They are indeed well made, and come from tge factory with a good bevel. All they need is a sharpen.
The steel takes a good edge and the handles can whitstand a bit of mallet persuasion.

I think the importer for the LIDL ones is Abraham Diederichs, if that matters.
>>
>>1151564
Just bought this router for 50 euros. Did I goof?
>>
>>1152605
The only thing wrong with this is the Euro. Somewhere along the way it all went very wrong.

It was when someone thought that 50 different countries could become Europe.
>>
>>1152610
>50 different countries could become Europe.

wat. the european union has 28 members.
>>
>>1152614

27 now...
>>
>>1152610
yeah like 50+(protectorates) countries became the USA
>>
Have bought a lot of tools ftom both aldi and lidl.
I mostly go with aldi as have found the stuff to be better quality but then again I just find aldi to be better quality over all in comparison. Maybe it's just nicer packaging.

So I would agree that if you are doing hobby and diy stuff then there stuff is great.
If you are working full time as a carpenter or whatever then that's a different story.

But for 100 euro you could easily set yourself up with some good stuff for your home garage .

I bought 2 electric sanders and got 2 boxes of different sand paper for 50 euro in total.
So for the little bit of sanding I do , how could you complain ?

I would however suggest not buying anything with a battery from them. Because if the battery goes I don't know how easy it would be to find a replacement

Only twice in the last 10 years have I had to return anything to then

An electric workshop heater that didn't work. I just got my money back

And an extension pole that's for trimming and cutting branches . It only cost me 20 euro while ij other places prices were starting from 60 euro.

All that happened with it was I prone a branch that was a little bit too big and a rivet popped out.
I could have repaired it. But I just took it back and got a new one.
I still have it and use it every summer and that was a good 5 years ago
>>
>>1152619
>Because if the battery goes I don't know how easy it would be to find a replacement

Most battery packs these days are filled with just a bunch of 18650s. Easily replaceable.
>>
>>1151564
I bought almost all of their power tools. Great stuff and cheap as fuck. Don't buy any of the exotic accessories like pic related though. It's complete shite.
>>
>>1152618
Totally the same, kys.
>>
>>1152616

god fucking riddance, bongs have been pulling the handbrake for way too long now.
>>
>>1152645
>bongs have been pulling the handbrake
you wot, mate?
no rabid /pol/ster, but, a large part of Bong doing one was a general inclination to disagree, importing the entire male contents of Syria aged between 18-39 (sorry, 12-17..) is, demographically speaking, a Very Good Idea. EU had, on surface, no responsibility to set national policies on immigration, etc. - but saf, no-one publicly reminded Merkel of that fact, or, EU responsibility expansion was heading there, inevitably, anyway. Bong can (and will) fuck things up of its own accord now, but, at least they have only themselves to blame then.
>>
ONE DAY I WENT TO LIDL
I WENT TO SHOPLIFT FROM LIDL
THEN I GOT CAUGHT AT LIDL
NOW I DON'T GO BACK TO LIDL.
>>
>>1152629
have somthing similiar no idea who bought,
never used it, dust setles on it. its even pain in the ass to set it up and bolt it to the table wonder if somone will buy it if i put it on craiglist
>>
Here it depends locally, but Lidl is usually the best of the cheap stores.
>>
>>1151641
Lidl are opening in America this year
>>
>>1151646
The one's in the picture are definitely from ALDI
>>
>>1152610
If you would live in europe you'd understand how great it is to have the Euro
>>
>>1151649
They're usually just 80 or so amp AC buzz boxes.

They're OK for very light use but nothing more
>>
>>1151646
workzone (as pic) is an aldi brand, parkside is lidl - neither of whom actually manufacture shit, einhell (among others) produce a lot for both. And if we continue down the rabbithole, einhell dont actually manufacture a hell of a lot themselves either nowadays, its all chink contract BS.

All roads lead to a Shenzhen industrial estate, as per - but thats also why its difficult to say definitively, whether any of these cheap tool supermarket brands are 'good' - some products are unarguably well worth your cash, others, junk. Lidl got two different tzpes of rechargeable battery, for example, ones grand, the other, shit, usually. Except sometimes the good ones get manufactured by Shit Battery Manufacturing Co... Its why you pay more for brand, theres at least half chance you know exactly quality you getting before purchase.
>>
>>1152807
It's not you fucking cunt, or rather said it's great for krauts and such that can travel for other countries with smaller economies and live like kings. Fuck eu and its tentacles.
>>
>>1152848
There are both good and bad things about the €.

Its extremely convenient to go to another country and not have to exchange currency anymore.
I don't even want to remember how that felt like. Same goes for border controls.
>>
>>1152857
I would rather have borders than having bin al musaih travel freely all across Europe delivering radicalization and peace.

Also really is awesome having a continental currency and having your production where you can pay 75% less to your employers compared to what you would pay in your own country.
>>
>>1152869
>I would rather have borders than having bin al musaih travel freely all across Europe

Closing borders between EU countries would be economical suicide. Derkas that want to blow shit up will find ways to get inside anyway, even if we'd have north korean style border controls. The biggest threat are the continuingly expanding group of muslims that are already here.
>>
>>1152869
Having open internal borders and illegal immigration are not mutually exclusive.
One can exit without the other.
>>
>>1152795
There's one under construction in my town. We already have an Aldi that's doing extremely well (they just underwent an expansion). The Lidl building is almost twice the size and super fancy.
It's good to know that Lidl sells decent tools, I'll have to check them out
>>
>>1152896
I think the EU was much better when it was just first world nations. Suddenly turning around and letting in these gyppo-filled second world Eastern countries is a fucking insult.

And people are surprised when our countries are swamped with millions of people, crippling all our public services?

Romania simply doesn't deserve to be in the EU. It's not fair on Western Europe to allow these countries in when they're not on the same economical footing.
>>
>>1153175
>Suddenly turning around and letting in these gyppo-filled second world Eastern countries is a fucking insult.

Do you know who was one of the key people who pushed for Eastern European integration after the collapse of the Soviet Union?

Every Conservatives favourite auntie, Margaret Thatcher.

>t's not fair on Western Europe to allow these countries in when they're not on the same economical footing.

It was a tradeoff between that or leaving them to fight amongst themselves until they fell back under Russian influence. Everyone knew that was the tradeoff at the time; everyone accepted that trade off at the time.

What's happened is that a new generation have come along who weren't there and didn't understand the reasons for Eastern European expansion and think it's unfair.
>>
>>1153194
>everyone accepted that trade off
No. In the 70s people voted for a trading union. What we have today is a far cry from that - and was basically done without anyone's blessing. This is disgustingly undemocratic.

It sounds like you're trying to defend Western European countries (and their citizens, especially the working classes) basically being used and shat on by the rich by having their neighbourhoods filled with peasant dregs and their public services being crushed until they eventually break.

Why? So the private sector can enjoy even more monetary gains by having more people on the streets to buy their tat and work in their factories. And, when the NHS finally collapses, they'll bag that up too.

But I suppose you thing that's "raysist". Wake the fuck up you moron.

It's indefensible.
>>
File: mayotte.jpg (110KB, 1137x924px) Image search: [Google]
mayotte.jpg
110KB, 1137x924px
>>1153194
yeah, pic related was the last who-the-fuck to join up in 2014, just in case, the Russians invaded first. The 'new generation' problem with the EU is maybe more, they couldnt fucking tell you, who tf even is a member nowadays, nor could the old generation. They lost the plot entirely (France, Germany) trying to get Turkey - this the very same fucking France that didnt want UK originally, as 'non-compatible' - aurevoir, and all that merde.
>>
>>1153194
>It was a tradeoff between that or leaving them to fight amongst themselves until they fell back under Russian influence.
>whooooo teh evil Soviets it's teh cold war!
>>
>>1151564
I have conflicting views on lidl's hardware section, I bought a parkside soldering station which turned out to be complete shit, however they do have some nice tools. Silver crest also seems to have nice quality products.
It's seems like they have the german engineering by their side, but they lack the experience of other quality tool makers and also try to save some costs.
>>
>>1153206
>I suppose you thing that's "raysist"

No I think it's swivel eyed bullshit.
>>
>>1153208
>who-the-fuck

You don't know who France are?
>>
>>1151564
One day i went to lidl
i went to shoplift at lidl
then i got caught in lidl
so i don't go back to lidl
One day i went to asda
i went to shoplift in asda
then i got caught in asda
so i don't go back to asda
>>
>>1153331
See now, if thats indeed fucking france.. why did it only 'beame a member' in 2014 then? eh? Is The Falklands in the EU? does anyone GAF anymore? Besides, thats nearer fucking Melbourne than Frogland, point me out the fucking Eiffel Tower from there already. Fact remains and demonstrably proven, no-one has clue one whose EU in (and whose not) nowadays. Fucking no-one.
>>
>>1153334
>why did it only 'beame a member' in 2014 then

Because France changed its relationship with it as an overseas territory and it became a region of France, thus the EU. French Guiana is also in the EU.

>Is The Falklands in the EU

No.

>no-one has clue one whose EU in (and whose not) nowadays. Fucking no-one.

That's a lot of projecting you're doing there.
>>
>>1153208
anon that's only part of the globalist goal. More sooner than later african and asean countries will be part of EU too. fuck this entity sideways already.

>>1153361
>t. shill/profiting from eurobucksin any form or shape/junker wife's son/non european
pick your poison, traitor.
>>
>>1153367
>asean
*asian wtf
>>
>>1153367
>eurobucksin any form or shape/junker wife's son/non european

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
>>1151619
Same experience in general, although the drill press I got there a month ago works fine for that price (€80 I think it was). They frequently have good deals on hardware as well (angle brackets etc.) and stuff like drill bits. Got a nice bunch of those one-hand operable clamps there too.

I tend to buy better brands with good reviews for anything that involves circular saw blades or router bits, but for the basics Lidl stuff is actually good value for money.

>>1151646
Yeah I got those! Work fine for the amateur amount of woodworking I do.

>>1152848
So, uhm, Lild tools?
>>
>>1151564
Lads, I will let you on a secret.
Lidl strategy of low prices is based on the way they buy stuff from their supplierers .
My mom is processing the cosmetics.
The way they do things is they make few giant orders of only 1-4 products and request discount for it.
To make you into it, they order more ammount per order than any other big store chain (tesco, kauflaund) where I live (easter europe)
So they are cheap but variety sucks, not quality.
>>
>>1153757
For someone who keeps accusing people of applying labels, you sure do apply a lot of labels.

>rinsing their public services

This argument always tickles me. The vast, overwhelming, majority of Eastern Europeans are here to work and remit money back to their families; the strong pound and their ability to speak some English (even if poor) makes it an attractive proposition. Since the value of the pound has dropped they've already started to go elsewhere (because if you're not earning an extra 10% to be a 600 miles further from home, you may as well be closer to home)

The vast, overwhelming, majority of people who are leeching off of public services in the UK are white British.
>>
>>1151564
>Europeans Harbor Freight?
>Fake and/or Gay
>>
>>1152766
>>1153332

WHY YOU LIDL...!!
>>
File: 6vScT.jpg (137KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
6vScT.jpg
137KB, 717x880px
>>1153781
>Fake and/or Gay
>>
>>1153757

> Their precious "cultural" homogeneity

I think your trying to make this a bad thing...

And it's not...
>>
>>1153780
>here to work and remit money back to their families
Yes a load of minimum wage earners who pay little or no tax and most likely claim housing benefit and tax credits.

When you make this argument of "HURR DURR DEY WURK" you just sound like a fucking robot who parrots the dogma they've been forced to swallow by equally stupid, poltically correct robots.

It just doesn't add up! Where is this land of milk and honey you keep telling us these peasants are bringing?

It's in the lily-white gated communities of the corporate fucks who are the real (and only) beneficiaries of this sick arrangement.

Once again these people shit on the working classes, demonising them when they complain, and lap up the money.

Also you've not mentioned the asymmetry of the arrangement.

Eastern Europe would never accept even a tenth of the "multiculturalism" that we;ve been forced to.

Why aren't you concerned that we've opened up our borders to a bunch of old-world neo-nazi hypocrites?

Becuase, just like your programmers told you, it's only racist if someone from western Europe, North America, and maybe New Zealand and Australia says it.

Everyone is allowed to carry on fiercely resisting multiculturalism and maintaining their "culture" (something that you people only, again, seem to find so "disgusting" when people from the above countries wish to do).

The whole thing is a mess and the working classes are being used and abused as per usual.

The NHS is on its last legs, social housing is at breaking point, school class sizes are huge and the restrictions on benefits are so tight now that disabled people are killing themselves because the government refuses to class them as disabled.

Funny how Romanian families (who, even if they wanted to work, are unemployable as far as I can tell) seem able to get a nice house for their 7 kids and "extended family"

The public services ARE being "rinsed" you stupid, stupid, utterly contemptible brainwashed cowardly traitor fuck.
>>
>>1154229
It was a comment on the selective critical faculties of people like >>1153780

When someone from Britain says something along those lines they claim to be so utterly disgusted by such a thing that the person is immediately pigeonholed as a dirty racist, vile animal who needs to be hauled through the coals and into the stocks.

Someone from most other places makes the same claim and suddenly it's a romantic notion. Their minds are awash with picturesque stereotypes of whatever country is in question.

They imagine this picture postcard vision being ruined by outsiders and they are equally appalled as they are at the person wishing to preserve a country like Britain's picture postcard stereotypes.

Funny that eh?

It's like they're complete and utter hypocrites or something.
>>
>>1154240
That's a lot of noise for not a lot of effort.
>>
>>1154240
>Funny how Romanian families (who, even if they wanted to work, are unemployable as far as I can tell) seem able to get a nice house for their 7 kids and "extended family"

It's almost as if they're not, and you're being consistently lied too. But *that* can't be right, can it?!

Also take your meds. Please.
>>
I thought I stumbled into a discussion about ALDL, ASDI and LIDA but it was a Brexit one.

However, related to /DIY/ Us Brits are sure about to Do It Yourself, destroy the villainous enemy rampaging across the continent.

Now we have fired the opening salvo, watch the others come to our party. The Germans will never be trusted, the French will always be the laughing stock surrender monkeys and Italy and Spain are irrelevant.
>>
>>1153781
Harbor Freight thats like a hardware store supermarket, isnt it?
we have thing like OBI(baumax), Hornbach etc.
OBI has like house tools they are totaly junk the previous store had a variety of brands but afther the take over are the majority of hand tools and small tools som overprised meme german brand(china shit), they have normal brands too but the price is not worth it to buy tools there
the Lidl tools are more hobby/DIY oriented and they are not always in store
>>
File: image.jpg (289KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
289KB, 960x720px
>>1151564
Today.....table saw or wheelchair?
>>
File: tmp_407414866026878921142254588.png (60KB, 772x198px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_407414866026878921142254588.png
60KB, 772x198px
>>
>>1151564
A couple of weeks ago i brought a toolbox for like 70 £, seems fine and the socket wrenchs are ok.

If i had to buy professional shit i'd have brought something else on amazon, to fix most of the shit at home is enough.
>>
>>1154693
..or arthritis gloves, giant TV and bucket of who-knows-what-the-fuck for junkfood, plus, choice of /diy/ McMansion Build kits (just add tree). You went more Murican than Murica - where did it all go wrong for you, Australia?
>>
>>1154564
Harbor Freight (Horrible Fright) sells Chinese SKT (http://www.cnskt.com/) and other rebranded garbage (as "Chicago Electric" for example). I see the same garbage in European stores but with different stickers and it looks very similar to the Lidl garbage. I had one SKT rotary hammer and it didn't lock the chisel in chipping mode. These bottom level Chinese tools are under-engineered and have the cheapest motors with the least copper possible.
>>
>>1151564
is this AUS harbor freight or what
>>
>>1155149

>>1151564
>for €60

http://banknotes.rba.gov.au/legal/legal-tender/
>>
I think we have cheaper tools in eastern Europe's Lidl than in western Europe. I'll put some prices here and ask a western anon to confirm.
I bought some Lidl tools, they're ok for moderate use.
>>
File: page0003.jpg (240KB, 1039x1624px) Image search: [Google]
page0003.jpg
240KB, 1039x1624px
>>
File: page0004.jpg (266KB, 1039x1624px) Image search: [Google]
page0004.jpg
266KB, 1039x1624px
>>
File: page0005.jpg (259KB, 1039x1624px) Image search: [Google]
page0005.jpg
259KB, 1039x1624px
>>
File: page0006.jpg (263KB, 1039x1624px) Image search: [Google]
page0006.jpg
263KB, 1039x1624px
>>
>>1152675

>thinking Brexit will have any effect on immigration policies
>thinking the EU wants to flood every member state with muslim scum

The UK has been importing indians, pakis and other subhumans for more than half a century, and will continue to do so until not a single white person remains on that rainy island.
>>
>>1155308
See
>>1155120

It's a rebranded Chinese design rotary hammer. I had one similar to hat and its chisel didn't lock in chipping mode (making chipping mode an exercise in frustration) and the switch was extremely hard to turn so I returned it. I've also used DeWalt, Makita and Bosch rotary hammers and own a Makita and Bosch right now.

http://www.cnskt.com/products/?s=3
http://www.cnskt.com/products/?s=2
http://www.cnskt.com/products/?s=1
>>
>>1155324
>nd will continue to do so until not a single white person remains on that rainy island

on the positive side, we could finally do this then: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlrA-vPOGVQ
>>
>>1152605
I bought one of these for 30quid, haven't used it yet as it came with 6mm & 8mm collets; ordered a 1/4" collet for £1.50 or so which arrived today.
>>
>>1155302
the crimping pliers set looks nice saw the pliers separetli from another meme brand not bad
>>
File: yea.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
yea.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>1155304
only the vise seems nice to me
>>
File: deffy.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
deffy.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>1155302
>>1156095
oh . and i got that set . quite handy , if you dont got tools like me , other than that . would buy something else
>>
>>1155539

If it's not fit for purpose you just bring it back.

I go there for groceries once a week any way.
>>
>>1155539
I still don't understand how the Parkside brand works, they're obviously rebranding stuff. Thing is, sometimes it's overpriced garbage, the other time it's really solid stuff for a really good price. Where do they get al the stuff??
>>
>>1151564

When I see a decent offer I buy tools from LIDL.
It's cheap but you know in advance that the quality isn't top, I take really good care of my tool and I'm just an hobbyst so I don't mind.
>>
>>1156148
>Where do they get al the stuff??

Wherever they can get it for the cheapest price at or above the required specification.
>>
I have two Lidl chainsaws, multiple kinds of Lidl axe/hatchets, various other garden powertools and still all of my fingers.
>>
>>1156576
Because you haven't used them or cos they're half decent?
>>
>>1156613

The latter, they've cut all my firewood for the past 4 years
>>
As a general budget tool tip - avoid cheap 'Silverline' tools from discount UK warehouses such as ToolStation. These shops can sell the items so cheaply because they pay very little for them to begin with - they buy defect items that don't pass the factories quality standard (this is speculation but I think the idea is generally sound).

It should be fine if you can identify problems and adjust them, though some products are just shit. I had to grind down the adjustment wheel of a smoothing plane that was a few milimeters out, preventing it from turning. A coping saw handle fell off after just a few uses. The Hand drill, to be fair I got good use out of, but the gear mechanism wasn't aligned properly and it jumped every few turns, plus the handle glue broke. Drill bits were crap, too, each of my primary ones snapped.

I kitted out a basic hand tool woodworking station for about £100 and estimate £25-£35 worth lost or needing adjustment.
>>
I live right next to one, have all kinds of stuff from there. 2 screwdrivers snapped but that's all, can't complain at all.
Although not diy-related, one of my best purchase ever was a little waterproof bluetooth speaker from there. Bought it years and years ago for 20€ and use it almost daily in the shower and sauna. Ridiculously cheap compared to other shops and listening to music in sauna is the most comfiest things ever.
>>
File: IMG_20170406_165631.jpg (1MB, 1809x2633px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170406_165631.jpg
1MB, 1809x2633px
>>1156148
I bought this as a gift for my sister, she mentioned she would like to do some artsy fartsy stuff.
Did I goofed?
>>
>>1155302
>>1155304
I have that Set chei tubulare și imbus and the Set mecanică fină; the prices look roughly the same actually — I bought them in the Netherlands. I guess we pay a little more, but not much.

>>1156479
>>1156148
Yeah, it's just basic economics. Lidl orders this stuff in bulk and gets a bulk discount.

The soldering iron is complete crap though. Mine broke after only a few uses. From the stuff I've bought there, about 8 to 10% is crap. The rest is pretty decent for moderate use.
>>
>>1156972
I have the corded one. It works fine.
I don't use it much though.
If your sister doesn't use it for crafty shit, just let ger know it works great for polishing acrylic painted fingernails.
>>
>>1156688
Lidl drill bits are decent.
The bad ones from discount brands are often painted silver.

I have a set of Silverline branded metric spanners. I have no complaints.

Though I have noticed a lot of their tools are Imperia standard, which makes me think they're coming from India.
>>
>>1151564
Been using the saw a lot this past week.
It's actually better than I expected.

It comes with a 20cm rip fence. Pretty much all you need to build a decent track for it.

The biggest con to being battery powered is that once the battery gets to 30% or less, it won't have enough juice to cut through anything thicker than an inch in one go.
>>
>>1153334
>>1153331
>>1153208
>>1153206
>>1153194
>>>/pol/
>>
>>1157112

I'd buy some of those 20 Euro extra batteries they sell now (and don't forget to keep them charged). In a year they will be unobtainium.
>>
>>1153209
I don't know from where you are but I know for sure that Putin is an evil calculating bastard that just luuurves power. And I happen to live in a country that has over 1300km of border with Russia. As Ukraine is just in Europe's backyard it's unnerving to have Russia having a casual war here.
>>
>>1154240
>Funny how Romanian families (who, even if they wanted to work, are unemployable as far as I can tell) seem able to get a nice house for their 7 kids and "extended family"

Just as a side note, is there any evidence for this (like a citation, source?) or are you just rambling? "Hello, anon from the internet"

We had a politician who accused the refugees for leeching the system "they get these really expensive baby carriages and the government pays them". It turned out that the statement was false. Like a lie. She defended herself with the (translated) words: "But this is how people feel it is!". This is what I feel when I read a accusing rant on the internet. That it is either ignorance, self-delusion or stupidity. People have no concept of source criticism. People aren't suspicious and check facts when someone tells them something. That should be done especially when you read something off the internet, and especially when you find the valuable info on an anonymous imageboard!
I believe in peer review.
Best regards
Man of science.
>>
>>1157312

All unemployed with a lot of kids can get an appropriate council house in the UK.

https://www.google.com/search?q="council+house"+unemployed+large+families

There's often special task groups in councils to deal with the "underprivileged" and those against us whites have "unconscious bias", so gypsies tend to be on the top of the line.

It's very hard to punish this kind of behaviour without going full social Darwinist (let them starve if they can't find charity) or fascist (take the kids away and/or sterilize the parents). Also deporting the jews of course.
>>
>>1157312
>le assbergered 4chan science man
top lel

Explain in what way was her statement was false and what would need to be proven inorder for you believe it were true.

Would a picture of a refugee with a stroller of "the expensive kind" suffice as proof?
Or would there need to be a police investigation into how the purchase of said stroller was funded?

The latter is obviously not going to happen. There are no researchers collecting information on who buys strollers so that it can be "peer" reviewed.
Real life is not a controlled test in a laboratory that can be repeated.

If the Government did not buy the stroller directly and distribute it to immigrants, but instead said immigrant bought it using the social whatever allowance is the statement still false?

There is also a big difference between unproven and false.

Plese grow up Mr. Science man.
>>
>>1154240
>Eastern Europe would never accept even a tenth of the "multiculturalism" that we;ve been forced to.
Look up the numbers of immigrants from other parts of the USSR to the Baltics. You might be surprised

>the working classes are being used and abused
This doesn't count as data, but I've heard of those grim towns, where population essentially consists of migrants from eastern EU, actually working, and native scally scum, living on benefits.
I get your pain anon, yet perhaps you should be a little more critical in your reasoning of what's the overall impact of them migrants on your economy.
>>
>>1157397
>take the kids away
From what I've read social workers actually have a habit of doing this on regular basis
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.