[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Size Limits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: dubs.jpg (10KB, 160x213px) Image search: [Google]
dubs.jpg
10KB, 160x213px
I know this is the land of the free and all but, Does anyone know If i can build A tiny house either as a Auxiliary Dwelling Unit or primary residence on my own property under the BOCA federal building code. My county doesn't publish it's own and I cannot find it online

I'm not concerned with plumbing or what have you. Its 14 acres
>>
>>1151286
In many places a cuck shed, err, tiny house with a square footed of 120 ft or less is considered an out building and not subject to building codes. Similarly, some places exempt 'temporary' buildings from many and sometimes all building codes. So, if it is on wheels or something like that you can squeak by. It is hard to say without seeing the actual codes that apply to your location.

All that said, it is generally cheaper, faster, and more comfortable to buy a used trailer or RV and use that instead. I've heard of people spending $10k on a cuck shed that is smaller and shittier than a trailer they could have bought used for $8k. Of course, many of them were cucks through and through and didn't even have a drivers license let alone a truck to pull anything around with.
>>
>>1151286
>image for ants
>get image
>namefag
You must be new, welcome. The bump's on me.
>>
>>1151291
UNDER THE BOCA BUILDING CODE.

No it is not cheaper to buy an 890 square foot trailer and move it 100 miles

UNDER THE BOCA BUILDING CODE

who are these people that you heard of. or are you just making that up too.

UNDER THE BOCA building code
>>
>>1151291
Since the board is called DIY i assumed you would have deduced that i would be building this structure not that you would have simply deduced that 200 square foot of materials costs the same as buying a premade modular home.

20 pieces of plywood do not cost the same as 50 pieces of plywood

100 12 ft 2x4s do not cost the same as 500
>>
File: eatadickop.jpg (158KB, 1600x805px) Image search: [Google]
eatadickop.jpg
158KB, 1600x805px
>>1151313
Ever thought of buying a trailer and doing diy inside it? Chances are you're not a certified carpenter, nor electrician or plumber. If you just want to get your autism fix by fucking around with cosmetic and interior structural shit then you should really consider the trailer route.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.