[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pull up bar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: bqaHexaxbylYqfa5.jpg (618KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
bqaHexaxbylYqfa5.jpg
618KB, 1200x900px
Hey /diy/, here's a project I need some more minds to look at.

I want to build an indoor free standing pull up bar. ( No not a door one or any of that shit )

I want it to at least be semi modular/ condense-able so I can store it somewhere like under my bed.

I'm not a bad carpenter so I'm thinking wood or maybe scaffolding? Just struggling with how I'll make it affordable, storeable and usable.

Any /diy/ sages to offer some insight, ideas or designs?
>>
>>1151539
two A frame, iron bar on top
>>
Few hooks in wall
Metal bar on hooks
Remove bar, put under bed
Put clothing on hooks
Build power cage
Put clothing on cage
Get fat
>>
>>1151544
Man, I wish I could get fat. I'm skinnyfat. Can't make any alterations to the room though, has to be a standalone setup.

>>1151541
No side stability?
>>
>>1151548
two foldable ladders, one iron bar
>>
>>1151544
>Build power cage

differnet anon, how do I do this? is there a how to somewhere?
>>
File: IMG_20170328_114632.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170328_114632.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
Ok /diy/ not many biters..but here's what I'm thinking I'll do anyway. Think this will work?

2 thick square boards ~40cm/40cm ( or one long panel)
2-4 Inset heavy duty hinges on base (not using solid elbows - so I can flatten/stack)
Slide in bolts at base to secure it should be easy enough to (re/dis)assemble it.

Concerned about the hinges though. Think they'll hold? Any ideas to make extra secure? I thouht maybe attach a small metal plate to the underside of the base for the hinges to bolt to for distributing the stress across a larger area. (Had the idea to try to repurpose an old cast iron pan..how could I cut that? or just tell me I'm crazy)

But how the fuck do I carve out a ~10cm2 1cm deep square without wasting hours with a chisel?

Behold my art.
>>
>>1151624

Yeah, I used a handy site called Google. I typed in "diy power cage plans" and found like a million XD
>>
>>1151865
Just make sure to use very heavy duty hinges or L bends. Idk whay they're called
>>
File: 1351752120397.jpg (83KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1351752120397.jpg
83KB, 960x720px
>>1151865
Maybe do it with something heavier like concrete or marble. Just drill through and bolt it up.

Hard to determine if it'll tip... Is there some sort of math equation to calculate the force required to tip something at a certain fulcrum based on the base and top weight?
>>
>>1151865
boris you can't build an "arm" and support you in mid air like a fucking desk lamp
>>
Why do you not want a door pull up bar? Mine came with hooks to mount on top of the door frame. Not too bad, and it saves a lot of room if you live in a small house.
>>
>>1152022
He clearly just sketched the 2nd support... shittily... But even then, of course you can make a single arm work. OPs pic probs could work if cemented the base hole and had a thick bar... fucking pajeet.
>>
>>1152027
Why? That hard to think of a reason?
>Doesn't own the house?
>Doesn't want to work out with the door open
>Maybe has other uses for it other than pull ups?
>>
>>1152033
>doesnt own the house
you can still put a pull up bar on the door, it is detachable so you can put it under your scooter

>with the door open
then just build a door in the middle of the room

>other uses
well then it is not a pull up bar anymore is it you should have said something about this in the first place
>>
>>1151539
Put fkn castor wheels under so slides instead of tip.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.